We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

Who's got shoes? And a garage floor. And water.

I am laid up or I'd do it! I think it would be helpful to compare some wet footprints -- slides, boots, skaters, sneakers, just for comparison sake.

I haven't found a single quicksilver shoe WITHOUT quicksilver stamped all over. What is most compelling in the print we're studying IMO is the straight lines, extending completely to the edge. Very flat outsole. Not designed IMO for comfort or performance.

Perplexing for sure.

JMO

EBM to correct 'with' to 'without'.

Last edited:

I am laid up or I'd do it! I think it would be helpful to compare some wet footprints -- slides, boots, skaters, sneakers, just for comparison sake.

I haven't found a single quicksilver shoe with quicksilver stamped all over. What is most compelling in the print we're studying IMO is the straight lines, extending completely to the edge. Very flat outsole. Not designed IMO for comfort or performance.

Perplexing for sure.

JMO
"I haven't found a single quicksilver shoe with quicksilver stamped all over."

check the current men's flip flops on Amazon- they have the all over print with the words but it does not look like the "sample"

"I haven't found a single quicksilver shoe with quicksilver stamped all over."

check the current men's flip flops on Amazon- they have the all over print with the words but it does not look like the "sample"
I think @Megnut meant to say she hasn't found one without it stamped all over. Quiksilver seems to put their name and logo all over every outsole I've seen.

ETA Roxy, Quiksilver's women's line, has more variety in tread designs, but nothing that I've seen that comes close to what we are looking for.

Last edited:
I didn’t have time to go through the previous pages, but does anyone know if the print is from an older shoe model (60s, 80s, etc) or a more modern shoe model (past 10 years)?

Easy Street slip on sneakers, while not a match, show the line pattern extending across the whole tread. Visible from a side view even.

The contour is very similar.

Maybe a lock on style of shoe but not the manufacturer?

jmo

I haven't found a single quicksilver shoe WITHOUT quicksilver stamped all over. What is most compelling in the print we're studying IMO is the straight lines, extending completely to the edge. Very flat outsole. Not designed IMO for comfort or performance.

Perplexing for sure.

JMO
That's what I was going to say. Somebody with Quicksilver shoes go walk around in them.

Can someone help me make this work? What if the letters we are seeing aren't letters but voids? I swear I looked at the picture and it looked like believe or something similarly weird. Does that make sense?

I have lots of thoughts on these shoes....

1. If FBI doesn't have them in the database possibly they are newer and/or off brand shoes. Lots of people order shoes online (i.e. Shein).
2. Someone mentioned this shoe not looking like it was made for comfort. I can't shake the feeling that this might be a skate shoe. They are often made wide and flat.The design looks like it could be a skate ramp with a trefoil in the center (inverted on the opposite side).
3. The arrow looking design would fit the skate shoe theory. The way the arrow/arm looking design moves up around the possible ramp with trefoil makes me think of riding a wave (consistent with the CA...possible California shoe) or riding up the ramp, in which case maybe it's like a strong arm around the ramp, indicating dominance of the ramp?
4. The top shoe tread is very tightly spaced compared to the tread throughout the design. This again makes me think skate shoe, as you might need good traction on your toes for flips and tricks..

I'll keep looking :) Just wanted to share some thoughts.

I didn’t have time to go through the previous pages, but does anyone know if the print is from an older shoe model (60s, 80s, etc) or a more modern shoe model (past 10 years)?
"Several months ago" which means... maybe within the past year or two - ?
It looks like the line pattern extends down well below the letters. This pattern reminds me of something Egyptian...
This was discussed upthread. The picture part repeats on the bottom half of the print.

IMG_20221126_234512.png
IMG_20221126_233809.png

Int
Can someone help me make this work? What if the letters we are seeing aren't letters but voids? I swear I looked at the picture and it looked like believe or something similarly weird. Does that make sense?
Interesting idea! I played around with the area with the letters, trying to emphasize the negative space around them. I had to blur what we've been looking at, and all in all it's kind of a mess, lol. But focusing on the dark areas, I can see what looked like a B to you. The rest seems like it could be something, but how likely is it that what looks clearly like letters isn't? I couldn't do anything with the second half, so this is just the CA part.IMG_20221127_000711.png

4. The top shoe tread is very tightly spaced compared to the tread throughout the design. This again makes me think skate shoe, as you might need good traction on your toes for flips and tricks..

