WebSleuth Members Assisting TES "Journal" and Support Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Thanks to all who are going to help with the search, you guys are amazing and God will surely Bless your efforts.~ :blowkiss::clap::angel::praying::cloud9::rose:

kcsmom, I second everything you have stated!

Lots of prayers from Louisiana to Florida!

Is there a way that we could help as a group from afar? What does everyone think about picking a day, and joining together to provide food for the searchers? We could choose a restaurant that is close by, and each phone in orders and pay for them, then have someone from the command center go pick them up. Or, we could use an online ordering system, delivery system like http://www.doorstepdelivery.net/corporate.html

Anyone interested? I would certainly be willing to donate to the cause, and it would be a way for those of us that can't be "boots on the ground" to support those that are searching.

i would be honored to donate to the cause. just let me know what i need to do.

to those of you searching, i cannot express my heartfelt gratitude that someone is finally looking for caylee. i so wish i could help and am so proud of those of you that are. bring her home!

I'd love to be part of the food fund! I cannot organize much from across the country, but I'm ready to contribute toward the cost. This is a great time for lurkers to step up - challenge?

I also wanted to say a big THANK YOU to those who are able and willing to volunteer, that includes the people who are physically searching, as well as those who are making calls on behalf of TES to the media, etc. I live in NC and am not in a position financially to come down and assist. I could give to the food fund, but it wouldn't be much - but I know every little bit helps so I'll keep an eye out for more information about that. God Bless all of you for your efforts, I will continue to keep you in my prayers that Caylee is able to come home and receive the burial that she deserves.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of those who are searching! Please know that if I lived anywhere near Florida, I'd be right there with you! You have my respect and admiration for your selflessness and I am sending lots of prayers your way! God bless y'all....Bring Caylee Home!!! :)

Thank you to all of you who are searching. If I was in the area, I would definitely help out in the search. Huge thanks!

Another hint on helping keep the bugs away. There is a product called Cutter and they have wipes. Wipe yourself down with the wipes and they will keep the bugs away. I wonder if I could send a few packages of these down there for the searchers?

Thank you to all of you who are searching. If I was in the area, I would definitely help out in the search. Huge thanks!

Another hint on helping keep the bugs away. There is a product called Cutter and they have wipes. Wipe yourself down with the wipes and they will keep the bugs away. I wonder if I could send a few packages of these down there for the searchers?

Great Idea - I'll look for some of those myself. Sending care packages is always a great idea - I like the way our WSer's think !!

God speed and safety to all who join in the search! Please bring Caylee and all those in the search parties home.

There may be some locals who want to help and are unable to for some reason (health, work, kids). There are still ways you can help. Make a list of the restaurants, diners and fast food places in the area near the searchers and submit it here. If you know someone who operates a restaurant, see if they would be willing to make a deal.

You might be able to post flyers at area stores or restaurants after work hours. Let friends and relatives know how badly searchers are needed. If you have a church, see if they can help with the search either by volunteering or by preparing a meal.

Cookies and other snacks are always appreciated when you have people who are going to be very active. So are cold drinks and bottled water.

Is there a bottling company in the area? I know in some of the emergencies in my area sometimes a local beer bottling company will agree to bottle up some water for the duration of the emergency.

Im a self-proclaimed 'great organizer'. I would love to help in any way. I tried to buy bottles water on target or walmart so that TES can pick it up, but walmart doesn't have it listed on their website.

The only problem i see with organizing a care package is that they need stuff NOW. Sending $$ might very well be the best thing you can do at this point so that they can buy water and food TODAY.

I put together a lot of fundraisers for LLL, soccer, ICAN and church ministries. I am going to look up restaurants in that area and ask around tomorrow.
Im also going to call walmart and see if they will donate water bottle packs.

Is the number of people the same as before - about 200 as of now?

Okay, I have a call scheduled with Tim Miller in the morning. I will ask him who on his end we should coordinate this with. we'll then decide on a date, and we'll go from there for lunch, how does that sound with everyone?

This is wonderful! I would love to contribute!!

Thank you for this,
K

Oh wow, what a dream come true you are for this effort !! I sent Tim an e-mail last night, asking about ice and water. I'll let you know when I hear back from him.

I looked up WalMart locations earlier, and there is a Super WalMart not too far from the hotel. For those that want to send to our WS searchers, a WalMart gift card could be a great idea too. Especially if they have a gas station at that location.

PG - I'll pm you tomorrow, and maybe we can organize and divvy up some tasks here and get things going?

Im a self-proclaimed 'great organizer'. I would love to help in any way. I tried to buy bottles water on target or walmart so that TES can pick it up, but walmart doesn't have it listed on their website.

The only problem i see with organizing a care package is that they need stuff NOW. Sending $$ might very well be the best thing you can do at this point so that they can buy water and food TODAY.

I put together a lot of fundraisers for LLL, soccer, ICAN and church ministries. I am going to look up restaurants in that area and ask around tomorrow.
Im also going to call walmart and see if they will donate water bottle packs.

I'd love to be part of the food fund! I cannot organize much from across the country, but I'm ready to contribute toward the cost. This is a great time for lurkers to step up - challenge?

SkiMt - you tickled me with your challenge - thanks, I needed that !! I'll be meeting your challenge !! Thanks again !! :clap::clap: and :blowkiss:

Good Morning, Everyone...

Aren't WebSleuthers the Greatest!?!?

Reading this thread brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart immensely!
My heart goes out to each and everyone of you who will be volunteering your time and energy today!

You are all so awesome!

God Bless all of you.... the WSers, the TES people.... and everyone else....
who will be traveling near and far in order to help in the search for Caylee.
And to all of you offering to help in any other way that you can.

I truly wish I were close enough to be there searching with you.
But please know that you all will be in my thoughts and prayers all day today.....
and for as long it takes to find Caylee!

Since I can't be there in person, I too would like to donate gas cards, food, Cutter Wipes, bug spray,
bottles of water, restaurant gift cards, cash, and/or anything else that is needed or helpful for the searchers.

Please let us know ASAP, if there is one particular PayPal Account
or somewhere else to which we can donate.

Hopefully, an account or some other place will be set up for our
"fellow/sister" WebSleuth Members (AKA: Angels in Disguise),
who will be helping TES in the search for our Sweet Baby Caylee.

I will be at work 8a - 4p today, but will be checking back here often,
including my private messages and my email...
hoping that a place to donate will have been set up.
(unfortunately, nurses don't get every holiday / week-end off)

Again, God Bless each and every one of you.

And thank you, Christine, for this thread
and for any suggestions you may have.

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

GardenGrocer.com

They will deliver groceries in Cental Florida.

I would love to donate as well, especially if there is a paypal link? (heard someone mention it)

I think the best way to get stuff to them TODAY is find a searcher or a errand runner in Orlando and send them funds via paypal by a certain time and then they can go to the grocery store/Walmart and pick stuff up and drop it off at the command center.

Staples has most of that stuff on the list below and will deliver free on orders over 50 dollars, but it will take a day or two to get there.

http://gardengrocer.com/order.php
zip code 32822

You can place an order this morning and they will deliver it tomorrow morning. The prices are pretty reasonable. They have wholesale (giant packs) snacks, water, soda, baby wipes, paper plates, etc...they also sell ice coolers that you toss for six bucks. It's 40 bucks min. and 12 bucks for delivery though.

HAND SANITIZER
BABY WIPES
BUG SPRAY

PLAIN WHITE PAPER FOR THEIR COPY MACHINE (1 OR 2 PACKAGES)
PAPER TOWELS
PAPER PLATES
NAPKINS
UTENSILS
SNACKS
FOOD
GARBAGE BAGS
THE COOLERS (5)
COKE / PEPSI ETC.

are some of the things they need according to a contact at SM.

They also need people to help in the command center and run errands. So if you are in the area and can't search for whatever reason but still want to help go on down!

I think the best way to get stuff to them TODAY is find a searcher or a errand runner in Orlando and send them funds via paypal by a certain time and then they can go to the grocery store/Walmart and pick stuff up and drop it off at the command center.

Staples has most of that stuff on the list below and will deliver free on orders over 50 dollars, but it will take a day or two to get there.

http://gardengrocer.com/order.php
zip code 32822

You can place an order this morning and they will deliver it tomorrow morning. The prices are pretty reasonable. They have wholesale (giant packs) snacks, water, soda, baby wipes, paper plates, etc...they also sell ice coolers that you toss for six bucks. It's 40 bucks min. and 12 bucks for delivery though.

HAND SANITIZER
BABY WIPES
BUG SPRAY

PLAIN WHITE PAPER FOR THEIR COPY MACHINE (1 OR 2 PACKAGES)
PAPER TOWELS
PAPER PLATES
NAPKINS
UTENSILS
SNACKS
FOOD
GARBAGE BAGS
THE COOLERS (5)
COKE / PEPSI ETC.

are some of the things they need according to a contact at SM.

They also need people to help in the command center and run errands. So if you are in the area and can't search for whatever reason but still want to help go on down!

Hello everyone,
I thought I only got a few bug bites (and scratches) but I guess I got gnawed on because I scratched all night in my sleep! I was drenched in OFF but those buggers are determined. I decided to spend time with the family today. Maybe taking food over at lunchtime would be a good idea.

There is a HOOTERS restaurant right next to the Command Center. If you get Hooters then plates and napkins are a necessity. We also had McDonald's donated yesterday (which is easier to eat). Of course, everyone likes pizza, but I don't know if anyone will take that the wrong way (especially in light of the pizza joke).

Like you mentioned, handiwipes, bugspray, maybe rain ponchos (little compact ones if it starts downpouring), paper towels, paper plates, I'm sure these all would be appreciated.

Take good care,
T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members