Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking maybe a therapy blanket like heat or massage maybe that came out of the box on the dresser.

(Who really cares? lol)

I care. LOL

You know despite his drinking and his of a son, I think WM was a really nice man.

DM killed him. That is my belief after hearing the testimony today. There is no way WM could have done it to himself holding the gun in some weird position with one other hand under his head.

I also wonder how the gun **slipped off** his hand once he died. To pull the trigger one finger would have to be in that trigger loop (or whatever it is called) and would have still been there when he was found hours later.

DM killed him. So obvious.

I care. LOL

You know despite his drinking and his of a son, I think WM was a really nice man.

DM killed him. That is my belief after hearing the testimony today. There is no way WM could have done it to himself holding the gun in some weird position with one other hand under his head.

I also wonder how the gun **slipped off** his hand once he died. To pull the trigger one finger would have to be in that trigger loop (or whatever it is called) and would have still been there when he was found hours later.

DM killed him. So obvious.

And NO GSR on the trigger hand...ya, WM did not shoot himself! I think DM got himself another 25 year stay!

JMO

Everyone was waiting for the Crown's "gotcha" moment in this trial and IMO, today had that moment.

IMO, the mic drop moment for the Crown is that WM's left hand had no GSR on it at all. The way WM was laying, he would had to have fired the gun with his left hand to shoot himself. Firing a gun leaves GSR on the hand holding the gun.

Therefore, no GSR on the only hand WM could have used to shoot himself means he did not shoot himself.

Gotcha, DM! Game over.

The expert and others mentioned that it was unusual to shoot in the eye. What is statistical of shooting yourself laying on the pillow? Sorry, I have seen only movies, where persons would always stand and shoot. For this case, I thought the WM was sitting, he was shot, and he fell in that sleeping position.
Seems, that DM simply came and shot a sleeping man.

Sorry Websleuths is acting up for me.

Not in any no media coverage trial I know of locally (in Toronto) unless it has changed recently. They seem to leave it up to the potential juror entirely. BTW, the trial I was on, they had to pick a a second jury (the one I served on was the 2nd) because earlier that day, a juror failed to mention that their child had dated the defense attorney's assistant. (They go through the potential jurors quite quickly and don't ask.) Fortunately, this fact came out early enough it didn't cause a mistrial and they just picked a new jury.

BTW, I agree with you. They should ask but I don't know if it's a time issue. Edited to correct: I checked online and I found someone describing their experiences at the same courthouse (University Ave, Toronto) who served more recently than me (1 year ago). They said after the panel went down to the courtroom, they were told the names of the plantiff and accused and realted witnesses then as a panel, they were asked several questions: if they knew any of this people in any fashion? Can you speak English? Are you a Canadian citizen? Do you have any past criminal offenses? Are you a full time student?

For picking a jury, all that happened was our panel (they were several panels, each about 60 people or so) went down to the courtroom. They pulled a name out from the drum, read it out, we stood up and came to the front, they read out our age & occupation. We were then told "juror look upon the accused, accused look upon the juror" and then the crown and then defense said "accept" or "challenge" (there were only so many challenges.) (The defense could also defer a number of potential jurors (not the correct term) but they only had to reconsider these jurors if they went through the whole panel first.) If you don't get picked, you go back to the jury panel room and wait until your panel is called to the courtroom again. Some people never get picked in the entire 2 weeks (the usual length of time here but during the summer, one of my husband's panels only had to be there for 4 days as there were fewer trials in the summer -I don't know if this is still the case). edited to add: the more recent jury panelist said they were required to be there only 1 week, I don't know if this was in the summer.

It is not easy to get an exemption from serving, we were told (and other people I know have been told), we had to have a very good reason and it had to be approved, otherwise we'd be fined if we didn't show up until we were told we were formally excused. Sometimes they will defer your summons for a jury panel (call you at a later date). This happened to my late father-in-law, every time, he was called for jury duty, he was out of the country. He never did serve.

My husband was able to not serve on his 3rd jury call because it was expected to be 9 months or more (police corruption). Jurors were asked if it would be a financial hardship (juror pay increases over time but is very low). He told them we'd be unable to pay our mortgage or buy food so he was released.

