WESH: Duct Tape Info in the Document Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think outside the box on what evidence the Duct Tape could hold like skin cells, fibers, hair, Perspiration from ones hands. etc.

I have to admit that I'd thought about this earlier.
Just the thought of KC putting the gas/oil mix into her gas tank made me laugh.
When there was all that talk about a faulty gas gauge, you had to wonder.

I would imagine it would ruin your engine if you put a mix in your car's gas tank, a lot more than just make it act like it was out of gas. But then I'm no mechanic.

We have two gas cans out in the garage, one for the mix and one for straight gas. We have them marked with permanent marker but they're plastic and the marker works better on them than on metal.

Speculation that what is seen in the following image is duct tape covering the vent hole of the gas can.

I can see KC, when she is filling up her car with one of George's gas cans, losing the vent plug. It sloshes a bit so she grabs the roll of duct tape previously used on Caylee and tears off a piece to cover the hole. It just so happens that the last time the roll was used was on Caylee, so the edges of the two pieces line up. :waitasec:

gas+can+with+ductape.jpg
I considered this, but I remain uncertain. The photo lacks sufficient resolution.

I think that the little bit of yellow blob seen beyond that tape is the vent cap. It's possible it is only the remains of one.

The tape does seem to be a bit sloppy for a label, but it doesn't seem quite irregular enough to be covering a vent.

??? (shrug)

Speculation that what is seen in the following image is duct tape covering the vent hole of the gas can.

I can see KC, when she is filling up her car with one of George's gas cans, losing the vent plug. It sloshes a bit so she grabs the roll of duct tape previously used on Caylee and tears off a piece to cover the hole. It just so happens that the last time the roll was used was on Caylee, so the edges of the two pieces line up. :waitasec:

gas+can+with+ductape.jpg
I believe that shot was AFTER the cans were returned to CA. So if that is the "Evidence tape" then LE failed to collect it!

Someone in the 9th Circuit would cover a lot of territory, including lawyers, clerks, judges, secretaries. If it was a clerk, the information would be in the case file and would be public information. But if it was in the case file, anyone could walk in and read it, so I'm assuming it hasn't been filed.
Sorry. Didn't mean to step on your comment, but we are thinking along the same lines. If it was in the court's file, it would be public record; unless the judge ordered it sealed. Any court personnel could look, as well as any member of the public.

I would imagine it would ruin your engine if you put a mix in your car's gas tank, a lot more than just make it act like it was out of gas. But then I'm no mechanic.

We have two gas cans out in the garage, one for the mix and one for straight gas. We have them marked with permanent marker but they're plastic and the marker works better on them than on metal.

Depending on the type of engine, my understanding is that it may sputter, but would do no permanent damage.

I believe that shot was AFTER the cans were returned to CA. So if that is the "Evidence tape" then LE failed to collect it!

Uh..Ohhhhh...sure it has been remedied by now?

Back to patiently Waiting...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

O/T, but I just came across this, maybe you'll find it useful too:

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/9/24/files_released_in_casey_anthony_case.html

It has a great list of docs for this case. I'm saving it to my favorites.

I found the search warrant for the 11th of December, and it doesn't list notebooks, but I distinctly remember them taking notebooks from the house. That info (the returns) should be in this upcoming doc dump....

Thanks so much for that link. Saved to my favorites also.

Helpful ideas to pass the time waiting for the dump:

1. Why not cook a meal for the people you live with...your family.
2. There is probably enough time for a bath AND a shampoo.
3. Stock up on snacks, drinks and sunscreen...so you won't lose much computer time and you'll have "monitor burn" protection for your face handy.

Anymore to add??

I know that there has been a lot of loose talk about the tape on the gas can, but I can't recall any citation describing that particular piece of tape as evidence.

Not even Nancy.

:)

4~ make sure laundry is caught up and the bathrooms are clean.

5~ double check ink or toner amts and make sure you have paper and highlighters

3. Stock up on snacks, drinks and sunscreen...so you won't lose much computer time and you'll have "monitor burn" protection for your face handy.

Anymore to add??

ha ha like # 3
Do a couple loads of laundry so the kids don't go to school neekid :eek:

O/T, but I just came across this, maybe you'll find it useful too:

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/9/24/files_released_in_casey_anthony_case.html

It has a great list of docs for this case. I'm saving it to my favorites.

I found the search warrant for the 11th of December, and it doesn't list notebooks, but I distinctly remember them taking notebooks from the house. That info (the returns) should be in this upcoming doc dump....

I believe they were looking for scrapbook supplies......

Anymore to add??

Snacks and drinks? How about IV and Foley Catheter?

My family can fend for themselves. They know how to open Capri Sun and order a pizza. ROFL!

No, I'm serious.

I believe they were looking for scrapbook supplies......

Thanks. The only specific info I can find is this:

"On Thursday night, Eyewitness News was at the Anthonys' home in Orange County as deputies spent hours inside processing the scene. Investigators removed at least two vacuum cleaners, notebooks and papers from the house on Hopespring Drive."

http://www.wftv.com/news/18262598/detail.html

There is nothing in the search warrant that directs them to take notebooks, papers, or scrapbooking supplies. I'm confused as to why they took them. On the other hand, if they had found a note or some type of paper with the body, then that would have definitely been included in the search warrant.

Sigh. I just need some new documents. :crazy:

Snacks and drinks? How about IV and Foley Catheter?

My family can fend for themselves. They know how to open Capri Sun and order a pizza. ROFL!

No, I'm serious.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

"No, I'm serious" Perfect! :clap:

Arrggg! I just read all 31 pages only to learn that it's not confirmed whether Casey's fingerprints are or are not on the duct tape. I suppose, since there's a 50% chance of being right either way, I'll guess they aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01