Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to the 2 different versions of what DM said, RP objected when Smith, the paramedic said in court on the first day of the trial that DM told he he was checking on his father and hadn't seen him in a few days. According to RP this is the first time Smith has said this. So we can't count on that as evidence at this time.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay is asking the judge not to consider evidence about any conversation Smith had with Millard, as it's the first he's ever mentioned it. Pillay says the "prejudicial impact" overcomes its "probative value." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7s8 seconds ago
Pillay says he'll cross-examine Smith today, and then they'll have a legal argument about whether or not the judge should consider that specific evidence at a later time. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Pillay says Smith has a "very poor memory of the call." He agrees. #Millard

Does anyone have the tweet about him taking a cab from Oakville? I saw the tweets about him staying with MS on the Wed night and I saw tweets that said he came from the hanger in Waterloo when he found his father. I’m still a bit confused about where the cab fits into the timing. Does anyone have more info on this?

After listening to the two clips that Adam Carter has posted of the DM interview a number of times, my take on what he says at the beginning of the second clip is, "uh, what happened?" as opposed to "oh Rabbit". It's easier to pick up when you watch the longer clip posted on the CBC's site (rather than watching the two split up on Twitter) because his comment comes at a natural pause in his thoughts when he's talking about the phone conversation he was having with his mother prior to her coming to Maple Gate. But he so clearly seems to be making it up as he goes along.

There is exactly zero evidence he was high when he killed Tim Bosma.
I completely agree. I have followed along here and with MSM since the day after Tim went missing. I lived in Ancaster and it was a nightmare. I don't recall anything about him/them being high either being published or introduced into evidence.

I completely agree. I have followed along here and with MSM since the day after Tim went missing. I lived in Ancaster and it was a nightmare. I don't recall anything about him/them being high either being published or introduced into evidence.

I'm in Hamilton and do not recall that either. It was a nightmare here too. :(

It's so odd how he kept his precious "satchel" on the entire time, not to mention the jacket and toque. It was the end of November so the heat would have been on in the police station. Plus I believe MB was interviewed first. Maybe he needed a benign explanation in case he started sweating. :rolleyes:

Not when he killed Tim but when they put him in the incinerator. The reason I say that is because after the night they put Tim in the incinerator the next morning they met MM and she said they were happy and celebrating. I assumed they were high, or they are sadistic bastards to be celebrating incinerating someone.

Winter, I think the theory is that he took a cab from Oakville the night before to do the murder. Then returned the following day in his own vehicle to supposedly check on his dad OR just arrive home after any other work day.
Okay thanks I am getting really confused. That makes sense more.

In the two clips that Carter posted, the thing that stood out to me is that he seemed rehearsed, like he'd gone over and over his story a bunch of times and this was the first time he was actually sharing it out loud.

Details were added that didn't need to be (such as his mom being in the house for less than 10 but more than 5, like, who freaking cares? And getting a sweater because it was cold that day and fixing a snack and where Pedo was when he came in the side door, you know, the door that almost everyone uses to enter the house - again - no one cares, except the liar trying to sound believable).

I’ve never seen a real police interview before but that seems like a very detailed description of what went on without any prompting for more detail. Like when he said his mom went in the house for less than 10 minutes but more than 5?? Who says that? Most people would just say “she went in the house for a few minutes”. I did notice that he mentioned that a fire truck arrived first, but there was no mention of that in the court room. They made it seem like the paramedic arrived first, no mention of firefighters. If the firefighters did arrived first, which is often the case in emergencies, how come they wouldn’t have had a firefighter on the stand?

Not when he killed Tim but when they put him in the incinerator. The reason I say that is because after the night they put Tim in the incinerator the next morning they met MM and she said they were happy and celebrating. I assumed they were high, or they are sadistic bastards to be celebrating incinerating someone.

It amazes me that we're two trials in with mountains of evidence heard and there are still people who resist the idea that these guys killed for the thrill of it.

There was no evidence they were high on drugs. And there was plenty of evidence they were sadistic bastards.

For everyone who missed the texts that Goodman inexplicably did not allow in to the Bosma trial, here they are:

Now a text from Millard to Smich in July of 2012: "BBQ is the last piece of the 3500 puzzle. July mission." Smich responds: "I like bbq. And I like 3500."
Laura Babcock trial: Millard and Smich sentencing

What do the BBQ and 3500 have to do with each other if they weren't planning to kill the truck's owner all along?