Personally, I would not serve on a case with graphic evidence, especially photos. I would come with a letter from my doctor referring to my history of diagnosed anxiety and depression stating that this type of evidence would be detrimental to me. (The case I served on although sexual assault, didn't have much graphic evidence.) If you believe you have a reason for being excused or deferred, it is best to bring physical evidence (ie doctor's note, reservations for vacation etc.)

Even when there isn't the issue of graphic evidence, it is tiring being on a jury. You are expected to sit and listen and never get the chance to say anything at all (except in the jury room, outside of the court). In the jury room, you are not supposed to talk about the evidence until it is time for deliberation so you end up making up small talk until deliberation. They bring your meals (box lunches) once you are deliberating (and you go to a hotel if you haven't reach a verdict at the end of the day. (They usually ask if you are near reaching a verdict so they know if to order meals/get the hotel ready. They ask you to bring several changes of clothes on the anticipated day the defense finishes their case.)

I was called years ago and I struck up a conversation with a police officer I knew and said to him that I had a lot of respect for you guys and if that smuck wasn't guilty you guys wouldn't have charged him. I got a ph call a few hours later and was told not to show up. Haven't been called again in 20 years.

Everyone was waiting for the Crown's "gotcha" moment in this trial and IMO, today had that moment.

IMO, the mic drop moment for the Crown is that WM's left hand had no GSR on it at all. The way WM was laying, he would had to have fired the gun with his left hand to shoot himself. Firing a gun leaves GSR on the hand holding the gun.

Therefore, no GSR on the only hand WM could have used to shoot himself means he did not shoot himself.

Gotcha, DM! Game over.

If this is the “gotcha”, the investigation into WMs death has moved from bungled into truly botched territory. The reconstuctionist wasn’t present at the murder scene back in 2012 - he was hired by the prosecution in preparation for this trial.

But way back then the Coroner, the Forensic Pathologist and anyone else involved who viewed the body just didn’t realize that lack of gun residue on the left handed man was a sure indication of murder? Wouldn’t that be one of the most basic elements of any death investigation prior to ruling it a suicide, if that’s all there is to it? Oh my gosh, if so, I don’t even want to think about how many murders have been ruled a suicide....

This sketch shows more accurately how WM was on the bed IMO re: arm half hanging off Wayne Millard 'unlikely' to have shot himself, police expert testifies - 680 NEWS
Millard-trial-forensic-officer-Marianne-Boucher.jpg

Not to make light of a horrible situation, my only excuse is it’s past my bedtime - but the thought occurs to me, according to this sketch DM had to have been sitting up on that dresser beside the bed. Yes, that’s how he managed the angle of the shot.

Gotcha, DM! Game over.
Seriously, not even the best of crime fiction writers could ever think a character like DM, so pathetically incompetent in everything except spending money that he never earned, would be a believable serial killer.

As I read AC's T feed today, my jaw fell open when the witness said there was no GSR on WM's left hand. Whaaaattt? We've got a coroner, a pathologist, Detectives and no one thought that it was just a tad bit weird that WM's left hand aka the hand not tucked under his pillow aka the only hand that could have held a gun, didn't have GSR on it? Detective S is employed by TPS but wasn't brought onto the case until August/14?

IMHO, some heads should roll at TPS over this. The committee that decided there should be no further investigation should be investigated itself. Since when does LE just write off a gun shot death as a suicide because the son and ex-wife claim that the victim was an alcoholic and depressed?

IMHO, it doesn't matter at this point that DM will be locked up for life and never see a cent of his inheritance. What does matter is that a committee determined that based on info from someone who had the most to gain from the death, no further investigation was needed and as a result of their direction, DM went on to murder TB. How stupid and naive could this group of people be? Actually, I find it disgusting and they should have their butts sued off. There should be an inquiry into this. MOO

DM s lawyer I thought would know about this witness but he was not prepared to cross-examine him
It seems he was also not sure what to do.
I don't think there is anything else that can save DM. His lawyer can call witnesses but nothing is going to save DM now.
It will be a waste of time to call a lot of witnesses.

