WESH: Duct Tape Info in the Document Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, from the today's news thread, the results on the duct tape are open to interpretation? Argh! This is really getting to me. And how come KB gets to do a preview of the docs before they are published? I mean why would the courts release them to news people before they are published for "the people" to read?

Those are good questions, BuzzieCat.:blowkiss:

The prosecution is releasing them from the LE investigation. It costs money. There is a per page charge to copy plus the labor time to do it.

The news agencies have a budget and pay for these costs. Then the news media pays people to scan them and post them.

That is the delay between the docs becoming available to the public and your getting to see them on a news media site. Many thanks to the news media for doing this for the public. We appreciate it.:clap:

Ok here goes my very first post! I'm going nuts here! I can't wait to see these documents!! But I have to admit the latest news DOES NOT sound encouraging, in my humble opinion.

http://http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/02/casey-anthony-case--2.html

"This evening, WESH's Bob Kealing said, "Our sources are telling us that the results on the duct tape especially are complicated and open to interpretation. We'll hopefully see what that means in the morning."

:waitasec:

I have no idea what to believe. I just can't wait to get my hands on those documents.

Welcome to the crazy house!
So now we have "The results mean a lot" and "They don't mean anything" and finally "Well, I dunno, see what you think."

I am dizzy from it all.

Those are good questions, BuzzieCat.:blowkiss:

The prosecution is releasing them from the LE investigation. It costs money. There is a per page charge to copy plus the labor time to do it.

The news agencies have a budget and pay for these costs. Then the news media pays people to scan them and post them.

That is the delay between the docs becoming available to the public and your getting to see them on a news media site. Many thanks to the news media for doing this for the public. We appreciate it.:clap:

I hadn't thought of the costs. Hmm. It's just frustrating to hear all these contradictory reports and my childish side comes out and wants to know why they have it and aren't publishing it yet!

You know, it is possible that the duct tape that was found on Caylee DOES match the duct tape that was found on the gas can.

There could be a match regarding the torn ends of each of those pieces of tape, indicating that they were at one time adjoined on the roll.

It is also possible that even if no DNA or fingerprints were found on the tape recovered from little Caylee's remains due to degradation from the elements (water, etc.), there may have been Casey's DNA and or fingerprints on the duct tape recovered from the gas can.

This could/would almost incontrovertibly tie Casey directly to both pieces of duct tape.

Whenever I read anything about the duct tape on the gas cans...I can't help but wonder if GA is going to be "thrown under the bus" by JB. Very Scary!

Guys, I don't have cable and now no tv at all due to the change from analog to digital. (I'll get converter box later)

Please keep posting info here, especially when the dump happens (sounds so funny) cause I won't have any other way to learn about it.

I wish the news people who keep teasing with clues (fingerprints-no fingerprints) would just come out and say what they know. I wish they would just make the dump. What are they waiting for?
When the media releases 'Document Dump' there will be a new thread with all the info. Gracenote, and this thread will be closed.

It is possible that there are partial prints on the tape which appear to match Casey's prints, but do not reach the legal standard for admissibility in court as a "match."

I also wonder if it could be proven that the knife in the trunk was used to cut the duct tape. That would be very bad for the defense as well, I think.

I also wonder if it could be proven that the knife in the trunk was used to cut the duct tape. That would be very bad for the defense as well, I think.

Do you think any evidence would have survived CA's cleaning?

Here are the dates the prosecution provided discovery to JB:

2/11/2009 A NOTICE OF PROVISION OF SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY
2/17/2009 A NOTICE OF PROVISION OF SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY

Last week 500, as reported on WFTV, Kathi Belich; and this week the 1100 pages.

Hat tip to sweetmop who posted this on another thread:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/08/NGfindcayleeblog/index.html

"7 PM ET - On the heels of reports that bombshell new documents are set to be released by the State, George and Cindy Anthony's attorney says he will prepare the family for what's to come inside those hundreds of pages. The documents are already in the hands of Casey Anthony's attorneys. According to sources, the evidence is not good news for the defense. The documents are reportedly said to contain evidence seized from the Anthony home shortly after the discovery of Caylee's remains. Defense attorneys Jose Baez and Linda Kenney Baden are set to release a statement once the discovery is released tomorrow morning. (From Stacey Newman, Nancy Grace Producer)

4 PM ET - The Florida State's Attorney is set to release hundreds of pages of new discovery in the Caylee Anthony murder case. And according to our sources, the evidence is a bombshell! Reports emerge among the discovery is FBI lab results on the duct tape found over Caylee's mouth. Did investigators find fingerprints, and if so whose? Also, Casey Anthony's lead defense attorney Jose Baez is out of the hospital after checking himself in for a stomachache. Baez' new spokesperson says the hospital visit was not stress related. (From Stacey Newman, Nancy Grace Producer) "

So tis tomorrow they will be released correct?:)

I wonder if Cindy will be able to stay quiet after this next doc dump. KWIM?

I think everyone is setting themselves up for disappointment regarding fingerprint and DNA evidence being released in this doc dump. The SA doesn't have to release evidence to the defense for discovery until the investigation on those items is complete. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the investigating of the fingerprints will not be complete until shortly before the trial begins. Because once the release it, they give the defense the opportunity to try and discredit it. I doubt they would give them 8 to 10 months before the trial.