Why do you think Smich was smiling in front of the incinerator the night Laura Babcock was burned? Why do you think he wrote a rap about the murder and smiled proudly as he chanted it?

How much more evidence will it take to understand that these guys killed for kicks?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried laying in the position WM was found in and experienced how difficult it would be for someone to commit suicide with a gun in their left hand, aiming it at the eye or even head? Very awkward and difficult for sure.

I would only be guessing, and have suggested days ago, that DM would have held the gun just over WM's left hand, aimed it at WM's face and pulled the trigger while WM slept. Yes that would leave GSR on WM's hand and everywhere between his outreached left hand and his face. The position WM was laying in would be a very awkward position for him to hold a gun, let alone pull the trigger on the pistol. He wouldn't have been able to hold the pistol right up to his eye, but would have done with an outstretched arm. If it was suicide, it would have made more sense for WM to hold the gun in his right hand instead of the left one which was restricted from movement by laying on it. Or if he was left handed and preferred to use it to hold the pistol, he could have turned over onto his right side to have full use/movement of his left arm. IMO it's pretty apparent and I'm not expert, WM was murdered. ALL MOO.

I posted earlier that I woke up the other night in that exact position at which point I felt it was a "sleep" position. As I laid there, I looked at my left arm and realized that if I was left handed, that would be a really difficult shot. If I was right handed it was possible. But....it makes no sense to me that someone would be lying on their side like that when committing suicide.

To me...I would assume either lying on your back with a shot to the side of the head or under the chin. Or, sitting on the side of the bed, with a shot to the side of the head or under the chin. Sorry for the descriptions.

It makes no sense to me that WM would be lying in that position and suiciding himself. If I see this as suspicious, I don't understand why first responders, coroner, LE didn't seem to see this as unusual or suspect. It boggles my mind to be honest.

MOO

It's so odd how he kept his precious "satchel" on the entire time, not to mention the jacket and toque. It was the end of November so the heat would have been on in the police station. Plus I believe MB was interviewed first. Maybe he needed a benign explanation in case he started sweating. :rolleyes:
I think we know from all the evidence, both photographic and testimonial, that DM was clearly attached to that satchel. Who knows what it represented to him...maybe nothing...maybe just a place to keep his goodies. Maybe he kept the hat and jacket on as some form of metaphorical armour to protect himself while serving up his story to police.

Last edited:
So he texted his friend and told him that something bad had happened and he asked him to come over because he didn't want to be alone. OOOKKK. But I have to ask; wouldn't you call the person who is closest to you? Why wouldn't he call CN? He wasn't alone. His mother was there. Why AM?

So he texted his friend and told him that something bad had happened and he asked him to come over because he didn't want to be alone. OOOKKK. But I have to ask; wouldn't you call the person who is closest to you? Why wouldn't he call CN? He wasn't alone. His mother was there. Why AM?

He didn't particularly care about CN. She wasn't the person closest to him. He used her because he knew she would do anything for him in a way no one else would.

After all she called him, "My sweet serial killer."

I posted earlier that I woke up the other night in that exact position at which point I felt it was a "sleep" position. As I laid there, I looked at my left arm and realized that if I was left handed, that would be a really difficult shot. If I was right handed it was possible. But....it makes no sense to me that someone would be lying on their side like that when committing suicide.

To me...I would assume either lying on your back with a shot to the side of the head or under the chin. Or, sitting on the side of the bed, with a shot to the side of the head or under the chin. Sorry for the descriptions.

It makes no sense to me that WM would be lying in that position and suiciding himself. If I see this as suspicious, I don't understand why first responders, coroner, LE didn't seem to see this as unusual or suspect. It boggles my mind to be honest.

MOO
Apart from the apparent awkwardness of the position, I can't get past the fact that the man had had an hours long conversation with a woman he loved, with whom he was hoping to move forward in life, that he had recently received the long awaited MRO certification which would green light his business venture AND had a bowl and utensil at his bedside, leaving a message that the man maybe just had something to eat (although of course it could have been there for days). Who makes something to eat just before they kill themselves?! When you take those cues coupled with everything we already know about DM and his greed and pathological need to control circumstances, along with the obvious head scratching inconsistencies of his tale.....it is just so obvious DM murdered his father. But I suppose, the bulk of us here already felt that it was likely before we even started to hear the evidence in his 3rd trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther