What are the consistencies in the Routier's stories?

deandaniellws said:
I thought that was Dana instead of Darlie?
The neighbor said it was Darlie. Darin testified that it was Dana. Nobody asked Dana if it was she because she had already testified (in the sentencing phase). So I guess it depends on who you believe. Personally, I think the neigbor lived around them long enough to know Darlie when she saw her. After all, Dana was only 17 and didn't have those big *advertiser censored*. And why would Dana be jumping around in the yard like that? She was devastated by the murders.

deandaniellws said:
I am 45 right now. How old is Darlie right now? I am trying to figure out how much older I am than she is.
Darlie is in her 30s. She was 27 at the time of the crime. Wow! Surely she isn't 37 already?????

Goody said:
The neighbor said it was Darlie. Darin testified that it was Dana. Nobody asked Dana if it was she because she had already testified (in the sentencing phase). So I guess it depends on who you believe. Personally, I think the neigbor lived around them long enough to know Darlie when she saw her. After all, Dana was only 17 and didn't have those big *advertiser censored*. And why would Dana be jumping around in the yard like that? She was devastated by the murders.
Dang...I always believed it was Dana. Now that really makes it look like they were even HAPPY about the boys dying. I can't imagine being able to breath after what happened. But of course, I am not telling you anything that you haven't already been through yourself also. :( I read an earlier post about your child.:angel: So sorry.:( :( I just figured out that I am 9 years older than Darlie.

Goody said:
Darlie is in her 30s. She was 27 at the time of the crime. Wow! Surely she isn't 37 already?????
I thought she was 26? Well close enough. Yep..she is either 36 or 37. If something doesn't happen in the way of appeals ...she will be dead by the time she is 42 or 43.

deandaniellws said:
I thought she was 26? Well close enough. Yep..she is either 36 or 37. If something doesn't happen in the way of appeals ...she will be dead by the time she is 42 or 43.
Her birthdate is Jan 4, 1970. You are right, she was 26 when the crime was committed but 27 when she testified at her trial in Jan 1997. That would make her 36 now.

A generation or TWO indeed! Come a little closer sweet Goody so I can SMACK :slap: you. :D LOL!!!

deandaniellws said:
Dang...I always believed it was Dana. Now that really makes it look like they were even HAPPY about the boys dying. I can't imagine being able to breath after what happened. But of course, I am not telling you anything that you haven't already been through yourself also. :( I read an earlier post about your child.:angel: So sorry.:( :( I just figured out that I am 9 years older than Darlie.
I was a zombie for a year and a half so I am not a good comparable to Darlie. My son was hit by a car and that was bad enough. I can't even imagine what I would have done if he had been brutally murdered right before my eyes. I guess I would be a blithering idiot in a mental hospital today. I was verrrry dramatic at her age. Not a drama queen like she is, but I took everything very seriously. Anything tragic was so exaggerated in my head. That makes me ask...how in the world does a drama queen (who is even worse than I was) go thru something like that and then just pull up her pants and go on as if nothing happened? I didn't have the energy or motivation to get out of bed, and went thru most daily routines on auto pilot. I am having a hard time connecting the drama dot to the "O, well" dot. It is like donuts and beer, the two don't mix. Do they?

Goody said:
I was a zombie for a year and a half so I am not a good comparable to Darlie. My son was hit by a car and that was bad enough. I can't even imagine what I would have done if he had been brutally murdered right before my eyes. I guess I would be a blithering idiot in a mental hospital today. I was verrrry dramatic at her age. Not a drama queen like she is, but I took everything very seriously. Anything tragic was so exaggerated in my head. That makes me ask...how in the world does a drama queen (who is even worse than I was) go thru something like that and then just pull up her pants and go on as if nothing happened? I didn't have the energy or motivation to get out of bed, and went thru most daily routines on auto pilot. I am having a hard time connecting the drama dot to the "O, well" dot. It is like donuts and beer, the two don't mix. Do they?
Exactly. I know because I lost a baby. Which of course is nothing compared to losing them when they are older. I think MOST mothers and fathers are the walking dead when they lose a child. That is why I say that being able to play football with the toys that were brought to the house in mourning of the boy's death..........is just horrifying! I swear...I really believed that it was Dana! Gezzze! :furious: What the hell is freaking wrong with this woman...and I use that term loosely!

deandaniellws said:
A generation or TWO indeed! Come a little closer sweet Goody so I can SMACK :slap: you. :D LOL!!!
LOL! sorry about that. guess you are younger than I thought. hahahahah. Let's see...you are 13 years younger than I am. Darlie is the same age as my daughter, hence my maternal urges toward her.

I have been around all sorts of people in my lifetime, from nuns (have a couple in my family) to the extremely loose (once roomed with a female prostitute...reformed that is) so I have seen all kinds of combinations of morals and hypocritical thinking. (We are all hypocritical, you know.) I don't find Darlie all that unusual. She isn't the cooking baking, PTA mom they wanted us to believe at the trial, but she wasn't a either. Maybe there was some white trash in her but she was hardly someone kept barefoot and pregnant in some trailer park putting all the income up her nose while the kids ran around shoeless and hungry. I have seen white trash up close and personal, and trust me, she is not one of them.

deandaniellws said:
Who said she was a sl*T puppy in the first place? I don't remember anyone saying that....BUT going to a garage sell in a thong? That does say WT label to me. :eek:
I said I thought Jane said Darlie slept around. I have already said I misunderstood. Let's move on now.....

Goody said:
LOL! sorry about that. guess you are younger than I thought. hahahahah. Let's see...you are 13 years younger than I am. Darlie is the same age as my daughter, hence my maternal urges toward her.

I have been around all sorts of people in my lifetime, from nuns (have a couple in my family) to the extremely loose (once roomed with a female prostitute...reformed that is) so I have seen all kinds of combinations of morals and hypocritical thinking. (We are all hypocritical, you know.) I don't find Darlie all that unusual. She isn't the cooking baking, PTA mom they wanted us to believe at the trial, but she wasn't a either. Maybe there was some white trash in her but she was hardly someone kept barefoot and pregnant in some trailer park putting all the income up her nose while the kids ran around shoeless and hungry. I have seen white trash up close and personal, and trust me, she is not one of them.
You are the same age as my husband. :)

beesy said:
I said I thought Jane said Darlie slept around. I have already said I misunderstood. Let's move on now.....
I didn't see it. Sorry..<looking for my rock to crawl back under.> :silenced:

deandaniellws said:
You are the same age as my husband. :)
And he is a wise man, no doubt.:laugh: O, wait,is he the doubting Thomas who wouldn't search the sewer for us??????

Goody said:
And he is a wise man, no doubt.:laugh: O, wait,is he the doubting Thomas who wouldn't search the sewer for us??????
LOL...yep that is the one. He thinks we are a bunch of goof balls! He even said so the other night when he was reading over my shoulder. I told him that made him guilty by association.:laugh:

Goody said:
I agree, but many, many young girls fall into the trap. I think beesy was just misled by some of Darlie's behavior. Although I have to admit, I haven't seen much of it myself. Other than someone telling me they saw her out with a large group in a restaurant before she was arrested and that she was smiling and laughing like she was having a good time with not a care in the world, I know zilch about her appearance or behavior. I have seen the professional photos taken over the years but I don't think they show the "real" Darlie. Descriptions of her wearing baggy shirts and looking like hell don't necessarily depict the "real" Darlie, although it might give us peek into what some days were like for her. Even going to garage sales in a thong bikini doesn't tell us much more than she liked to strut her stuff. More recently people said she like to sun bathe in the front yard. That might tell us a little more,...that she might have had a little bit of exhibitionist in her, maybe even got a little thrill imagine the neighborhood men lusting after her. No harm done though if they weren't allowed to touch. I saw only one video where she blew a senuous kiss to the photographer taken before the murders. Her eyes were glassy like she and her friends had been drinking so I don't know what that says. I don't necessarily think big hair and big *advertiser censored* make someone trailer trash or loose morally. I don't necessarily think that a flirtatious nature makes someone loose. We all flirt sometimes. Doesn't mean that we will cheat physically. Add that to the fact that there is no evidence at all that she ever did cheat on Darin, and no evidence that he was a cheater, what do we have? A young woman who took a lot of pride in her appearance. Pamela Anderson is paid big bucks to do the same,and I am not hearing any rumors about her cheating on Tommy, although who could fault her if she did? LOL!

Bottomline, unless all of Darlie's friends are in a conspiracy to keep the "real" Darlie hidden from us, I don't see a promiscuous young woman. One lone rumor isn't enough to hang that label on her, in my estimation.
No I have already said I misunderstood what Jane said. I was not misled by Darlie, as far as sleeping around. I think Darlie does/did not know how to act in polite company. Jane also said something about Darlie knowing how to bat her eyes and flirt by age 7. I'm sorry Goody, but I find that odd. And no, I'm not saying that means she was having sex(can we say that word?) at age 7, not saying that at all. I think that is inappropriate, just as her alleged behaviour in the interrogation
room with Lynch is. You don't pull down your britches and your knickers to show your body art when being questioned about your sons being murdered. Showing injuries, but not just to be showing.

