Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 10s11 seconds ago
Pillay is asking to conduct his cross starting tomorrow, as a number of things have arisen today that he "needs to digest." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now10 seconds ago
It appears we will deal with the Crown's final civilian witness tomorrow first, and then Pillay will cross-examine Sutherland. #Millard

**Note, Pillay is such a drama queen. LOL
I think any good attorney sort of needs to be a drama queen. ;)

Pillay is asking to conduct his cross starting tomorrow, as a number of things have arisen today that he "needs to digest." #Millard

It appears we will deal with the Crown's final civilian witness tomorrow first, and then Pillay will cross-examine Sutherland. #Millard

Lol, I’m sure Pillay needs more then Digestion help on this one! some Pepto and some Gravol maybe :D

When I followed the first trial I never imagined that DM had killed 2 other people. I even thought MS shot Tim Bosma.
I don't think that now, I believe DM shot Tim Bosma.
I guess that is the one thing that MS probably was telling the truth about.

Wouldn’t Pillay have seen all his evidence ahead of time. What does he need to digest?

I would like to see a video of what this expert said this morning. I tried to follow what he said but it did not make sense.

I think in simple terms he was trying to replicate the gsr imprint from the "photos" of the pillow (since he didn't have the actual photo) and every angle he tried didn't match. So he's dumbfounded how this occurred. I don't know if he's saying it couldn't have occurred by the deceased or if it couldn't have occurred with this gun.

Reactions: JDG
I think I need a dramatization at this point... with costumes, and music.

On a more serious note...does that mean that the gun was on the pillow and DM’s hand would have been off the pillow down closer to WM’s mouth?[/Q
There are people online that still think that DM did not murder anyone. WTF is wrong with some people. ?

This man is very good, but it is still only one person's opinion, however expert -- which might be hard to accept as proof beyond a reasonable doubt. But, put together with what I think is the most persuasive evidence so far (and it's fact) - DM, just a couple of days after the "shock" of his father's death, announced his plans to shut down Millardair and fire almost all employees. He must have had the plan to liquidate the assets in place prior to the death (in my opinion.) Would have been smarter to be seen to wait and get a thorough audit of the books and existing debts and anticipated income, before taking these steps.

Yes, his father wasn't even buried. The texts from previous trials are more revealing IMO - sounds pre-planned. Firing is a hostile word:

Dec 3 - Millard texts Smich: "Tomorrow I start firing people." Bosma Day 36: Harrison testimony

Dec 3 - Millard texts Smich: "Yea organizing a funeral and the layoff of 15 employees...

"Babcock, Millard, and Bosma Murders

Now it makes total sense as to why Pillay wanted this evidence excluded from the judge’s decision.
Sorry, I am just catching up on today's posts. I did read all of AC's liveblog posts. Just wondering how we know RP wanted this guy's testimony excluded?

Or - remember Pillay asked if the soot was tested (and the answer as I recall was no) He could try to argue the stains were something else entirely. Wouldn't be very credible, but he could try based on how carelessly the original crime scene seems to have been handled.

Wouldn’t Pillay have seen all his evidence ahead of time. What does he need to digest?
I was thinking that the defence is only given disclosure from evidence, from police, police statements, witnesses, etc.. but that they don't get to know what Crown witnesses will necessarily say on the stand... other than I know a witness cannot say something that happened without it already having been disclosed... so if the Crown calls an expert witness to give professional opinion on something, I wouldn't have thought the defence would get to know what that expert was going to say ahead of time, because it is not a disclosure, not a fact, but a professional opinion.... which the defence is also entitled to purchase for their own side... but now I'm not so sure.. DOES the Crown have to disclose what an expert witness will opine on the stand? Guess that's why it takes more than an afternoon or a week to become a lawyer.

One time I was called and selected to be a juror in a petty criminal case in Hamilton. About 2 days into it, a police officer was on the stand and while testifying, the officer said something which was not included in the disclosure... a mistrial was called immediately.

I feel like an opinion ON the disclosed evidence however, should NOT have to be disclosed.. does anyone know? jmo.

DM knows drugs. GBH - or something similar - could easily have been slipped into WM's last nightcap to make sure he was out like a light before the shooting. It wouldn't - I don't think - have been detected without the tox screen that was never done, and possibly not even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal