What do you think happened to Malaysia Flight370?

What do you think happened to Malaysia Flight 370?

• Total voters
nothing like having a theory and interpreting the facts accordingly.

despite your unsupported opinion, there was nothing fishy about the good night. pilots sign off like that routinely. people delete stuff from their computer on a routine basis.

the transponder and the acars going off is definitely significant, suspicious if you want it to fit a theory.

The left turn is also significant, suspicious if you like, but not on its face. a left turn exactly like that is what any pilot would do in the event of an extreme emergency, and he/she would do it immediately and without contacting anyone. if you noticed, the turn was towards land and airports, the shortest distance to safety.
There was no mayday or hijacking call. The copliot normal sign off with "copy that", so given that context, in addition to the transponders it is fishy. It's like a defense attorney picking apart the piece of the puzzle. Look at all the evidence put together. This was planned. No good reason to fly to the Indian Ocean it if were a mechanical emergency/fire.

The biggest mystery to me is the turning South. I suppose I need to have solid evidence at this point that the debris is really from the plane in that Ocean off of Australia.

The latest satellite images FINALLY show to me what could really be debri so I finally agree that it could be debri from plane but what is concerning me is them not being able to pluck the debri out and make a connection yet. I realize they have had bad weather and only few hours each day but now with a China boat on scene since yesterday, they have more search time each day. I am sure that boat is not going back to land each day so that boat can search for many hours each day.

I keep having a lingering doubt that the debri is not even the plane. Its mainly because no matter what scenerio, the turning south on auto-pilot doesnt seem to fit very well with anything.

Like if it was some kind of suicide/murder mission, then why not just go straight down near the known turn to left. And similarly, if it was some kind of mechanical problem or loss of pressure, I have a hard time understanding why the turn south on auto-pilot unless he realized he had no way to land the plane in an emergency landing.

Its hard to describe what I mean but assuming some kind of mechanical problem with loss of cabin pressure , I could see the turning left to maybe try an emergency landing. But someone had to set the auto-pilot on a due south heading at some point which means a person was still concious for that. So why go south if some kind of emergency?

The only thing I can come up with is the pilot knew he could not land and the plane was doomed. But since it flew for 6 or so more hours, I am struggling with what type of problem would make a pilot know his flight was doomed.

Its all such a mystery. Confirming where wreckage is at will help narrow down what may have happened.

The biggest mystery to me is the turning South. I suppose I need to have solid evidence at this point that the debris is really from the plane in that Ocean off of Australia.

The latest satellite images FINALLY show to me what could really be debri so I finally agree that it could be debri from plane but what is concerning me is them not being able to pluck the debri out and make a connection yet. I realize they have had bad weather and only few hours each day but now with a China boat on scene since yesterday, they have more search time each day. I am sure that boat is not going back to land each day so that boat can search for many hours each day.

I keep having a lingering doubt that the debri is not even the plane. Its mainly because no matter what scenerio, the turning south on auto-pilot doesnt seem to fit very well with anything.

Like if it was some kind of suicide/murder mission, then why not just go straight down near the known turn to left. And similarly, if it was some kind of mechanical problem or loss of pressure, I have a hard time understanding why the turn south on auto-pilot unless he realized he had no way to land the plane in an emergency landing.

Its hard to describe what I mean but assuming some kind of mechanical problem with loss of cabin pressure , I could see the turning left to maybe try an emergency landing. But someone had to set the auto-pilot on a due south heading at some point which means a person was still concious for that. So why go south if some kind of emergency?

The only thing I can come up with is the pilot knew he could not land and the plane was doomed. But since it flew for 6 or so more hours, I am struggling with what type of problem would make a pilot know his flight was doomed.

Its all such a mystery. Confirming where wreckage is at will help narrow down what may have happened.

I want to know when the plane turned left; before or after "all right; good night"... I'm clueless why that has not been said yet except that they know the turn happened before. Had the turn happen after; we would have known about it long ago because I would think they would have defended the pilot & co-pilot with it. Praying they find something tomorrow that will give the relatives proof they're in the water.

I have a sickening feeling it was the pilot. His pal said he may have treated it as his last 'joyride' flying as high, low, and fast as he wanted and flying in parts he'd never seen before.

Could a seemingly normal, caring man have been so distraught and disconnected to have intentionally done something so destructive and meaningless? It's hard to wrap your head around.

If so, he wouldn't be the first.

