What have we learned?

I have learned in case after case after case...each one is different, but the elements remain basically the same. Greed, revenge, jealousy, lust, rage, or indifference appear to be a constant thread to tie them together. Class has no affect on the constant and horrid things can be done by people who others would not suspect. Still...they are all scum when the truth comes out and the light dawns on their deeds.

Good point! All the seven deadly sins.

Something that I think was originally missed when this thread was first posted. What have we learned? I have learned that when a child goes missing the one thing that they seem to have in common is that they have been in contact with a registered sex offender and didn't even know it. History has revealed that so many of these precious children were at risk. Please, please know who your neighbors are, know who your families neighbors are. I bet that Haleigh's parents never thought to use their computers to search sex offender registries. Knowledge....because when a child has been taken....it is usually too late.

I think i have learned is to be much more aware of my surroundings. In the event of an emergency, try not to freak out about the situation and give as much information about the situation as you can. Be observant. (if there are others involved try to remember the clothing they were wearing, little things like facial features or scaring....etc.) I think as a part of everyday life, you should always be TRUTHFUL, not matter what the situation, even if it makes you look bad, the truth is the only way to solve the mistery...

IMHO....

I have learned from life experience that those who appear to be guilty usually are.

I have learned that most people are intelligent and can reason things out. If it looks suspicious or not right, then it probably is not right and you need to get to the bottom of it. LE have been doing it a lot longer than me, and they are usually right about what they think, but sometimes they can't always say what they are thinking, because there just isn't enough to support the thought. And I also learned that no matter what I think, it won't change what already happened, so I try to stay opened minded, try on a few pair of shoes and see which ones seem to "feel the best".

I have learned you can't trust the media and they do stories for sensationalism for themselves.There's not enough,well hardly any info on the missing children in this country,unless they can get ratings off of it.And LE needs the public to help find missing kids,if they don't seek help,the case goes cold,as with any crime.

I've been shocked to learn how prevalent SOs are. It's very scary to know so many of our children could be at risk.

I have learned that nothing is as it seems and to trust no one.

I have learned that guilt appears to be entangled with lack of class, money, and education. The past never stays there and the future is not forgiving. One cannot outlive anything ever done in their lifetime because many are there to remind them of what they used to be no matter how far they have come from that place.

I have learned that we as a society need to be more compassionate and less judgmental of people. We need to listen and observe vs jumping to conclusions. We need laws in place to protect children and the families of missing children from greedy ill intentioned outsiders who use a tragedy for personal gain.

I have learned that guilt appears to be entangled with lack of class, money, and education. The past never stays there and the future is not forgiving. One cannot outlive anything ever done in their lifetime because many are there to remind them of what they used to be no matter how far they have come from that place.

Guilt is not related to class, money or education. We need to own our behavior and that includes our past choices and mistakes. If one has difficulty taking responsibility for one's own actions.....stuck in the behavior. You cannot change your behavior until you can admit that the behavior is causing negative consequences in your life...and possibly the lives of others.

I have learned that we as a society need to be more compassionate and less judgmental of people. We need to listen and observe vs jumping to conclusions. We need laws in place to protect children and the families of missing children from greedy ill intentioned outsiders who use a tragedy for personal gain.

We need internet laws to protect society from those of ill intent taking advantage of a child's tragedy.

I have learned that people are easily deceived by those who sound, oh, so knowledgeable - it really is easy to fool some of the people most of the time. I have further learned that truth isn't held by any one player/group of players. Truth stands alone, by itself, and few there be that find the whole truth. Truth is a strange thing with many components, some of which are totally unfathomable unless you are there.

My opinion only

Wow..

I didn't think this thread was still around.

4 months later, I've learned that there is much in this world that I still don't understand.

I've learned that it's easy to become jaded and cynical. Every time I see a new missing child case on the HLN, I have a Pavlovian response of "Oh.. the mom is a crack ***** or she runs with sex offenders... why else would this be on the news?"

That's sad. I hate feeling like that.

Something else that I've learned and have taken to heart... Given that so many other cases have been solved in the meantime.. Quick, responsive, fairly easy resolution.. This matter with Haliegh is beyond our scope. Something obviously out of place... nefarious... elusive.. evil..

When did finding a lost kid become a telivised sport? When did it become a matter of being right, instead of doing what is right?

I've learned that this case has brought out the worst in a lot of people. I'm guilty too.

Wow..

I didn't think this thread was still around.

4 months later, I've learned that there is much in this world that I still don't understand.

I've learned that it's easy to become jaded and cynical. Every time I see a new missing child case on the HLN, I have a Pavlovian response of "Oh.. the mom is a crack ***** or she runs with sex offenders... why else would this be on the news?"

That's sad. I hate feeling like that.

Something else that I've learned and have taken to heart... Given that so many other cases have been solved in the meantime.. Quick, responsive, fairly easy resolution.. This matter with Haliegh is beyond our scope. Something obviously out of place... nefarious... elusive.. evil..

When did finding a lost kid become a telivised sport? When did it become a matter of being right, instead of doing what is right?

I've learned that this case has brought out the worst in a lot of people. I'm guilty too.

I couldn't agree more. There's a lot of elusive going around...

Here is what I have learned over the years.

1. Children of single parent households are at greater risk of danger than children of 2 parent households.

2. Step-parents and live-in lovers account for a great number of child deaths, by acts or omissions.

3. Substance abuse by the parent(s) or other adults living in the home elevates the chances that the child will be injured or die at the hands of the parent(s)/adults living in the house.

4. Children born to very young people are at the greatest risk of sustaining harm or dying while in the care of one or the other or both of those parents, their lovers, or their associates.

I've learned that very few missing children cases are cut and dried. Some are obviously a lot easier to solve, particularly if they find the body, or the child turns up alive and unharmed. But the ones that take months or years to solve are the most frustrating. There are so many elements to consider here. Mixed up families, step parents, step grandparents, even step great grandparents, live-in partners, new bride, various oddball relatives that turn up, even members of the same family who turn against each other. I would be surprised if LE gets the pieces of the puzzle together within this year!
I've learned that cases like this DO bring out the worst in some people, but they also bring out the best in a few. Most of us are sick and tired of these children getting taken and abused and usually killed because of the sick desires of some pervert. We need better laws to protect our children... and we need them NOW!

I have learned that people are extremely vested in the truth that they want to believe. I have learned that as much as I would like to be active in the discussion of what happened to Haleigh, I have neither the restraint nor patience to participate in such contentious debate, so I read, lurk, and admire all of you from a distance.

I have learned to just read and not post too much in this case. There are very strong divisions here. I am one that happens to believe that Ronald and Misty are the two that hold the key to finding out what happened to Haleigh. As long as they are not sitting down with authorities and telling them every little thing they know, then the case is at a standstill almost - unless there is outside information that will come to light.

Media gets pounded because one article will state one thing and another article will state another, and both cannot be right. IF anyone is relying on articles that have been written about this case, then can you really? What I am relying on are the taped interviews with the people involved in this case. You can watch a video interview over and over and it never changes. My opinions on this case revolve on these videos and I know what I see and hear. I hear a way over the top 911 call from Ronald, then him saying he would give his life back for his child's life. Then we have LE coming right out and stating that Misty is inconsistant with her rendition of what happened. Everything for me goes right back to Ronald and Misty and I cannot get past them.

I have learned, as I stated, to just not post very often. The victim here is little Haleigh Cummings and I just want to know where she is and what happened to her. If she is alive, she MUST be found, IF she is no longer alive, than I want the person responsible locked up and prosecuted!

GB little Haleigh. Where is she?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4