What Exactly Is Happening With Darlie Now?

cami said:
The Federal habeas appeals begin when Darlie files a petition for habeas review with the US 5th District Court. If the writ of habeas corpus is denied by the District Court, the appeal can then move to the US Circuit Court. If the Circuit Court denies the appeal, the inmate can again ask the US Supreme Court for certiorari review. As with certiorari after the direct appeal, the US Supreme Court rarely agrees to hear and consider such cases. If denied a hearing from the US Supreme Court, an execution date is set and the final appeal left to Darlie is to ask for clemency or commutation from the parole board Texas. If this is denied, her execution is carried out, unless another court intervenes for some reason.

I got this info long ago from another poster on c&j, rabid armadillo. Used with her permission.
Thank you. So she has at least another year or two or more before her appeals run out.

mollymalone said:
I'm sure there are those who are open minded, I was referring to those who are closest to her, or the more insistent ones.

I re-read the autopsy reports for the children. Appalling. I don't recall hearing how the abrasions on the children occurred.

Did you know the female author that wrote a book about Darlie that talked about her guilt, then wrote one in favor of her innocence ended up with legal trouble herself?
Yes, I knew her even before she wrote the book. She worked in Fort Worth's Victim assistance office. I was an officer at the time, and was bitten by a man with aids and she was one of the people there who helped me out.
I spoke with her A TON after she changed her mind. She's a very good woman, very well intentioned, but Chris Brown got to her with some bogus information that as far as I know, she believes to this day. I can't blame her for falling for it. I fell for it too, and of all people I should have caught it much earlier than I did.

dasgal said:
Yes, I knew her even before she wrote the book. She worked in Fort Worth's Victim assistance office. I was an officer at the time, and was bitten by a man with aids and she was one of the people there who helped me out.
I spoke with her A TON after she changed her mind. She's a very good woman, very well intentioned, but Chris Brown got to her with some bogus information that as far as I know, she believes to this day. I can't blame her for falling for it. I fell for it too, and of all people I should have caught it much earlier than I did.
Sorry to hear you were bitten like that. Who is Chris Brown?

mollymalone said:

Christopher W. Brown is a first-time "author," who wrote "Media Tried, Justice Denied." He actually believed that he was riding in on a white horse to save Darlie's life, but actually what he did was knock quite a few "not guilties" to "guilties," by providing some of the most damaging photographs available. Apparently, the book has now been "sold out." Some believe that the defense finally wised up and burned all they could (along with the "support Darlie" bumperstickers. :rolleyes:

Jeana (DP) said:
Christopher W. Brown is a first-time "author," who wrote "Media Tried, Justice Denied." He actually believed that he was riding in on a white horse to save Darlie's life, but actually what he did was knock quite a few "not guilties" to "guilties," by providing some of the most damaging photographs available. Apparently, the book has now been "sold out." Some believe that the defense finally wised up and burned all they could (along with the "support Darlie" bumperstickers. :rolleyes:
:doh: I read that thing!! I wasn't impressed.

mollymalone said:
Scared the crud out of me for a few years but everything ended up being ok.
Chris wrote Media Tried/Justice Denied in favor of Darlie. It's the one with all the Crime Scene photos in it.

Edited to add-Oops! Asked and answered. LOL.

dasgal said:
Chris wrote Media Tried/Justice Denied in favor of Darlie. It's the one with all the Crime Scene photos in it.

so, is he still hot for you these days???? ;) ;) ;)

dasgal said:

I can't even imagine your state of mind during that time. Glad it ended up ok. Scary is an understatement! I read that book two and a half weeks ago. You can tell I was so impressed - I forgot the author's name. heh heh. I found it rather slyly written to angle the reader towards feeling that LE was solely to blame for the real killers being left to roam free.

mollymalone said:
I can't even imagine your state of mind during that time. Glad it ended up ok. Scary is an understatement! I read that book two and a half weeks ago. You can tell I was so impressed - I forgot the author's name. heh heh. I found it rather slyly written to angle the reader towards feeling that LE was solely to blame for the real killers being left to roam free.
Yeah, Chris is a trip and a half but sometimes I honestly don't think he believes it in his own heart. I sometimes feel like he sees this as some sort of Celebrity for himself or some kind of way to make money. He's honestly not an idiot and he loves tricking people. He figures if he can trick you, you are stupid. If he can't trick you, then you are someone worthy of his time. I know it's strange but I've known the guy for years. Even like him in his weird ways, but haven't spoken to him at all in about a year. No doubt though, I could pick up the phone right this second and we would be on a one hour call. I just don't want the mind games. I'm pretty much off of the whole side investigative thing and on to my photography and new life. Although I still like reading and discussing the case, I really can't be all that bothered with it anymore. Darlie will eventually die for her crimes. I have finally come to peace with her guilt. It's a hard thing to think of a woman, to plunge a huge knife into the children she gave birth to........but after many years of trying to find a way that she might be innocent, I only found that she soley, is guilty.

dasgal said:
Yeah, Chris is a trip and a half but sometimes I honestly don't think he believes it in his own heart. I sometimes feel like he sees this as some sort of Celebrity for himself or some kind of way to make money. He's honestly not an idiot and he loves tricking people. He figures if he can trick you, you are stupid. If he can't trick you, then you are someone worthy of his time. I know it's strange but I've known the guy for years. Even like him in his weird ways, but haven't spoken to him at all in about a year. No doubt though, I could pick up the phone right this second and we would be on a one hour call. I just don't want the mind games. I'm pretty much off of the whole side investigative thing and on to my photography and new life. Although I still like reading and discussing the case, I really can't be all that bothered with it anymore. Darlie will eventually die for her crimes. I have finally come to peace with her guilt. It's a hard thing to think of a woman, to plunge a huge knife into the children she gave birth to........but after many years of trying to find a way that she might be innocent, I only found that she soley, is guilty.
Like SP, as soon as I heard the circumstances of the case, I felt Darlie was guilty. My op hasn't changed since.

Reading his book, I had the impression that one moment he was praising LE, Darin and Darlie, and then slyly led towards Darlie was guilty and then it was oops! LE pointed the finger too soon, and then lo and behold, she was innocent. The manner in which he did it was so obvious I was disgusted.

I have to say I didn't find the book all that well written. No where near the class of writer as Ann Rule. I think you're right, he got the publicity he was after, but it's not a book I'd have on my shelf. Darlie has x amount of time left and then she'll be executed and Darin and Drake can get on with their lives.

Well it's not as if a book can crucify her, nor can it set her free. The evidence was what it was and no amount of manipulation can change that.

Yes, I agree that she will go to her death, but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

dasgal said:
Well it's not as if a book can crucify her, nor can it set her free. The evidence was what it was and no amount of manipulation can change that.

Yes, I agree that she will go to her death, but I don't think it will be anytime soon.
Several more years at least, depending on the length of time the appeals at this stage usually take.The evidence pointed to one person, and that was Darlie. I saw a statement by Darrin saying he supports her but he doesn't want to be charged with any bs either. Supporting and believing her are two different things. He has his quirks, but this has to be hard for him and Drake.

mollymalone said:
Several more years at least, depending on the length of time the appeals at this stage usually take.The evidence pointed to one person, and that was Darlie. I saw a statement by Darrin saying he supports her but he doesn't want to be charged with any bs either. Supporting and believing her are two different things. He has his quirks, but this has to be hard for him and Drake.

She'll get a little while longer than most people on death row in Texas. No. 1, she's female, they do seem to take longer; No. 2, the transcript errors have slowed things down (and rightly so).

Jeana (DP) said:
She'll get a little while longer than most people on death row in Texas. No. 1, she's female, they do seem to take longer; No. 2, the transcript errors have slowed things down (and rightly so).
I agree.

Is her execution scheduled yet? Whoever is doing her website sure is doing a great job. But it doesn't change the fact that she is guilty as hell.

Kalypso said:
Is her execution scheduled yet? Whoever is doing her website sure is doing a great job. But it doesn't change the fact that she is guilty as hell.

No, not yet.

What was in the latest Court decision about her breast implants? I saw it on her site, and it was a lot to read.

Mary456 said:
The judges have asked Darlie to donate her 36 triple Ds to the boob bank when she dies. :rolleyes:

LOL, Mary.

I see aande is doing a program on women on death row on Tuesday night. I wonder if we'll see Darlie?

Mary456 said:
The judges have asked Darlie to donate her 36 triple Ds to the boob bank when she dies. :rolleyes:
Are you serious?

Kalypso

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500