And I don't think the unkempt Darlie is the real Darlie. Nothing supports this, even .witnesses They saw her wearing make-up and with her hair done and a manicure normally. After the birth of Drake and before the murders, Darlie stopped doing those things. She didn't do anything. She hired a maid, someone to do laundry and someone to watch Drake. She was not mentally heathly. I'm not giving her an excuse for murder, no way, but something was wrong with Darlie during that time.

beesy said:
No I have already said I misunderstood what Jane said. I was not misled by Darlie, as far as sleeping around. I think Darlie does/did not know how to act in polite company. Jane also said something about Darlie knowing how to bat her eyes and flirt by age 7. I'm sorry Goody, but I find that odd. And no, I'm not saying that means she was having sex(can we say that word?) at age 7, not saying that at all. I think that is inappropriate, just as her alleged behaviour in the interrogation
room with Lynch is. You don't pull down your britches and your knickers to show your body art when being questioned about your sons being murdered. Showing injuries, but not just to be showing.

And I don't think the unkempt Darlie is the real Darlie. Nothing supports this, even .witnesses They saw her wearing make-up and with her hair done and a manicure normally. After the birth of Drake and before the murders, Darlie stopped doing those things. She didn't do anything. She hired a maid, someone to do laundry and someone to watch Drake. She was not mentally heathly. I'm not giving her an excuse for murder, no way, but something was wrong with Darlie during that time.
I agree. I don't think her mother taught her appropriate manners for a young lady. I still think having Drake instead of the girl she wanted just blew her stuff out of the water. I mean her mother wanted her to meet Darin and she was only 15! Shoot I couldn't even date until I was 16 and it had to be a double date at that. I think she tried to treat Darlie as a friend instead of a daughter. JMO though.

Goody said:
O. come on. If her kids hadn't been killed, you be saying each to his own, what floats her boat, and all that. Who could possibly care if she wore thong bikinis or granny nightgowns? You don't have to be a lady to protect your kids. Plenty of white trashers do it everyday, poor taste or not. I am all for judging her actions, but I am not sure calling her white trash falls under that heading.
Of course I wouldn't give a hoot about how Darlie looked if she hadn't killed her kids, I wouldn't even know who she was. I see other women or young girls dressing like Darlie did and chomping gum, etc and I think they look trashy. I am referring to all of those girls, not just Darlie. My mother doesn't say "Darlie wasn't a lady cause she chomped gum". She says "a lady doesn't chomp gum". I don't see how you're getting that I said only ladies would protect their children.

beesy said:
Of course I wouldn't give a hoot about how Darlie looked if she hadn't killed her kids, I wouldn't even know who she was. I see other women or young girls dressing like Darlie did and chomping gum, etc and I think they look trashy. I am referring to all of those girls, not just Darlie. My mother doesn't say "Darlie wasn't a lady cause she chomped gum". She says "a lady doesn't chomp gum". I don't see how you're getting that I said only ladies would protect their children.
I know what you mean beesy. My grandmother had a WHOLE list of things that a "lady" did and did not do. It was just what a mother or grandmother teaches her child/grandchild. It doesn't mean that those other girls that do that are horrible. It is just a standard that moms set. And trust me...if I wanted to go out...I did as my grandmother(Nano) said! LOL! :innocent:

Goody said:
Ah, but you didn't strut your stuff???? LOL! I take it you are a generation or two older than Darlie. Let's face it, what we found appropriate in our generation, those behind us found restrictive just as our parents thought Elvis was "of the devil." hahahahah. Young people in the 90s were much more open about their sexuality than they were in the 80s and the 70s and the 60s. Young people today are more open about it than Darlie's generation. Society continually evolves. And it is not like she routinely wore the thong bikini to garage sales. She did it once. But even if she did it a few times, all it proves is that she was more at ease with her sexuality than those of us who feel a need to stay covered up. Or maybe it says she liked to make people gasp. Or maybe she was sun bathing and just didn't feel a need to change before checking out the garage sales nearby.
At worst, it was just poor taste, maybe lack of good judgment but then how many 19 year olds are guilty of that? I think y'all read too much into it. No offense.

If you want to single out something she did that was inappropriate, focus on the little basketball game she and Darin did in their front yard the day she was arrested. Ironically, the police were making their decision to get a warrant for her arrest about the same time they pulled that little stunt.
I'm 37, which means Darlie and I are of the same generation. I have never even spoken with anyone who dressed the way Darlie did. I've seen them, but it's sort of like seeing an animal in a zoo. I had never even heard of a thong until just a few years ago. So if I am reading too much into it, it's because she is alien to me. And I don't think it's cool for you to judge me for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back