I'm especially heartbroken by the stories of orphans:

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/w...e-for-despair/article17727974/?service=mobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to know when the plane turned left; before or after "all right; good night"... I'm clueless why that has not been said yet except that they know the turn happened before. Had the turn happen after; we would have known about it long ago because I would think they would have defended the pilot & co-pilot with it. Praying they find something tomorrow that will give the relatives proof they're in the water.

iirc, the turn came AFTER the "alright, goodnight"

there are experts that have defended pilot and co-pilot in regards to the turn. saying if there was an emergency the plane would have turned back to try an land at an airport..

there are experts that have defended pilot and co-pilot in regards to the turn. saying if there was an emergency the plane would have turned back to try an land at an airport..

CNN has reported the turn happening 17 minutes after the goodnight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The plane turning after the "goodnight" is what I have read as well. I'm not exactly sure how airplane systems are connected but with the Transponder and ADS-B being disabled could be some type of power grid failure or system overheat that caused electronics to fail system by system even if they aren't connected (I'm not to sure about the Trans and ADS-B but I thought they were independent of the main airline components). Electricity will travel many paths and disaster can be caused by the smallest spark.

They're running out of time with the back box, the batteries last for around 30 days or so according to some recent headlines and I feel so bad for the families right now. :(

I still believe that the plane landed safely and intentionally someplace hidden. Until I actually see actual physical proof that the plane went into the water or crashed on land even, then I will worry about what comes next.

I just need proof.

I have not read all of your theories, so forgive me if this has been addressed. I have heard little or nothing coming out of Indonesia, which lies just across the Malacca Strait from Malaysia. If the flight data is correct and the plane flew over the Malacca Strait, it would surely have been on Indonesia's radar from one of their civilian or military air bases. Not assuming anything, but could Indonesia have shot down the plane because they couldn't identify it? Probably not; just theorizing. Anyone heard anything on Indonesia?

(I tried to post the map of the last known flight path, but I don't know how to do it.)

My last thoughts on the whole matter is that the guy on the oil rig saw a ball of fire in the sky. I believe him. I think there was an electrical explosion on that plane that disabled almost everything on the aircraft. There were no working controls on the control panel, IMO. The auto-pilot was still somehow working at a reduced capacity and took over. They couldn't even know the speed or even if the landing gear would come down if they tried to land. (speculating)

This pilot loved to fix things. I believe the co-pilot took over while the pilot honestly tried to fix the electronics in the bay down below.

When it was clear to both the pilot and the co-pilot could do nothing, they flew the plane over water to have the fewest casualties, IMO. Kill more than 239 on the ground or the 239 onboard?

Regardless of what really happened, I will not blame the pilot or the co-pilot until I know for certain.

GB them all.

MOO

I have not read all of your theories, so forgive me if this has been addressed. I have heard little or nothing coming out of Indonesia, which lies just across the Malacca Strait from Malaysia. If the flight data is correct and the plane flew over the Malacca Strait, it would surely have been on Indonesia's radar from one of their civilian or military air bases. Not assuming anything, but could Indonesia have shot down the plane because they couldn't identify it? Probably not; just theorizing. Anyone heard anything on Indonesia?

(I tried to post the map of the last known flight path, but I don't know how to do it.)

This seems to be one of the big mysteries ...although, I'd add that it seems pretty likely the plane would have flown right over Indonesia based on the Southern arc they are so sure of. As far as I know, there isn't any new info that would shed light on this puzzle.

I've stayed out of this discussion until now because it's so upsetting and also has been controversial at times, which I didn't buy into at all...
It's been and still is a tragic mess information-wise, isn't it? Family members have suffered because of the conflicting news reports out of Malaysia. Probably lots of language and cultural barriers and differences come into play with the sometimes wild news reports.

I don't know exactly what happened, except that I believe there was a mid-air disaster which killed the people onboard and it's really sad. I do believe the plane went into the Indian Ocean in the Southern hemisphere. When we were told that the flight was first missing, hubby and I were looking at a map of the flight route to Chengdu and I pointed to the Indian Ocean, just north of where they are searching. I just had a strong feeling from the start that this was where they needed to look. This sort of thing is not unusual for me, but I could be wrong. We don't know yet. We may never know for sure.

My experience with pilots is that they always do the best job they can to fly safely and land safely. I don't know exactly what happened in the air, but my deep down feeling is that whatever happened to the pilots and the passengers was sudden and catastrophic and they became unconscious and died shortly afterwards, or died instantly.

I'm not sure we will ever know the definitive answers as to what happened second by second or millisecond. I hope there aren't conspiracy theories for forever and a day because they are disrespectful to the pilots and the passengers in many cases..

I am so sad for those who perished and also for the family members from around the world. I pray for them all.

This seems to be one of the big mysteries ...although, I'd add that it seems pretty likely the plane would have flown right over Indonesia based on the Southern arc they are so sure of. As far as I know, there isn't any new info that would shed light on this puzzle.

Someone I know who is a pilot thinks the plane was shot down by a SAM. Indonesia is on his short list, and so is N. Korea, which was reported by some news sources on that day to be launching missiles. You have to go back to that day's news to find the launch reports, though. No one's saying it now, due to International diplomatic relations I guess.

However, someone else whom I am closer to, and who has more knowledge of international aviation and what happens if a country blows up other country's people and a huge airplane says that if any country had shot the plane down, this would be an international incident of great importance and we would all know it way before now.

I believe the latter. The Chinese officials are being very vocal if you read international news, wanting the plane found and wanting more info from Malaysia. If they had ANY satellite or radar evidence that the plane carrying so many Chinese nationals had been shot down, it would be huge news.China would not cover up this sort of thing for any other nation, IMO. And possibly, we would have already seen the start of a war.

[QinasK;10379214]Pilot suicide. Both pilots may have been in on it. The "Goodnight" was fishy, as well as turning off all transponders and making the left turn. This was a deliberate act. And there is the fact that Shah deleted info on his flight simulator just 5 days beforehand. The puzzle pieces add up.[/QUOTE]

Is "good night" something pilots typically say if they won't be speaking for a period of time and it's nighttime?

I'm not sure what I beliebe . Malaysia keeps changing "facts" around, like saying the flight path had been reprogrammed, then saying it hadn't.

I just feel terrible for the families, being yanked around like puppets.

I'm with pilot deciding to commit murder/suicide then dumping the plane in the Southern Indian Ocean to make it difficult for the recovery and investigation, and to hide his hand and embarrass his government.

I was curious to know what options #5, #6, #8, #9, and #13 were?..mainly due to the fact that those options actually have votes.. any paraphrasing would do, just my curiosity getting the best of me..:blushing:

I, personally, find the most likely option to be crashed in the Indian Ocean due to some type of hijacking occurring(as gitana noted upthread that includes even its the flight crew that were involved)..jmo, and more than anything I just hope for especially the families of all passengers/flight crew, whose lives were lost, that they are given answers as to why their loved ones died.

It seems to me that multiple discussions are going on related to the same topic " What do you think happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370?"

Why isn't one enough? I get confused easily. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I was curious to know what options #5, #6, #8, #9, and #13 were?..mainly due to the fact that those options actually have votes.. any paraphrasing would do, just my curiosity getting the best of me..:blushing:

I, personally, find the most likely option to be crashed in the Indian Ocean due to some type of hijacking occurring(as gitana noted upthread that includes even its the flight crew that were involved)..jmo, and more than anything I just hope for especially the families of all passengers/flight crew, whose lives were lost, that they are given answers as to why their loved ones died.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10363263#post10363263"]post 123[/ame]

BBM - pretty much like #1

I was thinking of choosing one of the "modsnip"ped choices for the fun of it, but since I have no idea what was snipped I changed my mind. :wink:

1) Maybe the airplane went into a different dimension.

2) Maybe the pilot and/or co-pilot had other plans for the plane and landed, only to have it be brought back into service for nefarious deeds. In this case, I would suspect they rendered the passengers obsolete when they accelerated suddenly to a higher elevation, cockpit crew having the appropriate protective devices in use.

3) They could have innocently crashed into the ocean.

I tend to think #s 2 or 3 are more likely, but # 1 would certainly be more interesting and less tragic.

I just feel so bad for the passengers and especially their families left to deal with the unknown horror of this whole thing. :please:

I heard they called off the search in the southern Indian Ocean until tomorrow (Friday) because of bad weather. According to this article (with satellite pic of debris), the search has resumed (Friday morning, Australia):

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lines-flight-mh370-satellite-objects/6641689/

I consider the CLOAKING technology was used. I just don't know if the radar is useless or not -at the point of cloaking.

I consider the CLOAKING technology was used. I just don't know if the radar is useless or not -at the point of cloaking.

Had to look it up!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/13/tech/innovation/cloaking-technology/

In a paper published this week in the journal Physical Review X, they describe their new take on cloaking. They're not making objects invisible to the human eye but making them undetectable by radar. They can even control the signals bouncing back to make objects seem larger or smaller than they really are.

Radar works by sending out electromagnetic waves that reflect off objects and bounce back to the detector. In the past, researchers have made things invisible to radar by redirecting the waves around the object. University of Toronto researchers Dr. George Eleftheriades and Michael Selvanayagam took a different approach more suited to large objects.
I don't think it's advanced enough but who knows. Didn't the miltary have GPS way way before the public?

I'm still unsettled on the flight path of MH370 and whether or not they could have detected a plane on that 'arc' that was not MH370. Maybe I too have always liked science fiction too much, but if that Southern arc is no good for some reason, then we seem to have a plane that was last heard of near the Andaman Islands with several hours of fuel left. And, on top of it we have weird sightings that seem believable in the Maldives about 8 am in the morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back