Was Burke involved in JB's death?

• Burke was involved in the death of JBR

Votes: 377 59.6%
  • Burke was totally uninvolved in her death

Votes: 256 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeDee the more that you talk about JAR, the more the hair stands up on the back of my neck. With his alibi firmly in place and his being cleared in the case, why did John lawyer up JAR, his sister and his MOTHER!?! Remember, he refused to even talk to BPD until they formally announced that JAR and Melinda were cleared.

If anyone besides the principals needed representation, I would first think of Don Paugh. I also keep thinking back to Nedras 'a little bit molested' comment.

Curioser and curioser.

In the beginning of the thread, the possibility was brought up that JonBenet could have unplugged Burke's Nintendo controller and that could have caused him to go into a rage. Well, turns out JonBenet has a bit of a history with that:

"Let's go bother Burke," you'd say. And so we would go in his room, where he was playing his Nintendo endlessly and unplug his computer. And then he would say "Heck, I was at the highest level!" And we would run away, go in your bathroom and lock the door, and he would be banging on it and we would be giggling behind it.

In the beginning of the thread, the possibility was brought up that JonBenet could have unplugged Burke's Nintendo controller and that could have caused him to go into a rage. Well, turns out JonBenet has a bit of a history with that:

Where was the quote in your post from please? And who is the rest of 'we'? Thanks!

Where was the quote in your post from please? And who is the rest of 'we'? Thanks!

It's from a letter published in The Globe to JonBenet from Lindsey. I believe Lindsey is Judith Phillip's daughter:

Dear JonBenet,

I have been missing you for six years now, and seeing your face on television and sometimes in the papers. I wish I could talk to you. We had such happy times together - in your pink bedroom, in your garden, all through your house. Although I was a couple of years older than you (your mom being pregnant with Burke when my mom was pregnant with me), I always liked playing with you best. You were funny and smart and liked ice cream as much as I did.

Do you remember how my mom taught us, at the Boulder Salad place, when we were spooning the ice cream into our cones, to tap the cones halfway through to make the ice cream sink so we could get more in? That was the last time we saw each other and it was such a good time. After you were gone, my mother asked if I thought you were missing ice cream. And I said right away, "Mom, there's ice cream in heaven." I hope I was right.

I sure wish you were with me now that we're teenagers. True, you wouldn't be quite 13, but you always seemed older than your years. Even when I knew you, you were never just this little kid running around. You always had plans, some project or other, something to do. I was never bored when I was with you. Now we could be going to the Pearl Street Mall, two blondes together, and beyond hating the blond jokes. (You never got old enough to hate the blond jokes like I did.)

We could hang out on campus and look at what the college girls are wearing. When I was the age you'd be now, there was a big production of The Nutcracker. Sometimes I'd go and watch the rehearsals. You would have been one of the dancers, I bet.

I know you loved Christmas and the Pearl Street Mall is so pretty now with all the lights. There's another mall to go to now, too, as big as a town in itself, with its own streets. I love it when my mom takes me there. You can get everything cool there, like at Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, Polo and Ralph Lauren. At least those are what I like. There's all these new styles. You wouldn't be old enough probably, to start asking your mom if you could have your bellybutton pierced, like I just did. And, of course, she said absolutely not! Maybe you'd say, "Yuck!" Me, too, a couple of years ago. But now it seems OK, even cool. I'm sorry you won't get to feel how your body changes when you get to be a teen. It is really like a miracle.

And, remember how we'd tease your brother all the time?

"Let's go bother Burke," you'd say. And so we would go in his room, where he was playing his Nintendo endlessly and unplug his computer. And then he would say "Heck, I was at the highest level!" And we would run away, go in your bathroom and lock the door, and he would be banging on it and we would be giggling behind it.

I'm so sad that you can't be here to watch your brother grow up and change. Like my brother Matthew was distant for a while and now he's my friend and takes me to his classes at CU sometimes. He's going to be an astrophysicist. I wonder what Burke is doing now.

The last time I saw him we were at Dougie's house and he was so sad and grieving and hardly could talk from missing you. I wanted to hug him, but I couldn't.

That last year you had a pink Christmas tree in your room. There were Christmas trees in every room of your house, all with presents under them, and I was tempted to be jealous because in our house we had only one Christmas tree for everybody.

But I didn't really feel like being jealous because you always shared everything. If there was one cookie left, you would split it and give the biggest half to me. I really loved you for being kind and generous always.

You would have been such a good friend for me now in this kind of difficult time of learning to drive and all that.

Maybe you would have been wanting to go to Boulder High like I do. I'd be telling you about all these neat classes, like my catering class. We learned to make snickerdoodles at first and then we learned how to make a Thanksgiving dinner. And the team sports, I did softball starting last summer and now I'm on the swim team.

You would be great at team sports because you always got along with everybody. You would still be too young for boyfriends (and wouldn't need them!) and we would talk about that stuff. I miss you. You were so funny and always thought of things to do that might tick off the parents.

You would really love the Harry Potter books because they are full of magic. the Harry Potter movies are good, too. And maybe you'd like Eminem's rap music and the movie 8 Mile. And concerts at Chataugua (a local park). And quieter things, like walks at Chataugua at sunrise with the dogs. Some things don't change, like the Boulder Christmas Star, which has been lit for several weeks now, high on the hill that we could see from both our houses. Maybe you are looking at it now from above and at least our eyes can meet there.

I know you loved your life and I loved your life too. And knowing how much you loved yours, I must love mine the more. I will always be thinking of you and hoping that you are having ice cream in heaven. I know you are an angel there and someday i will be with you.

The clouds will be pink like the walls of your room and we will be laughing together and looking forward, and back, and not missing each other anymore.

Love forever,
Your friend, Lindsey

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-neighbors-kids-friends.htm

It's from a letter published in The Globe to JonBenet from Lindsey. I believe Lindsey is Judith Phillip's daughter:

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-neighbors-kids-friends.htm

Great clue about the Nintendo. Pity she didn't mention how much JBR liked pineapple and who she liked to feed it to her. Or, shame she didn't know about the static cling of the Barbie nightgown. We could have some really great 'evidence' then! LOL.

Great clue about the Nintendo. Pity she didn't mention how much JBR liked pineapple and who she liked to feed it to her. Or, shame she didn't know about the static cling of the Barbie nightgown. We could have some really great 'evidence' then! LOL.

Pity she didn't live with her 24/7 as that's the only way she would have known about the pineapple. I'm pretty sure she fed herself although she would have needed someone to prepare it for her and static cling, well, people in the tropics may not be aware of it, but I'm certain everyone in Boulder is.

JonBenet would step on Burke's lego's and he'd run after her "JonBenet I'm going to...!".

That letter was interesting.
We always think about the family members left behind when someone young dies but often forget about the impact on friends.

JAR is told by LE to write his feelings and the who and what of JonBenet's murder. He comments on the amount of the ransom and how he could pay that amount. He notes the references to movies in the rn. He talks about Patsy being "flashy" and perhaps it was one of her friends who commited the crime. He talks about the movie Ransom and how it relates to his family. He talks about "forgiving" the killer. Steve Thomas comments on how JAR had "attitude".

If JAR is willing to forgive the killer...then it must be either his father or brother. I don't think JAR would cover for his step-mother.

I think he would cover for Patsy, if he thought daddy would cut him off from the cash flow. Hey wouldnt that make Patsy the cash cow? Money is a very strong motivator, its what drove that whole family and their circle of friends and acquaintances. We tend to ignore the potency of the almighty dollar.

IMO,
I always thought that Burk and JBR had a regular sibling jealousy/rivery relationship.
At that age it is love/hate.
I do think JBR woke up and had wet herself, woke Burk up,
they went down and ate pineapple, got into a scuffle (hit with the flashlight)
fell off a chair.......goofing around.
PR woke up or was never asleep........heard the commotion .
PR through a hissy fit.
Everyone was tired and choas began.
PR went to clean up JBR mess and hit JBR (final assault)
then came the cover up because PR/JR thought
JBR was dying or dead or never be the same.
the truth could not come out because they would lose Burk and PR would go to jail.
As for the molestation of JBR, I have no clue. Burk was to young for that, IMO
I can't vote because I am still not convinced that Burk did anything on purpose.

BR was not too young to sexually abuse his sister. Kids even younger than him engage in sexual exploration- it is fairly common actually, especially among siblings.
But no way could he have done the whole crime scene- staging, etc. IF he was involved, he had help.

BR was not too young to sexually abuse his sister. Kids even younger than him engage in sexual exploration- it is fairly common actually, especially among siblings.
But no way could he have done the whole crime scene- staging, etc. IF he was involved, he had help.

DeeDee249,

I reckon Coroner Meyer's autopsy report and verbatim remarks regarding sexual contact suggest acute molestation took place prior to JonBenet's death.

This might be consistent with sexual exploration etc. But quite why it should lead to such a violent death is the unanswered question?

Burke as the main suspect with the parents covering up for him ticks many boxes, not least, Patsy's apparent indifference to JonBenet's molestation.

The other collusive feature is the part played by BPD, allowing Burke to slip out of the house early on, unheard of in the majority of homicide investigations, the scooping up of artifacts from the house etc.

All makes it appear like a done deal from the minute the 911 call was made?

DeeDee249,

I reckon Coroner Meyer's autopsy report and verbatim remarks regarding sexual contact suggest acute molestation took place prior to JonBenet's death.

This might be consistent with sexual exploration etc. But quite why it should lead to such a violent death is the unanswered question?

Burke as the main suspect with the parents covering up for him ticks many boxes, not least, Patsy's apparent indifference to JonBenet's molestation.