I think everyone is setting themselves up for disappointment regarding fingerprint and DNA evidence being released in this doc dump. The SA doesn't have to release evidence to the defense for discovery until the investigation on those items is complete. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the investigating of the fingerprints will not be complete until shortly before the trial begins. Because once the release it, they give the defense the opportunity to try and discredit it. I doubt they would give them 8 to 10 months before the trial.

My thoughts as well.

My question would be is LA's print/DNA among the evidence found with Caylee?

I wonder if they found Nail Polish on the tape? And if so, could they have matched it up with one of KC's? Just a light bulb moment...it's been a nagging question in my mind. Does anyone know if nail polish would flake leave a trace on tape? If this has been posted already please remove my post...

I am not expecting finger print results tomorrow either. I am expecting details that will be greatly important, but not fingerprint results.

Even if the investigation is complete, I do believe that there are aspects in the Sunshine Laws that would enable both teams to prevent the release of this information.

I wonder if they found Nail Polish on the tape? And if so, could they have matched it up with one of KC's? Just a light bulb moment...it's been a nagging question in my mind. Does anyone know if nail polish would flake leave a trace on tape? If this has been posted already please remove my post...

I thought perhaps an acrylic nail, did KC wear them ????

:)
I know :eek:, I have 'garage envy'!

I cannot believe you said that!:)

About this court clerk, giving out this kind of information over the phone seems like a good way to lose one's job. Since it is now public knowledge that a court clerk has done this, I would think there might be some sort of internal investigation.

Not a clerk-just a someone...

Cropped to remove the pleasantries KC may experience, everything that's left is what I would call a good dream. If this is all her life is reduced to, if this is all KC lives for everyday. This I would call a nightmare, a totally miserable existence; I can live with this.

I can live very comfortably in my house, with big windows and lots of natural light, with my (chair & a half) recliner (my command center), with my fully loaded kitchen not dependent on the good will of others sending donations (yet! at least) My bathrooms have doors, I can shower whenever I wish. With my car parked in the garage, ready at my will to go where ever my heart so desires. With my cat curled up at my feet and my dog sleeping in front of the fireplace.

Eventually those people who have sent KC money for her acct will move on to bigger and better things, Jose will move on to other clients or a different job, Cindy and George will remake a life for themselves. Lee will get married and have his own child. KC will be just another number in an over crowded penitentiary.

Picturing KC locked away forever, in what has to be the most miserable existence on the face of this earth. No matter how bad we have it, and at times we all go through unpleasant things. We always have hope that when we get up tomorrow our lives will be better, sooner or later things turn around, that is what life is all about. Once KC hits the big house her shingle will read "Abandon hope, all ye who enters here".

It is a beautiful dream!:blowkiss:

Some lawnmowers and other garden tools require that you mix the gasoline with oil. Maybe the duct tape was used to mark a can that had a mix in it. You certainly wouldn't want to use a gas/oil mix in something that required straight gas or straight gas in something that required a mix.

Casey probably poured a mix in her gas tank...I never thought of that...It would account for the sputtering and dying...duh!:bang:

What would happen to a car if you put in a mixture of oil/gas? Would the engine sputter and die as if you were running out of gas? Or would the car continue to run? Anyone know?

The same thing that was happening to Casey's car...sputter, put, put, die...

Helpful ideas to pass the time waiting for the dump:

1. Why not cook a meal for the people you live with...your family.
2. There is probably enough time for a bath AND a shampoo.
3. Stock up on snacks, drinks and sunscreen...so you won't lose much computer time and you'll have "monitor burn" protection for your face handy.

Anymore to add??

HILARIOUS!:clap:

That is how I took the info in the article. The first set (500 pages) went to the defense two days before JB went in hospital. Perhaps that is the set that the TV stations that claim has no fingerprint evidence has been going by.

Then on Monday, another 1,100 pages went to defense. This is perhaps contains the fingerprint evidence that the other TV stations, and Blink are reporting.

That's MO. I think her fingerprints are all over that duct tape...it will be a few more days before we see that, tho. :)

That is a lot of pages to keep us busy! and would explain the discrepancies.

This was a very interesting theory, but I'll be shocked if it proves true. Of course I've been shocked a lot since Caylee went missing, so we'll see.

Even if she got a ticket while posing as Zanny, the bright spot would have been (for her) never having to pay that one off.

Risking being on the video camera at the court would not have been KC's smartest move. She (if she were smart) could have sent someone else in to make a payment for her. Someone who was not close to her at the time Caylee went missing, so it would be someone no one would have thought to look for when the news broke.

When LEO interviewed ZG she was already living at the Motel 6 in Kissimmee, her life was already going down hill fast. She may have just decided this was 1 ticket that she couldn't afford the second payment on right now. To me this makes more sense than KC pretending to be her.

Only THIS ZFG was born in 1986 like Casey and the one in the Civil suit is much older.:eek:

This thought crossed my mind as well, and right now, I am seriously medicated so my mind is cloudy: I believe LA had moved back in by this time, correct?

And as to taking things not on the warrant, they can take items "connected" in plain sight and/or call for addendum's if needed. No addendum's appear to have been made, so I would think the language in the warrant and the "connection" permission would cover items not specifically named.

Lee moved back in on New Year's Day.

So, from the today's news thread, the results on the duct tape are open to interpretation? Argh! This is really getting to me. And how come KB gets to do a preview of the docs before they are published? I mean why would the courts release them to news people before they are published for "the people" to read?

Because the Sunshine Law is specifically FOR the release of documents to the Media...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod