Was Burke Involved # 5

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tricia, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Herlock5

Herlock5 Active Member

2. Herlock5

Herlock5 Active Member

Prosecutors did not present evidence implicating burke to GJ?

3. Venom

Venom Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would know if they did or not.

4. Me66

Me66 Active Member

Burke was underage so even if they were sure he did it, they couldn’t pursue it.

5. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

icedtea4me,
    I think we all know that, Patsy states that she purchased the underwear from Bloomingdale's in her interview.

What may have been a touch too elliptic for you was that we do not know if the underwear was actually wrapped at Bloomingdale's or simply placed in a shopping bag, the underwear package was small and portable?

The relevance of all this lies in considering if all the Partially Opened Gifts were FAO Schwartz gift wrapped or a mixture of different wrappings?

Patsy does state in one of her interviews that she chose FAO Schwartz because they did free gift wrapping and delivery.

Could this have included the underwear purchased at Bloomingdale's?

6. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Herlock5,
    We do not know what they presented, but enough was put on the table to charge the parents with committing child abuse and assisting a third party, i.e. the person, so named in the True Bills.

Bear in mind Burke Ramsey could never be named in connection with his sisters assault and death as he was legally a child beneath the age of criminal responsibility and according to Colorado Statute he cannot be identified.

dgfred likes this.
  7. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Me66,
    Sure, and under Colorado Statute they were compelled to not identify him!

dgfred and Me66 like this.
  8. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Well-Known Member

Items purchased at FAO Schwartz (proof of purchase required) would be gift wrapped by FAO Schwartz employees. I'm certain that it would not include items purchased elsewhere.

9. Herlock5

Herlock5 Active Member

So he could not be charged for murder?

10. David Rogers

David Rogers Well-Known Member

With all the people that were at the hearings from Jurors to bailiffs, court reporters and law staff this is tighter than Fort Knox. What hasn’t something leaked. Protecting a minor? Convict John? Surly if it was Patsy that would have leaked by now.

11. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Herlock5,
    This one depends on the legal jurisdiction, some jurisdictions will charge the minor with whatever crime is alleged, but not prosecute, others will not, the former see it as a formal step in the legal process.

Given Hunter's eye to detail, e.g. not filing the True Bills, then maybe he was charged, but it will be a only on paper affair?

12. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

David Rogers,
    Sure, I agree this is why the case is more likely to be BDI?

The case is unlikely to be PDI. The staging more or less incriminates Patsy as she leaves personal forensic evidence at a crime-scene that is sealed off from the rest of the house. Which is the opposite of the intended objective.

IMO the case is either JDI or BDI?

The curious thing is John appears not to be involved due to a lack of evidence and Burke given his age seems to lack the maturity both sexually and mentally to pull off such a crime?

Yet we have Hunter, et al all prevaricating and avoiding any connection with the legal due process, why would they do that, as you say if it was PDI or JDI then someone by now would have leaked, as they would know the True Bills would back them up?

This would apply even if John and Patsy were innocent, since those on the Grand Jury would all hold different opinions?

The only reason not to leak is to know a minor is involved and that there might be extenuating circumstances?

One thing is for sure, once John passes on we will hear more. Since if they refuse to release his sealed documents, evidence trail, etc, then will know who allegedly did it!

dgfred and David Rogers like this.
  13. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

icedtea4me,
    I tend to agree with you. Does anyone know what the wrapping on the Partially Opened Gifts looked like?

Patsy is saying she never got round to wrapping the size-12's, but this is just another way of saying someone else could have unwrapped them and used them to redress JonBenet?

Just like the details regarding the underwear taken from JonBenet's underwear drawer, BPD have never said much about the Partially Opened Gifts or from memory released any crime-scene photos, I wonder why?

14. proust20

proust20 Active Member

In Kolar's FF, there is a photograph of the torn Christmas presents on page 340 (photo 27). According to the caption, the wrapping is the same as on the the children's presents as seen in the Christmas day pictures, which I take to mean as being the FAO Schwarz wrapping. There is also shown the unwrapped Lego set supposedly meant for BR's birthday.
    Given PR's lack of credibility, her claim that she was the one who tore the wrapping can be dismissed readily. Kolar states that BR tore the paper on Christmas Day. Therefore, it can be inferred that PR was once again trying to distance BR from being in the basement.
    Assuming that the presents in the WC are part of the staging, I am once again puzzled by the point of arranging them there. What about this suggests a kidnapping gone wrong? A way to reconcile this confusion is to think of the staging as a disorganized effort. The Rs could have been changing their minds as they did it, or different people may have been responsible for various aspects of the staging.
    Also, as the Lego set is unwrapped, how could BR be surprised when receiving it later in January? Since his train room was in the basement, he'd have come across it easily.

Cottonstar and Herlock5 like this.
  15. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

proust20,
    Exactly.

Well put, now Kolar hints that Burke opened the gifts intended for Patsy's niece Jenny, i.e. size-12's?

Now does it matter how these were wrapped, e.g. FAO Schwarz wrapping, Bloomingdale's wrapping, Other Christmas Themed wrapping?

Kolar is implying Burke knew about the size-12's long before they set out for the White's Christmas party, along with all the other gifts?

I reckon its not so much the gifts are in the wine-cellar as part of the staging, but that they are not say in JonBenet's bedroom, they were likely dumped in the wine-cellar to break any links to upstairs along with a cover story about Burke's birthday?

How about JonBenet opening Burke's gifts and he goes postal over this?

dgfred likes this.
  16. Herlock5

Herlock5 Active Member

Put this together with the pineapple evidence and it becomes more and more clear.

17. Chocopops

Chocopops Member

Do you have the source for Patsy having claimed to have been the one who tore the wrapping? Thanks.

18. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

In the following excerpt Patsy is viewing crime-scene photographs of the wine-cellar and answering related questions.

Chocopops,

June 1998 Patsy Ramsey Interrogation by Thomas Haney and Trip DeMuth
    Note John in an earlier account states that Patsy did not know anything about the gifts in the wine-cellar, i.e. only John did.

James Kolar in his book that Burke Ramsey opened the gifts:
    James Kolar, Foreign Faction, Excerpt
    So there you go. It was Burke, John and Patsy who opened the gifts?

All different accounts, which raises the question: if the Ramsey version of events is kosher then why do they all claim to have opened the gifts?

IMO, the opened gifts are like the size-12's, a red flag!

Razz, dgfred and Chocopops like this.
  19. Chocopops

Chocopops Member

Thanks UKGuy