What did we learn today 6-28-2011

What did we learn today 6-28-2011 - Multiple Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand where you're coming from, because when JB asked him if he ever mentioned the 'accident snowballing out of control' statement- it took him a good minute to answer (and that made him look suspect). Im not so sure he wanted to come across as believable. Both GA & RC have denied an intimate affair, but I believe that GA may have had an 'affair of the heart' with RC. I wish he would have just came out and stated this. I , personally think RC lied about the *accident*, either for attention or out of anger- who knows. I don't believe a word she says. On that note, the fact that GA took soooo long to answer the snowball effect question- further validates that he felt horrible for ICA that he just couldn't find it in his heart to lie for her.

I've said this several times elsewhere, I really don't think she made up the accident thing, but it's always taken out of context. If you read her full statement, and what he allegedly said before and after that statement, it really sounds like a guy trying to come to terms the fact that his daughter may have done something terrible. It just blows my mind that the DT is calling her, IMO the state is going to turn her in their favor in two minutes flat on cross.

I learned that the defense team is doing an excellent job...for the prosecution.

I learned why witnesses often go blind and deaf when asked questions regarding crime. "I swear I didn't see anything I was passed out drunk!"

I saw sadness on iCA's face for the first time today without tears- when JG testified. Could be because he didn't seem to notice her. Or because he believed her.

I've said this several times elsewhere, I really don't think she made up the accident thing, but it's always taken out of context. If you read her full statement, and what he allegedly said before and after that statement, it really sounds like a guy trying to come to terms the fact that his daughter may have done something terrible. It just blows my mind that the DT is calling her, IMO the state is going to turn her in their favor in two minutes flat on cross.

I agree.

IIRC, in her police interview she's adamant that their relationship never went beyond friendship. Then she sells a story to the NE about her affair with GA. Then add in her past and she's less than believable, but then so was GA.

Today I learned that: An emu would know better when to stop questioning a witness than the DT. It was painful, I yelled "give it up, Cheney!" several times, but apparently he didn't hear me. Seriously, what did he hope to achieve? He kept asking the same questions over and over with seeminly no attemmpt to diquise them in any way. Had he not prepared? Was this the DT's attempt to filibuster in hopes that one of them would have an epiphany for their next strategic move. It was awful. do wonder how the jury views today's proceedings. Kronk was masterful. He and his lawyer did their homework. I was impressed. I am so glad his coworkers could in essence back up his story and confirm his characer. I was concerned for that the DT was going to blame Cayley's murder/movement of the body on the coworker who followed Kronk after he stated he said the area would be a great place to hide a body. But he was able to clarify he had heard KC's remarks from jail about her whereabouts "I think she is really close by." Cryptic confession, but has no legal foundation for placing her in the woods.

I was wondering if the jury had heard before about KC telling her mother that Caylee was very close?

Today I learned that LA will contradict his mother without batting an eye.

That really surprised me!

I still haven't learned who is telling the truth, though. Or if even one of them is telling the truth. :sigh:

Today I learned.............that could take 3, 4, 5, 6 meter readers to read meters in Fla.
One to read the actual meter.

One to find a snake.
One supervisor to check on them.
One Mr. Kronk to find little Caylee's remains.

I still haven't learned who is telling the truth, though. Or if even one of them is telling the truth. :sigh:

I doubt anyone will know the full truth except maybe in deathbed confession or something. If KC told the truth exactly as it happened I doubt many would believe her now.

I learned that JB is a nastier person than he had already shown himself to be. That his court room antics and disrespect for the court should not be tolerated. That JB thinks that he owns and runs the court and he thinks that he can dictate how he wants things to run. I have never seen an attorney who is so disrespectful to the courts in my entire life. He's intolerable.

I was stunned when they were arguing about the depos and JB was obviously pushing JA's buttons and JA stated he regretted he did not have it on the record .. And JB went on to say if you give folks an inch ... WTH

JB is one of those who can really infuriate you and he does not know when to stop or enough is enough .. Like ICA he has no boundaries and will resort to anything and everything to game you or retaliate.

Just like when HHJBP asked them both the time ... JB is all about "me" and NOT "team" so is dragging the SA down to his level to game in the dirt.

I think LA shocked most of us Kimster. I thought he and mom were on the same page. Lee had no problem calling his mom a liar--indirectly of course.

I learned that GA never had sex with that woman.
Actually, out of the whole family I think GA is the worse liar. I didn't believe a word he said. I think it was more then a friendship, even if they didn't have sex. I doubt the jury bought that he went around sending out texts to volunteers that he needed them in his life.

I think GA was a little to adamant about his relationship with KH/RC. When he said she had a checkered past, or something like that, it seemed like he was trying to discredit her himself which seemed like "Thou dost protest too much" to me.

I do see your point and it is well taken. However, while I watched him I tried to imagine how GA might view JB after the allegations he made against him in opening statement. From the witness stand it can be hard to view the attorney asking the questions as just an officer of the court, and not a lying scoundral who wants to drag you through the mud. Good and bad lawyers know this, AND the power it holds. They use it to push buttons. GA did a fairly good job, IMO, of not letting those buttons get pushed TOO much, but let's face it, they were primed in the opening statement! Under all the circumstances, I thought his testimony came off as credible. JMO

OT - I've seen your avatar posted on several tabloids like the enquirer before. Do you have the original picture? I always thought it was altered to make her look like that, she didn't really take a picture making that face, did she? TIA.

The picture of Casey is for real. If you notice, just below her chin is little Caylee. Who knows what prompted that look from Casey. Maybe she was expressing stress trying to dress her daughter or to get her to stand still for a photo.

But, the expression on her face was captured with a camera. Make of it as you will.

jmo

I learned I wish I was rich or old enough to be able to watch the trial all day long, lol. *sigh* I'll never get caught up with the posts OR the videos. Therefore, I am living vicariously thru all of you here, LOL. So TY for your insight :blowkiss:

As for TODAY, I learned that Mason doesn't know when the he77 to quit. He's rarely even ahead, IMO & from what I've read, so why does he keep on going like the Energizer Bunny - only it ends up making things worse...ay yi yi!!! And the questions he/JB do NOT ask. (Maybe Casey is sitting there writing down everything she can think of her DT does wrong for her appeal?!)

I was wondering for those who think Lee was lying,do you guys really believe the PI went into the woods because the psychic told them to?
GA was obviously lying IMO.
I don't think the Anthony dysfunction is an act.
...and I was truly surprised to see real emotion in KC when Jesse took the stand.
I think everything would have been so different if KC would have married him and gotten out of that family and I think she knows that.

Oh, I forgot this: Today, I also learned that this trial is consuming wayyyy too much of my life, and I need to actually get a life ((Pinky swear- I will after deliberation!))

I do see your point and it is well taken. However, while I watched him I tried to imagine how GA might view JB after the allegations he made against him in opening statement. From the witness stand it can be hard to view the attorney asking the questions as just an officer of the court, and not a lying scoundral who wants to drag you through the mud. Good and bad lawyers know this, AND the power it holds. They use it to push buttons. GA did a fairly good job, IMO, of not letting those buttons get pushed TOO much, but let's face it, they were primed in the opening statement! Under all the circumstances, I thought his testimony came off as credible. JMO

I agree to the extent that this was the big accusatory showdown that he had so feared and made him feel ill so in that regard he did well and JB? -- not so much.

i leaned that it must suck really bad to be a meter reader...in the hot Florida sun

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back