That's what I first thought, too, but now I'm not sure, given the horizontal lines seem to continue in the image beyond the footprint. I also found in my search that lots of types of shoes have the tight horizontal line on both the toe and heel (e.g. photo below), but I'm unsure now whether that's actually what's happening here.

Screenshot_20221125-184521_Chrome.jpg

That's what I first thought, too, but now I'm not sure, given the horizontal lines seem to continue in the image beyond the footprint. I also found in my search that lots of types of shoes have the tight horizontal line on both the toe and heel (e.g. photo below), but I'm unsure now whether that's actually what's happening here.

View attachment 382927
Good point! Thank you for sharing :)

I have lots of thoughts on these shoes....

1. If FBI doesn't have them in the database possibly they are newer and/or off brand shoes. Lots of people order shoes online (i.e. Shein).
2. Someone mentioned this shoe not looking like it was made for comfort. I can't shake the feeling that this might be a skate shoe. They are often made wide and flat.The design looks like it could be a skate ramp with a trefoil in the center (inverted on the opposite side).
3. The arrow looking design would fit the skate shoe theory. The way the arrow/arm looking design moves up around the possible ramp with trefoil makes me think of riding a wave (consistent with the CA...possible California shoe) or riding up the ramp, in which case maybe it's like a strong arm around the ramp, indicating dominance of the ramp?

I'll keep looking :) Just wanted to share some thoughts.
Maybe it's a vintage shoe? CA(California) LA(Los Angeles) CG (Code G) Maybe it's a C and not a O? I've searched every which way for something more than this vintage hoodie...but the brand could match up.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 12.25.35 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 12.25.35 AM.png
    357.9 KB · Views: 17
I think @Megnut meant to say she hasn't found one without it stamped all over. Quiksilver seems to put their name and logo all over every outsole I've seen.

ETA Roxy, Quiksilver's women's line, has more variety in tread designs, but nothing that I've seen that comes close to what we are looking for.
After searching the quicksilver soles a LOT i came to the conclusion they eather have their name & logo all over the sole OR lines and one tiny logo. But did not find a mix of both like what we’re looking for.

Int

Interesting idea! I played around with the area with the letters, trying to emphasize the negative space around them. I had to blur what we've been looking at, and all in all it's kind of a mess, lol. But focusing on the dark areas, I can see what looked like a B to you. The rest seems like it could be something, but how likely is it that what looks clearly like letters isn't? I couldn't do anything with the second half, so this is just the CA part.View attachment 382925
I'm glad you could see it. Lol

This seems ridiculously hard. I know they say juvenile/young person but like many of you have pointed out it could be an adult with small feet. The brand could be knock off. The shoes could be years old. So many dang variables and I feel like I’ve gone mad trying to find this print. It looks so familiar to me but I can’t seem to remember where I’ve seen it. I really wish I could get straight answers and that all my questions would be answered. I understand they are busy but they asked the public for help. We are desperately trying to help but can’t get any help when needing clarification. MOO and frustrated to boot.

This seems ridiculously hard. I know they say juvenile/young person but like many of you have pointed out it could be an adult with small feet. The brand could be knock off. The shoes could be years old. So many dang variables and I feel like I’ve gone mad trying to find this print. It looks so familiar to me but I can’t seem to remember where I’ve seen it. I really wish I could get straight answers and that all my questions would be answered. I understand they are busy but they asked the public for help. We are desperately trying to help but can’t get any help when needing clarification. MOO and frustrated to boot.
Totally there with you.

I think this may not be something we are going to find online. Maybe the best we can do is get the print *out there*, with what we do know and hope that the more people that see it the more likely someone will know or recognize it.

We could contact shoe companies and stores and ask those places too, but have they already done that? And where would we start? It would be nice to have a time period and general location. :Sigh:

When I lived in San Diego, my friend and I would go to swap meets on the weekend. Lots of knock offs being sold there. The shoes could have been passed down from an older sibling that outgrew them. If someone else wants to give talking to CCIRI a whirl then please do. Hopefully you can get something from them bc I’ve struggled. I reached out through FB messenger and that’s how I was getting what little answers I was able. Something that we know with absolute certainty would be really helpful.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back