The other collusive feature is the part played by BPD, allowing Burke to slip out of the house early on, unheard of in the majority of homicide investigations, the scooping up of artifacts from the house etc.

All makes it appear like a done deal from the minute the 911 call was made?

JB's vaginal injuries were appalling, but not severe. Yes, certainly might be in keeping with sexual "exploration", but one that possibly went a bit too far, causing extreme pain, and causing JB to scream. Then, to silence her QUICKLY, she was bashed on the head with the flashlight because it was right there, being used to walk around the dark house. The moving lights from someone walking with the flashlight were reported to have been seen by a neighbor at almost the exact same time as another neighbor reported the scream. To me, the scream and head bash are connected.
At the time BR left the house, police were thinking of a kidnapping, not a murder BUT as a material witness to a crime occurring right down the hall from his room, BR should never have been allowed to leave. If he was, whatever her brought with him (I assume there was an overnight bag at least) should have been searched. Wishful thinking- the BPD didn't even search the parents when they left, despite the dead body of the "missing" child having been found IN THE HOUSE.

Honestly I voted Burke did it. Nothing planned, not jealously, just kids being kids. Maybe JBR ticked him off... and he whacked her with something. Up until now I thought PR. Then a girlfriend of mine told me how she at 10 pushed her 6yo brother out of their tree house. He ticked her off she pushed and out he went- passed out cold. She covered him with leaves and left him for
dead. When he was late to dinner her mom was MAD! HE DID show up shortly and as his mom was fixing his plate and yelling at him for not being home on time, my friend told him "if you tell on me... I will kill you next time! " He got grounded she got away with it. (she NEVER struck me as being a mean kid) she and her brother are very close now! 40 years later! and have been since High School. She had NO IDEA at 10 he could have died during the night of a closed head injury. And they NEVER told their mother not then and not up until the day she died. Her brother got her back as he got older, lying to their mom about her boyfriends he didn't like. She knew why.
So yes, Burke did it IMO and the Ramsey's covered for him so he wouldn't be labeled as a kid that kills.

MOO

I don’t think that Burke killed his sister but I do think he knew what was going on in that house and what happened Christmas night. IMO that is the main reason that he had to be taken out of the house on the 26th. I think that before the Ramsey Christmas party on the 23rd Burke overheard a conversation between Patsy and JonBenet. I think Patsy suspected JonBenet was being sexually abused and this conversation confirmed her suspicions. I think that Patsy blamed JonBenet for “letting” the abuse happen and in her anger Patsy made JonBenet feel responsible – that is why she wasn’t feeling pretty at the party – her mother had told her that what was going on was ugly, disgusting, and that she should be ashamed. Patsy called what was happening “incest”. IMO this led Burke to look up the word in the dictionary. I think this also led Burke to make the 911 hang up call later that night on the 23rd. I think originally he wanted to protect his sister but someone or something changed his mind and for some reason he too began to blame JonBenet.

I think Burke was invovled or knew something simply because of the 911 calls. I forget - how old was he at the time? The older stepbrother is one I've been suspicious of.

I think Burke was invovled or knew something simply because of the 911 calls. I forget - how old was he at the time? The older stepbrother is one I've been suspicious of.

BR was just a few weeks shy of his 10th birthday. The older half-brother JAR was college age. I am also suspicious of him. I am not sure if or how BR is involved, but he surely knows something about what happened that night. Unfortunately, he cannot be compelled to talk to police about it. And because of his age at the time, he can never be arrested, indicted, or even MENTIONED as a suspect in this crime. How different would things be if this crime had happened after he turned 10! Even if he didn't do it, he could have been issued a subpoena and been compelled to speak to LE. Of course, his lawyer would probably have prevented most pertinent questions, but if he was forced to testify IN PERSON before a Grand Jury (instead of by video like he did), he wouldn't have been able to have a lawyer with him.

JAR is told by LE to write his feelings and the who and what of JonBenet's murder. He comments on the amount of the ransom and how he could pay that amount. He notes the references to movies in the rn. He talks about Patsy being "flashy" and perhaps it was one of her friends who commited the crime. He talks about the movie Ransom and how it relates to his family. He talks about "forgiving" the killer. Steve Thomas comments on how JAR had "attitude".

If JAR is willing to forgive the killer...then it must be either his father or brother. I don't think JAR would cover for his step-mother.

Wasn't John Andrew a college student at that time, where would he get $118,000. Maybe he was trying to say I have enough money why would I ask for $118,000 as if to say couldn't be me I don't need such a paltry amount

Wasn't John Andrew a college student at that time, where would he get $118,000. Maybe he was trying to say I have enough money why would I ask for $118,000 as if to say couldn't be me I don't need such a paltry amount

JAR was the son of a wealthy man. It wouldn't be unusual for him to have access to a bank account or trust fund of his own for that amount or more. I think what he meant was exactly what he said- that the ransom amount was a pittance compared to what his father could actually afford to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa