weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of, I sure would love to see an expert wit concerning that supposed broken finger.

I always wondered about this too. Surely if the story was true, the defense could have had someone testify that x-rays show where a broken bone had healed, unless the bones in the fingers are just too small to be able to do that. So did the defense check it out and then discard results because they didn't back up her story?

Can the prosecution compel her to have x-rays? I doubt it. But what JM certainly can do in closing is to plant a seed of doubt in the jurors' mind by stating that, as with so many other things, the only "proof" is in JA's words.

I suspect he'll do the same with Matt M. That guy's too unpredictable to call, but he can still use him against her in closing by saying that she said she had a witness to neck bruises, but if that were true then why didn't we hear him say it on the stand?

Oh my god, hilarious! I must go to my doctor about my urinary incontinence! I was laughing so hard .. tears went down my legs! ;)

I used to be in love with steely Dan. do not tell him, but I am giving his ID bracelet back ( that is what we did in 5th grade when I was growing up) and giving it back to him.

I am now in love with Mikee ( actually, I have been for weeks since the first time I saw him! When I thought it was Steely !) for this case!

he is funny as chit, and knows this case inside out and its very very very smart! And QT also .

I have never gone and logged in to thank a video, so if you ever thank him give him two ....one will be for me! He is just so fabulous and I wish I knew who he was.

He is so wonderful he must be a member here!? ;)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

!!!!! Tears ran down your legs!!!!!! Too fabulous!!!!!!

Way OT:::::
My son had issues in his early teens with the growth space in his knees. They actually put him in full leg casts (one at a time) to reduce his pain and swelling due to rapid huge growth. At that point the growth would cause his knees to swell a huge amount and they needed him to not use them to allow the tissue and cartiledge and stuff to catch up. He went from 5'5 to 6'4 in less than 2 years.

I had Osgood-Schlatter (sp?) as well around 8th grade. I don't know what's "normal", but it my case it was soft and tender for a good while. On one knee you can't see anything now while on the other knee there is a noticeable lump just below my kneecap. But once that hardened it was no longer an issue.

If that's a typical sort of experience, then it wouldn't explain Nurmi's behavior decades later. He does appear to be quite slumped over however, so maybe there is some spinal-related excuse like scoliosis or whatever.

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 14h
4 the rcrd we were close friends w/ TA til the day he was murdered. We kicked #JodiArias out of our house 4 good n 2007. JA was the abuser.:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Thank you Chris!!!

Can anyone tell me, was there court today? MOO JA is going to death row. :woohoo: And much thanks to JM and this last psychologist witness for the State. She was awesome in making JW look like...well not prepared. Gawd I'm so sick of her (JW) nasally, whiny voice, like fingers on a blackboard but worse. Noticed how whenever they approach, Nurmi always walks up to the judge with shoulders stoop and head down. Not very confident looking at all. He looks like he doesn't want to be there at all or has nothing to offer. I'm sure the jurors aren't impressed with his nonprofessional demeanor. I wish he would do the button up on his jacket. :floorlaugh: All JMHO.

I've never seen a case like this were they cannot tell time. It's pathetic how they never start on time in the morning and after breaks. Just ridiculous. I think also there should be a cap on how much a witness such as ALV and whatshisface make. It pretty apparent they were doing it for the money, especially ALV with her comments and delaying answering questions or wanting to expand and also giving JM a hard time. They should not be allowed to make anymore that the prosecution's last witness. She was so much more informative, professional, honest and neutral in a lot less time. Enjoy the weekend folks, back at it on Tuesday. Go Juan!!

4/19/2013 10:00 Status Conference
4/23/2013 9:30 Trial
4/24/2013 9:30 Trial
4/25/2013 9:30 Trial

from this link: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...=CR2008-031021

all the way down to the bottom part of the page

:seeya:

On this note, I have boys. They were systematically ruining everything I had several years ago so I went to Radio Shack and bought an 'Indestructible Keyboard'.

The label said that you could do nearly anything to this keyboard and it would survive.

These researchers should have come to my house and set up a lab. We had that 'indestructible keyboard' exactly 3 days. Then one of my boys decided to TEST it and used SCISSORS to cut all the keys off. Apparently Radio Shack hadn't thought of that tactic.

My POINT here is that she easily could have separated the memory card from the camera and smashed the card with a hammer. Done deal. Toss it out in the desert no one would be the wiser.

Throw it in the garbage at a Walmart. Done deal.

Not Einstein.

Agreed. Knowing Jodi, she would have taken the SD out, thrown it away at Walmart, then immediately bought another one at same Walmart, WITH her credit card.

4 the rcrd we were close friends w/ TA til the day he was murdered. We kicked #JodiArias out of our house 4 good n 2007. JA was the abuser.:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Thank you Chris!!!

They hearts must just ache:( As I understand JM is not recalling either of them to refute the email that came up with ALV. I don't get why JM didn't head this off during his case when he had them on the stand.

I wasn't completely 'glued' yet so I don't have all the details. Anyone??

And since JM has requested no contributions about the case to his office, I emailed HLN that information as well. I'm tellin' ya, she didn't want to destroy the camera. She wanted to destroy her bloody finger DNA and fingerprints off of the camera after she handled it so extensively with a bloody finger.

Jodi said she was baking cookies (and then went to this story about a restaurant cookie recipe that was to big) while she was house sitting when Travis was out of town, and Deanna came in saw her and ran up to Travis's bedroom then came back down went into Travis's office and locked the door.

I think Jodi knew he was going out of town and made herself at home. Jodi said one room mate was outside on the phone and I think Deanna called Travis and let him know what was going on. I think Deanna was the one who was to house sit for Travis. Just something strange about the story and that make the most sense to me.

Has Deanna testified or will she? For some reason I don't remember seeing or hearing that she would be?

Thanks,
K

I just finished watching the M.E.'s testimony. How can there be ANY doubt that the gun shot was last? There is no doubt in my mind at all about this. She stabbed him first. The defensive wounds came before the gun shot and the throat injury.

I agree and also think JM the exact Personality Disorder isn't a huge point because they are all Axis II, meaning according to the DSM they are not considered treatable. That of course is changing.

More importantly none of them stop someone from knowing the difference between RIGHT and WRONG. Jodi knew killing TA was wrong or she wouldn't have tried to clean up the crime scene. Jodi is not pleading Insanity and I think JM just wanted to negate the Battered Women's Syndrome and the abuse claims.

Maybe BPD is simpler to explain and give specific examples of than other diagnosis. That's important for the jury to be able to accept. Jodi has symptoms of MULTIPLE disorders...imo.

I agree. There are so many things that could have been entered or testified too but I got the impression that JM only wanted to negate the tests/evaluations for PTSD and BWS. That all he was hoping to do was prove that nothing started on June 4, she has had problems throughout her life. Other than BPD, I am sure we could, if it was admissible in the first place, be watching Dr. DeMarte on the stand for days trying to explain it all.

I also wondered a bit, if it would fall under HIPPA for her to reveal tooo much but I don't know how that works in a court of law.

K

I agree. There are so many things that could have been entered or testified too but I got the impression that JM only wanted to negate the tests/evaluations for PTSD and BWS. That all he was hoping to do was prove that nothing started on June 4, she has had problems throughout her life. Other than BPD, I am sure we could, if it was admissible in the first place, be watching Dr. DeMarte on the stand for days trying to explain it all.

I also wondered a bit, if it would fall under HIPPA for her to reveal tooo much but I don't know how that works in a court of law.

K

No it wouldn't be under HIPPA because it was court-ordered by the prosecutor. When that type evaluation, the defendant is informed that there is no confidentiality.

What if........what if all it was, was TA saying JA was going to be exactly like her mother?...or she was just like her mother...don't know where the text is....

That is REAL. She had absolutely no respect for her mother, physically abused her, kept her out of her life, basically refused to acknowledge her because there was something she hated about her, but her mother was a REAL ENTITY.

TA berating her, calling her names, threatening her, a sociopath turns that around on a person so fast it'll make your head spin. She had enough to keep him quiet if it even bothered her but it was only words and she didn't believe it applied to her in her little demented fantasy world.........she could "control" his girlfriends (threats, emails,etc), insert herself at will into his life and still believe they were going to live happily ever after.

But compare her to her MOTHER? Call JA Satan, but don't ever compare her to her mother!

Just a thought...my dad is a narsicists/sociopath (or anti-social personality disorder, whatever they're calling it now) and he'd be able to turn things around on a dime, stick a knife in your back when you were shaking his hand, but he'd go ballistic, if you EVER compared him to someone he loathed. That was the ONLY thing that PERSONALLY got to him in any meaningful way. Everything else? Didn't have an effect on him. He had drama when HE wanted drama, all others need not apply. He was in control.

Just random thoughts.....JA's thought process or lack of, although totally whacked, is fascinating in a weird kind of way. I've just always been interested in why people think and/or believe in the way they do since early high school:dunno:

I also think JA lied so much about her childhood abuse and her parents. I don't know, personally, if there was any. What was testified too didn't seem like abuse. Yes, she was a difficult teen it appeared and her parents went to extremes, ie taking the wires out the car so she couldn't drive it, but honestly it didn't sound like more than parents totally frustrated with a kid who just did not get it. Even in the interrogation videos the mom and dad seemed just 'accepting' or some word along those lines, that their daughter was capable. They knew she had problems.

After all the testimony, I really IMHO, feel like the whole thing was a tarnish to JA's image she was hoping to protect. She had these separate parts of her life and she didn't want the truth out there. But I do think, she had serious issues with her mom. Her mom, otoh, seems to be doing what she can to show support and be there. Its an odd relationship for sure.

After all that long winded commentary, JA's perception of her mother seems to be hate filled and pretty darn skewed, so I agree that possibly being compared to someone she loathed pizzed her off royally.

K

Being outside the norm is what it takes to make great advances in humanity.

Jodi CHOSE to use her 'outside the norm' to slaughter another human being.

I don't care what kind of personality differentials she has. It was her CHOICE kill.

Jodi needs to be held responsible for her CHOICE.

I don't know how Det. Flores kept from laughing out loud with that ridiculous Ninja story and her down on the floor reenactment of what happened. How could she think for one moment that this story was believable?

Just the fact that she did think, at least for a moment, that the story could sound believable tells one everything they need to know about Jodi Arias.

I also think JA lied so much about her childhood abuse and her parents. I don't know, personally, if there was any. What was testified too didn't seem like abuse. Yes, she was a difficult teen it appeared and her parents went to extremes, ie taking the wires out the car so she couldn't drive it, but honestly it didn't sound like more than parents totally frustrated with a kid who just did not get it. Even in the interrogation videos the mom and dad seemed just 'accepting' or some word along those lines, that their daughter was capable. They knew she had problems.

After all the testimony, I really IMHO, feel like the whole thing was a tarnish to JA's image she was hoping to protect. She had these separate parts of her life and she didn't want the truth out there. But I do think, she had serious issues with her mom. Her mom, otoh, seems to be doing what she can to show support and be there. Its an odd relationship for sure.

After all that long winded commentary, JA's perception of her mother seems to be hate filled and pretty darn skewed, so I agree that possibly being compared to someone she loathed pizzed her off royally.

K

MOO, she seems like the kind of teenager that couldn't be reined-in. I personally believe that she was probably coddled as a child and couldn't transition as an adult. She believed that she could get away with anything.

If everyone who was spanked with a wooden spoon and had to babysit younger siblings ended up with BPD, then I think it would be the vast majority of society.

If anything, she didn't receive enough effective discipline. I do worry that this 'everyone gets a trophy' society isn't setting up their children for success, with that 'simple participation deserves accolades' mentality.

Thank you Chris!!!

STATEMENT from Sky Hughes RE #JodiArias

"Shortly after they began hanging out, his business [and] income began to suffer," Alexander's close friend Sky Hughes said. "She made it impossible for him to live a normal life."

"There was something very off about her. She was extremely obsessed with him," "She liked him a lot more than he liked her."

In 2008, Arias moved back home to Yreka. Nevertheless, she continued to keep a watchful eye on Alexander, Hughes alleged.

"She would break into his email -- multiple times -- [and] when he began dating another girl, she snuck into the house and watched them sleeping -- they had fallen asleep on an oversized bean bag watching a movie," Hughes said.

"He would be at his girlfriend's house and someone would knock and run -- he knew it was her. His tires were slashed twice and he 'knew' it was her. His girlfriend's tires were slashed, and again he knew it was her ... If Travis began talking to a girl or took a girl on a date, it was shortly after that Jodi would friend them on MySpace and began talking to them."

Hughes added: "To say Jodi was creepy and obsessed with Travis would be a huge understatement."

"The bottom line is Jodi Arias went to Arizona to kill Travis Alexander," she said. "After she slaughtered him, she immediately began trying to cover her tracks. She is a despicable human being and evidently hasn't found enough satisfaction [in] slaughtering Travis. Now she is set on ruining his name with disgusting and abhorrent lies. If you knew Travis, you would realize how heartbreaking it is to watch and listen to what she is doing to him."

Hughes said that she hopes prosecutors succeed in getting the death penalty for Arias.

"I can't think of anything scarier than her being let out," Hughes said. "She would date again -- someone's son, brother, friend. She slaughtered an innocent person because he didn't want to be with her. She has no soul, no accountability. As long as she is alive, those she has contact with are not safe. She is extremely evil, and she deserves the death penalty."

Feb 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01