DM s lawyer I thought would know about this witness but he was not prepared to cross-examine him
It seems he was also not sure what to do.
I don't think there is anything else that can save DM. His lawyer can call witnesses but nothing is going to save DM now.
It will be a waste of time to call a lot of witnesses.
Maybe RP wasn't prepared for such a strong testimony. Must be hard as a defence attorney to be seeing everything unfold in such detail and I'm thinking that perhaps RP missed the GSR info. Up until today, based on the pathologist report, I believed there was GSR on his trigger hand, but it was actually on his tucked in hand. Could hearing that from the witness today been a surprise to him? All RP can do now is try to discredit the witness based on the fact they didn't test or preserve the pillow case and Sutherland can only go from photo's. IMO, that may be pretty hard to do.

No he did not suddenly turn to a life of crime and murder. There was a lot of incidents not as serious as murder, but he was doing things causing mischief for a long, long time.
He was doing missions, stealing a lot of things and had his so-called friends helping him.
Buying the eliminator with money from the company and I doubt getting approval from the father was misusing money from the company and he bought the eliminator to have a way to get rid of bodies.
DM was a criminal for a long time. I don't know how he could be in a relationship with JS. I think he hid his drug use and other things from her. She has been silent. I think she called off the engagement.
She is lucky she got him out of her life.
DM was destined to end up where he is , that is my opinion..

Sorry, I don't think I was very clear. I absolutely agree with you that he did not suddenly become a murderer.
I was just wondering when CN came into his life? After a google search, I see they started dating in 2011.

This man is very good, but it is still only one person's opinion, however expert -- which might be hard to accept as proof beyond a reasonable doubt. But, put together with what I think is the most persuasive evidence so far (and it's fact) - DM, just a couple of days after the "shock" of his father's death, announced his plans to shut down Millardair and fire almost all employees. He must have had the plan to liquidate the assets in place prior to the death (in my opinion.) Would have been smarter to be seen to wait and get a thorough audit of the books and existing debts and anticipated income, before taking these steps.

Even to be so kind as to wait until after Christmas before firing everyone. DM could've started off fresh for the New Year with making decisions. I guess for DM a penny saved on the business is a penny he earns, so to speak.

I know this has been discussed before, but can anyone confirm for certain whether DM was left handed or right? I thought I read that he was left handed but I can’t find it now. I was just watching the video of the reconstructionist testing the angles and I noticed that he was using is right hand.... I know WM was left handed.
IIRC during TB's trial, reporter(s) tweeted DM was writing with his left hand, but was also using his right hand for some things, but I can't recall for what now. Perhaps he's ambidextrous. Those were the days we were curious to know what the accused, now convicted murderers looked like during court appearances and trial. Lots of discussion of DM being gaunt, thin, long stringy, greasy hair and ill appearing. Apparently he got over whatever ailed him back then. He's now adjusted well to his new digs...unfortunately. ALL MOO.

Bit of trivia - What did MS write on the sole of his shoe during the TB trial?

Last edited:
IIRC during TB's trial, reporter(s) tweeted DM was writing with his left hand, but was also using his right hand for some things, but I can't recall for what now. Perhaps he's ambidextrous. Those were the days we were curious to know what the accused, now convicted murderers looked like during court appearances and trial. Lots of discussion of DM being gaunt, thin, long stringy, greasy hair and ill appearing. Apparently he got over whatever ailed him back then. He's now adjusted well to his new digs...unfortunately. ALL MOO.

Bit of trivia - What did MS write on the sole of his shoe during the TB trial?
I forget , I did read about it but cannot remember.

DM knows drugs. GBH - or something similar - could easily have been slipped into WM's last nightcap to make sure he was out like a light before the shooting. It wouldn't - I don't think - have been detected without the tox screen that was never done, and possibly not even then.
Sorry - senior moment - that should have been GHB !

Adam Carter states on a pinned post at the top of his Twitter page that Wayne was left handed. (Apparently he pinned it because he's asked that question multiple times a day.)

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member