What didn't Casey count on?

Yes. She was so use to the people around her buying the lies she told that the thought of someone checking out her story never crossed her mind.

i agree that it never crossed her mind that people would question her story.. she had a month and didn't even bother to think about it at all IMO. she couldn't even give the right date that she had last seen Caylee! You would think she'd have been trying to get her story straight during that time, but she obviously didn't think she needed to.

She counted on this just being another Trenton Duckett case. No body..no case.

Even after she was arrested and in jail, she didn't count on the fact that her phone call was being recorded and would eventually be released as part of public record. She didn't know that all of us would hear how she REALLY talks to her Mother, how she REALLY doesn't care about Caylee. How she ORDERS everybody around. Casey didn't count on everyone looking at the pretty, perfect shiney apple that she feels herself to be, only to realize that once opened, we can all see that it is rotten and full of worms inside.

She didn't count on just how loving and loveable Caylee really is.

She let go of the most perfect part of herself.

She STILL doesn't realize that she, flawed as she is, is still one of God's children, and how much He still cares for her.

She never counted on being held accountable for her own actions.

I think Casey was very much like Scott Peterson in that she thought Caylee being missing would blow over very quickly. She didn't count on Caylee capturing the worlds heart, just like Laci did. I think this is because both Scott and Casey don't think or feel like normal people and therefore don't understand the love, grief and fierce desire for justice for Caylee that we all feel, and that many people felt for Laci.

You can just feel Casey thinking she has got away with it during the police interview that took place in that little roon at Universal. Near the end of the tape one of the police officers says something about his bum getting sore from the chairs they are sitting on, and then Casey kind of laughs and goes yeah me too, haha. You can tell she thinks they have now bonded and are all ok and they are going to leave her alone because once she reaches that stage with anyone else it all blows over and is forgotten about. As other posters have already said Casey didn't count on people not believing the lies that came pouring out of her mouth as her family had her whole life.
Listening to Casey on that tape scares the crap out of me.

ITA! Very well stated. :clap:

First and foremost, she never counted on a Grandmother's love for her darling granddaughter to win out over a long established habit of not questioning KC. No matter what went on afterwards, what was said, done, etc. a Grandmother's love for her granddaughter brought KC to where she is now.

She sure didn't count on being arrested. Her phrase, "Arrested on a whim today," says it all. I think that since Caylee's disappearance/death meant nothing to her, she thought it wouldn't be that big a deal to anyone else either. Certainly not a big enough deal for LE to actually arrest her.

George telling the FBI the truth regarding the smell of the car.
George testifying before the GJ.

You ask an interesting question. If she really was following the local Trenton D. case online, could she REALLY have been naive enough to think Caylee's missing would be swept under the media carpet?

She couldn't have imagined she'd ever have to explain to anyone but Cindy. Or that she'd be news.

Up to July 15, Cindy believed and let her do everything.

IMO

I haven't read the other responses yet, but the answer that leapt to my mind is that Casey Anthony did not count on others having the connection to Caylee that she utterly lacked.

She seems to have expected others to accept that Caylee was gone--with her ridiculous explanation--and did not count on others to investigate that.

She was completely incapable of predicting the actions of others because she is utterly devoid of humanity--she did not count on any of the responses she's received, because it simply would not occur to her to behave that way.

I agree with all the posts. I do not think she would end up being the most hated women in United States.

Casey didn't count on LE being smarter than everyone in her family. She hates them for not believing her BS like her family has sidestepped and ignored and allowed and simply swept under the rug her entire life. Once LE caught onto her (really, that wasn't soooo hard with everything we already KNOW) she turned the A's focus onto: let's hate and mistrust LE.

I may be wrong but I don't think she planned a darn thing or counted on anything happening or not happening. One of the few things I agree with LP on is that Casey lives within the current 10 minutes. She tells whatever lie or performs whatever act will get her the result she wants for the current 10 minutes. No thought given to the fact that the outrageous lie she just told can be disproven easily and quickly, all she wants is to get out of the room and onto the next "fun" thing.

For example, saying she worked at Universal, going there, taking the lie to the limit, the very limit.

The current ten minutes and instant gratification are Casey's mode of operation, imo. Wanna party? Kid in the way? Oops, killed the kid. Go party.
Smell in the car? Ick. Get rid of smell. Go party.
Need new sexy undies? Steal from friend. Go party... in new undies.
Mom ranting about kid? Give me "one more day" mom. And she would have gone to party, no doubt.

I agree 100 %! KC has demonstrated over and over that she ONLY 'thinks'/acts for the immediate moment.. She says or does whatever neccessary to get her out of the current issue.. with no forethought of future implications.. she will just lie again when something else comes up.

I haven't read the other responses yet, but the answer that leapt to my mind is that Casey Anthony did not count on others having the connection to Caylee that she utterly lacked.

She seems to have expected others to accept that Caylee was gone--with her ridiculous explanation--and did not count on others to investigate that.

She was completely incapable of predicting the actions of others because she is utterly devoid of humanity--she did not count on any of the responses she's received, because it simply would not occur to her to behave that way.

WOW! Best post I have read in awhile. You nailed it, in my opinion.

people being rational and somewhat intelligent? :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back