Websleuths Radio Sun. 3-4-12 *Long Island Serial Killer*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, well that was very informative. I agree that GB4 is not the same as Manorville but not that the killer/killers in either is Black. A duck hunter could work but so could anyone who has reason to go unnoticed stopping along the OP. (Road crews, animal management, Wildlife & Fisheries, official vehicles of any kind, etc.)

GB4, has all the makings of someone who stalked, groomed and gained the confidence of his victims. We know that mostly because of first hand comments from the Bfs/drivers/roommates of three of the four victims. But, to go as far as to say he hacked into their accounts, it seems that that is not the case. Re: the killer being a stalker, one can stalk someone psychologically, physically or technologically. Either way it is still a stalker.

I do believe there is a woman who has suspicions about a close relative but can not bring herself to believe that someone she thought she knew could be capable of such horror....even so far as to try every possible logical theory to erase her doubts about the man she is involved with.

The profile of the Predator Stalker is the same for both a cyberstalker and physical stalker:

CYBERSTALKING
Because It Could Happen To YOU...
IST 432 Group 2: Pedro Arocho, David Bittle, Ian Bucher, Robert Nelson, Mathew Robuck
http://faculty.ist.psu.edu/bagby/432.../T2/index.html

THE PREDATOR STALKER

“This type of stalker is stalking purely for the sexual assault. The initial motivation is to gather information about the potential victim and gain access to their life. The stalking is often extended far beyond the acquisition of information, and takes pleasure derived from the voyeuristic elements, from fantasies of the planned attack and from the sense of power over the victim. This is to most dangerous type of stalker."

"This type of stalker is clearly out for physical harm however they usually do not harass or try to contact their victim while they are collecting information. They are unlikely to provide any kind of warning for the attack. Predator stalkers engage in behaviors such as: Surveillance of the victim, obscene phone calls, Exhibitionism, Fetishism, Voyeurism (Peeping Tom), Paedophilia/hebephilia, Sexual masochism and sadism, Paraphilic asphyxia. Also, these stalkers may stalk for a shorter period of time than the other categories. This stalker is more likely to have prior criminal convictions, most often sexual, than other types of stalkers. (Texas, 2006)"

"These stalker categories blanket both stalkers and cyberstalkers.

No, I'm saying he didn't need to be a hacker to get the info that he got on the victims. Believe me I know what hackers are capable of and I understand a lot of the technology but I feel this killer could get what he got without needing techno knowledge.

So, you are assuming that the perp posses the social skills necessary to obtain the information he wants?

But we don´t know what kind of info he had on the victims AND their relatives right? we only know what has been released to the media.
One thing which is a big mystery is HOW did he get his victims to meet him on outcall, alone without their phones?
Did he fex. know somthing about them, some weeknesses, soft spots etc, that he could use psychologicaly in persuade them to brake some of their most basic and important security ruels? I think he did and I think he got them through his tech skills.

In GB4, many people believe that he was a regular client who groomed them over a few or several dates and that he may have had some physical characteristic that made the girls feel less threatened. People believe that the girls came to trust this person and that he offered them something that they felt might be beneficial to them in the long run...like extra money, movies, jobs, rehab, drugs...whatever it was that he figured they most wanted and he used that to lure them away without their phones and to "out calls."

I know. And, the accents can change from county to county or even within a county or hamlet depending on where a person was originally raised. Generally, people will more readily notice an accent in someone who's accent is markedly different from their own. And, some may not notice if a person has an accent if that person speaks with a similar accent.

I live near Manorville, in fact I looked at places to buy there a couple years ago. Instead, I chose to live just a few miles away.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Thanks! I have been reading for a while; but once you get involved in the conversation and are not just sitting on the sideline.....its a whole new animal.

Just want to thank all the 4 WB's who was on the show, AND the hosts, you did great?
Love Dwntwnslim's tech insight, and the inspectors voice and calmness, could listen to that voice for ever:)
A man with a voice like that could look like a frog and still choose between all the girls;)

Everyone was using go phones, maybe?

Also the cyber-stalker aspect fails in that at least three of the four GB4 used their bf/pimp/drivers phones or in some cases the dates were even set up through the driver/pimp/bf.

If I was attempting to cyber stalk someone, and they had used their driver, pimps, or boyfriends phone to set up a "date", that would be a bonus, rather than an obstacle.

If I get access to a phone, I get access to all the contact info stored on it, call history, text messages, pictures, email accounts, chat accounts, you name it, the sky's the limit.

So, in my humble opinion, no fail.

In GB4, many people believe that he was a regular client who groomed them over a few or several dates and that he may have had some physical characteristic that made the girls feel less threatened. People believe that the girls came to trust this person and that he offered them something that they felt might be beneficial to them in the long run...like extra money, movies, jobs, rehab, drugs...whatever it was that he figured they most wanted and he used that to lure them away without their phones and to "out calls."

When Amber Costello got picked up...did her roomate say if she was planning on returning that night or was she going to spend the night out? If she planned on staying the night at a johns house; she must have had some confidence or trust in him?

Just want to thank all the 4 WB's who was on the show, AND the hosts, you did great?
Love Dwntwnslim's tech insight, and the inspectors voice and calmness, could listen to that voice for ever:)
A man with a voice like that could look like a frog and still choose between all the girls;)

Thank you so much for your very kind compliment!

inspctrgadget does have a very nice voice!

Also, I wanted to say, as a tech geek, I really appreciated dwntwnslim's theory.

What you said really resonated, you made a lot more sense than a lot of people I've worked with in i.t.

If I was attempting to cyber stalk someone, and they had used their driver, pimps, or boyfriends phone to set up a "date", that would be a bonus, rather than an obstacle.

If I get access to a phone, I get access to all the contact info stored on it, call history, text messages, pictures, email accounts, chat accounts, you name it, the sky's the limit.

So, in my humble opinion, no fail.
I am saying that he didn't need to cyber stalk them. And, in the cases where he actually got their phones it was after he took them captive. Most likely, he used his skills as a con artist and not a cyber-stalker.

True, but that does not exclude him beeing a cyber/ hacking stalker as well.
The FACT that he made so many calls (to at least 3 maybe 4 relatives or more?), sent texmessages, used his victims phones, accessed some of the victims voicemails after they disappeared, used untraceble phones, only made 3 minute calls, did them in very crowded public places, made some of the victims leave their phones behind, IMO strongly point to that he indeed have some significant interest and skills in tech.
Not to mention that he did all this phone call stuf in a way so that he so far has not been cought!!!

Add to that, that Melissa Barthelemy's mothers atty specifically said that the killer had very well developed tech skills, and that atty, no doubt, knows everything concerning how and what the killer did and said in those phonecalls.

I am saying that he didn't need to cyber stalk them. And, in the cases where he actually got their phones it was after he took them captive. Most likely, he used his skills as a con artist and not a cyber-stalker.

Just K I agree that he didnt have to cyber stalk them, but IMO he wanted to cyber stalk them.
Just like he "cyber stalked" his victims relatives after he killed his victims, I belive he cyber stalked his victims before he killed them
I think the cyber stalking is part of his signature.
I think it turns him on BIG TIME.

It's possible that he has hustling skills.

IMO, he does not posses the social or hustling skills necessary to obtain the information he wants or to groom potential victims. That's why he uses craiglist/backpage and the like. He is not as socially and hustling adept as he thinks he is.

Just K I agree that he didnt have to cyber stalk them, but IMO he wanted to cyber stalk them.
Just like he "cyber stalked" his victims relatives after he killed his victims, I belive he cyber stalked his victims before he killed them
I think the cyber stalking is part of his signature.
I think it turns him on BIG TIME.

I agree as it pertains to phones, the phone calls and taking the phones, etc.

But it is the "Cyber" part that I am talking about. When I say "cyber" I am referring to computer hacking and breaking into their OL accounts. I don't think he needed to do that to get to his final act. He may have enjoyed doing it if he could. He may have done it all, IDK, but I am saying he didn't need to crack/hack computers and accounts to get them to leave with him and without their phones.

However, now that I recall, when the first GB4 bodies were discovered, someone started making FB pages for all of the AC victims and the GB4. So, anything is possible.

Folks,

I have no experience in crime solving or profiling. I recognize that I could be completely wrong in my theory.

I think what will most likely happen when this perp gets caught, is that we will find bits and pieces from each theory offered in this forum will be correct.

slim

I want to personally thank my guests tonight on Websleuths Radio.

Inspctrgadget
Peter Brendt
Dwntwnslim
Truth Spider

Wasn't this group absolutely incredible?

THANK YOU ALL.

Tricia

Peter Brendt, inspctrgadget & truthspider,

You guys did an awesome job on the radio show! Thanks for making it an experience I will never forget!

slim

Heck, even the profilers get it wrong a good percentage of the time. It is doubtful that we will ever be privy to all the details and that is a shame. If we could truly understand the characteristics of these criminals then perhaps they could get away less often.

Good show. Cool getting to hear all of your voices. As best I can tell all of your theories seem totally plausible. Peter's free beer idea is a good one. Whoever predicts who the killer is most closely definitely deserves major props.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member