Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right at the beginning of the one interview video clips posted by AC you can hear him sigh and say, "Oh Rabbit." I get the impression he's putting on an act as if he he's concerned and has sympathy for his mother. He knows the camera is on him. What a total fake .

"William Smith, the paramedic who responded to a call for a cardiac arrest, testified that Wayne Millard was cold to the touch when he entered the bedroom on the night of Nov. 29. He said Dellen Millard told him that he “tried to get a hold of his father for a few days, came over to the house, found him dead in the bed and called us.

Wayne Millard had made plans to celebrate girlfriend’s birthday days before his death, trial hears | The Star

The stories change because he's a liar. It's really that simple.

Agreed. That's the story he gave the paramedic.

The having to check on his father bit isn't in the story he gave the police officers or in his video statement (as far as I can tell), so I think in his narrative there he's just arriving home as normal, gets a sweater and a snack, then happens to notice something unusual (his father still in bed). In this narrative he didn't come to the house specifically to check on his father, so getting a snack first doesn't seem weird.

But yes, obviously he has told at least two different stories about the circumstances under which he showed up at the house.

Thank you. I didn't realize that was the housekeeper. The tweet is below.

0f02d2c9-ff9d-488d-8144-ea60d1142192.jpg

The Crown is now talking about an agreed statement of fact going into the record. Evidence of a woman named Dena Colangelo. She is of ill health, and can't attend the trial. A transcript of her evidence from the preliminary inquiry is going in as evidence -- but they're not reading it in, so I'm not entirely sure what it says yet.
by Adam Carter June 1 at 10:57 AM
No problem. I’m not sure the correct spelling if the name. The original tweet had it spelt Dena but then I think it may have been corrected to Dina. Just wanted to mention that in case anyone wants to look up more details regarding her.

Right at the beginning of the one interview video clips posted by AC you can hear him sigh and say, "Oh Rabbit." I get the impression he's putting on an act as if he he's concerned and has sympathy for his mother. He knows the camera is on him. What a total fake *******.

Great catch! I had to relisten a few times to hear it. I did notice when I first watched that clip, that he seemed to be hesitant like he was stuck and thinking of what to say next. I guess he wasn't as prepared as he had liked to be for whatever was just asked or said?...

The having to check on his father bit isn't in the story he gave the police officers or in his video statement (as far as I can tell), so I think in his narrative there he's just arriving home as normal, gets a sweater and a snack, then happens to notice something unusual (his father still in bed). In this narrative he didn't come to the house specifically to check on his father, so getting a snack first doesn't seem weird.

But yes, obviously he has told at least two different stories about the circumstances under which he showed up at the house.

That paramedic couldnt remember much so I think he may have been wrong about DM not seeing his father for a few days. I agree with you that i dont think DM was concerned about his father at that point so getting a snack wouldn’t be that strange.

The one thing I do find strange is that there doesnt seem to be much referring to the fact that it was DM’s home too. I get the impression that DM was trying to distance himself from the house.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Millard told him the last time he'd seen his dad alive was on Wed, Nov. 28 at noon. There were a couple of people there for a business meeting. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Hutcheon says he called his staff sergeant, and advised him the death could have suspicious circumstances. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Hutcheon says "lots of things" made him think this death was suspicious. "The first thing the first thing Dellen Millard did when he found his dad deceased was not to call 911, but to call his mother ... and they waited until she arrived at the home to call 911," he says #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
We're now on lunch until 2:15 p.m. #Millard
The police officer thought the death was suspicious, but nothing was done about it. I guess
Wait a minute. Wasn't the whole reason DM went to house in the first place because he hadn't heard from/spoken to his dad for a few days and was "concerned"? I was sure I read that, but without the search feature working here it's impossible to find anything. But now we're hearing he last saw him just the day before.

ETA

"William Smith, the paramedic who responded to a call for a cardiac arrest, testified that Wayne Millard was cold to the touch when he entered the bedroom on the night of Nov. 29. He said Dellen Millard told him that he “tried to get a hold of his father for a few days, came over to the house, found him dead in the bed and called us.”
Wayne Millard had made plans to celebrate girlfriend’s birthday before death, trial hears
There are two conflicting statements DM made. That he had not seen father for a few days and then he saw him one day before.
Right at the beginning of the one interview video clips posted by AC you can hear him sigh and say, "Oh Rabbit." I get the impression he's putting on an act as if he he's concerned and has sympathy for his mother. He knows the camera is on him. What a total fake *******.

He comes across as despondent IMO in the video. He had already murdered Laura by now when he did this video.
I think his performance in the video is odd, and that if the police had a feeling something was not right, they were right, they were talking to a possible 2 X murderer.
What I am hearing others say is that he has lied so much so far, and changed his story already many times. He said he did not see father for few days but he saw him the day before.
I guess that is what the crown will be saying is that so many times he changed his story.

Did anyone notice where he said 'Pedo was waiting for him."

Is he saying that Pedo was in the house for a couple of days with his dead father?
I would imagine WM took care of Pedo when DM was away from home at times. But yeah, sounds like he left poor Pedo to experience another dead body. MOO.
DM said, "I came in through the side door, that's the door most everybody uses in the house. And ah, I opened up the next door which leads to the "cat area" of the house. It's the door from the kitchen to the hallway, and my dog Pedo was waiting for me there."

Last edited:

He comes across as despondent IMO in the video. He had already murdered Laura by now when he did this video.
I think his performance in the video is odd, and that if the police had a feeling something was not right, they were right, they were talking to a possible 2 X murderer.
What I am hearing others say is that he has lied so much so far, and changed his story already many times. He said he did not see father for few days but he saw him the day before.
I guess that is what the crown will be saying is that so many times he changed his story.
Why was it necessary to take a cab if he was just dropping in and he was not concerned about the father and he was having a snack? Why did he leave the house in Oakville suddenly to get to Maplegate. There are so many different stories.

Why was it necessary to take a cab if he was just dropping in and he was not concerned about the father and he was having a snack? Why did he leave the house in Oakville suddenly to get to Maplegate. There are so many different stories.
I missed the part where he took a cab... why would he take a cab from Oakville?? Odd

And saying his mother was inside for less than 10 minutes, then adds but more than 5. WTF!
He could have been high when he had the interview. He is talking very slow and it is weird , so could have been very high.
He was high on drugs when they incinerated Tim Bosma.

Last edited:

Winter, I think the theory is that he took a cab from Oakville the night before to do the murder. Then returned the following day in his own vehicle to supposedly check on his dad OR just arrive home after any other work day.

"I poked my head in, and something didn't seem right … I walked into the room and saw blood on the pillow," Millard said. "For a moment I had to leave the room, I went back to my room. Then I went back to my dad's room and called my mother … I said there's blood all over his pillow, and he's dead."

Millard tells police in the video that the last time he saw his father was on Nov. 28 around noon, for a business meeting.
Dellen Millard describes in murder trial video how he found father's body | CBC News

I just watched the 2 clips that AC posted and DM’s tone and way of speaking as he’s describing the events remind me of the way Russell Williams spoke in his interview when lying to the officer about what happened to the women. The same kind of timing/pacing of speech, IMO. I’m no expert, just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther