What info did Lee A take to the defense team?

Any ideas about what info Lee overheard with his parents that he gave to Jose Baez?

It seemed to me that it was something that he was expecting his parent's to share with JB. I say this, because it was 3 days before he went to JB to share this info. He must have thought it would be a game changer and when it became apparent that his parent's didn't talk to JB about his "info" he took it upon himself to do it.

Maybe another case of being mad because he wasn't invited to this particular "baby shower"?

I think they should throw the whole clan in the can. They all participated in a crime. If not before, they certainly did afterward. From the wrong hairbrush CA gave LE right down to her lying on stand Fri.

Sorry about the rant. ..

TC, Robin

I'm guessing it was HUGE. After thinking about it, LA goes to the defense, what, like last week? and now this week CA and LA are in lock step. If I were to speculate, I say it has something to do with GA and now ICA, CA and LA are all about to toss him smooth under the bus! JMOO :panic:

After thinking about it for awhile, I am not under the impression that it was so big. After all, he said he heard this in the hallway at court. If I have learned anything about these people, they are very private. I cannot imagine them talking about something that was truly explosive on the courthouse steps, so to speak..

TC, Robin

ETA I was mistaken. It wasn't heard in the hallway.

IMO, LA had nothing of any great significance for JB -- no Perry Mason moment!!

Watching the dialogue between KC and LA on the jail tapes was like watching a movie play backwards -- listening and watching something go nowhere.

He laughs inappropriately and is not the brightest bulb on the tree. It appears to take him a very long time to process information, which seems pretty clear cut and twice as long to formulate what he wishes to say.

If something was discussed between GA and CA of great importance, one would think CA would be knocking down the door of JB.

I really think LA's entire session on the stand was scripted and the part about contacting JB office due to something he overheard was illicited by JB and was yet another attempt to show fake division and discord among the family.

I don't buy the family secrets scenario either -- if GA had an affair, of course it was a secret. People don't usually talk about their affairs with their family at the dinner table!!

A very poor attempt IMO.

jimo

I agree. If there was anything that GA and CA knew that could benefit KC I have no doubt that they would be beating down JBs door to let him know. The fact that LA went to JB shows that it would have been something that benefited the defense. There is no way that the As would keep anything that benefited the defense from JB.

I thought it might be as simple as his parents might have in fact cooperated with the SA and gone to prepare for their testimony and maybe he was giving Jose the scoop on what they were going to be questioned about. That was my first thought, especially as JA was questioning him about him refusing to meet to prepare. I tend to think that the Anthonys are a fly by the seat of the pants sorta hot mess. I don't know

I think you're overlooking the fact that there wasn't any need to 'go after' anyone. JG took the bait.

I don't think they went after anyone, or even looked very hard for the father, because they didn't want to share.

JVM said she rode down all 23 floors in the elevator with LA,CA and GA, and that GA turned and faced the wall while LA and CA whispered to each other.

Wow. That is strange. What is up with this family? I watched Caylee's memorial service for the first time tonight. GA struck me as sincere and that he truly loved Caylee. If that is not true he is the best liar I have ever come across. Lee on the other hand......with the CMA? I thought it was bizarre. Very, very odd. And I agree, deeply troubled man.

JB kept asking "what else were you upset/mad about" because he expectedc LA to speak about the sexual abuse at that time.

It is what he "DIDN'T say that JB thinks will resonate to the jury.

C'mon how many grown men are upset about not being included in a sister's pregnancy and plans? I asked my husband what his thoughts were when his sister's were pregnant. He said "it was nice that I would have a neice or nephew, but I really didn't have much to do with it all until they were old enough to go fishing."

He wasn't crying about not being included. He was crying about what he was supposed to say next.

TC, Robin

Even if Caylee didn't look like Mark, that doesn't mean he wasn't the father. For years my daughter looked like two of her paternal aunts...and not her dad.

One of my sons doesn't look a DARN thing like his father, instead, looks just like mine. He is 100% my husband's though!

I've been hung up on iCA and LA's relationship since his testimony and her reaction.

It's how I would have reacted to seeing my own brother in pain.

My brother and I are also close, not a sisterly, emotional close, but a logical- we understand each other, love each other deeply, and confide in each other. We also aren't likely to bring one another to tears. iCA's half smile looked like a painful "don't think that"- per my best description. I would do the same. We also grew up with some dysfunction, a narcissist/Controlling alpha female in the family and I feel like we were a team. The above, and the dynamics of my relationship with my brother make me feel like iCA and LA's relationship might have been the HEALTHIEST out of all of her relationships- further confusing me.

To see my brother hurting would be the most painful out of all of my family members (minus my husband/children)- That was also my perception from iCA's reaction to LA.

MOO- I'm no behavior analyst.

First the defense has no burden of proof... that lies on the shoulders of The State's Attorneys Office, not the defense. As for the photos of Caylee and the pool, those were taken when she was 2 years old and much smaller.

Caylee was certainly much bigger and more agile than when those pictures were taken. Also, remember that CA testified that Caylee loved to "skinny-dip" before getting out of the pool. If she decided to try it on her own... would a 3yo bother to put on a bathing suit?? I am convinced this was a debacle of a cover-up of an tragic, sad, accidental death. JMOO

LongtimeMedic, I understand you to believe that GA orchestrated the cover up. I'm curious what you believe would be GA's motive for a cover up, and if you believe he was behind ICA's two different cover-up stories involving Zanny.

And I wonder why a GA cover-up of the pool accident would end on the first day of the trial, when JB revealed the pool details.

Thanks. :coffeews:

Ok I went back and looked. JBP's order allowing LA to view the trial came on 5/31/11.
His parents filed this same request before the trial even started. Why did he wait so long? I haven't had time to go back and see what day he was there, but I will later this weekend. Have a good one all. You Rock!

I am very interested to know why that day he was there to and never before or after.he has been in court 1 time to my knowledge.

LongtimeMedic, I understand you to believe that GA orchestrated the cover up. I'm curious what you believe would be GA's motive for a cover up, and if you believe he was behind ICA's two different cover-up stories involving Zanny.

And I wonder why a GA cover-up of the pool accident would end on the first day of the trial, when JB revealed the pool details.

Thanks. :coffeews:

I also wonder why a former homicide detective would stage an accidental death to look like a homicide and quite frankly do it so badly. I mean the car reeked of decomposition. Sadly many killers have hidden homicides and their adult victims better. I can't see GA with his experience doing it this way, if he were so inclined. And that is with taking the whole idea of motive out of the picture. Not trying to change anyone's mind just don't understand the whole GA involvement theory.

I also wonder why a former homicide detective would stage an accidental death to look like a homicide and quite frankly do it so badly. I mean the car reeked of decomposition. Sadly many killers have hidden homicides and their adult victims better. I can't see GA with his experience doing it this way, if he were so inclined. And that is with taking the whole idea of motive out of the picture. Not trying to change anyone's mind just don't understand the whole GA involvement theory.

My 5 year old hid his "accidents" better!

IMO this was all ICA and trying to cover up the murder by making it look like a "set up"- being "framed" etc...
BUT she didn't realize she couldn't EVER get rid of the smell.

MY question is what former homocide cop takes home a car smelling like that one did? HAD HE CALLED ORANGE COUNTY RIGHT THEN...
he wouldn't be sitting where he is now...

there is something hinky about why he took the car...
and that COULD lead to one juror thinking, well he tried to hide the car/eveidence for ICA ... so just maybe he tried to hide Caylee for ICA too (make it look like a kidnappier tried to frame ICA for murder)
iT won't work but could have been the line of thinking... on JB's part.

One thing I learned in this trial, was a suggestion of a strategy I've never even heard of before... put on no Defense CIC at all, and send it to the jury now, right after the State's CIC. In this circumstantial case, Vegas odds would have been nearly even money on the verdict.
snipped for space.

hi. i've noticed some of your posts. Do you have a theory on this case? do you think caylee drowned? do you think GA had something to do with a coverup or do you simply believe the state hasn't proved their case?
I have a hard time personally believing there are deep family secrets such as incest. i think they are just truly dysfunctional. i do wonder why GA chose not continue a career in LE instead of taking random jobs tho and i know his ex wife claims he is a liar. cindy is a narcissist it seems, lee is depressed and casey is a sociopath (just an opinion) that combination alone would make deep dysfunction alone without secrets. i think their secrets are that they are just nutty and act strangely but nothing leads me to believe the secrets are deep or sinister. what are your thoughts?

I think Cindy and George are tied together tighter then they ever have been before. I bet they have a million dollar book or movie deal in the works. They will stick together.

But I think GA would make more money if he left her and told the world what CA and ICA did!GA to me seems like he is NOT willing to do this.I will know when he takes the stand again!

An ex-homicide detective would use that kind of a scenario, as that's the kind of evidence and investigation an ex-homicide detective would be most familiar with... if that person had something to hide that is. moo

what would GA have to hide? an accident would have far less investigating than a "kidnapping". think of all the anthony's have had to expose. phone records taken, computer hard drives taken, microscope on the family's private lives and conversations. ex homicide LE would know what to expect from a full on investigation of kidnapping vs an accident. if GA had something to hide why would he expose his family to this very public microscope. I would think secrets would be far more exposed for a missing child case than a drowning. I mean we arent hearing about April Whelers family secrets and her child drowned. I never even heard her story until this trial and I lived in Florida at the time. Its just too far fetched to think they would be so afraid of secrets being exposed over a drowning. what are your thought on that?

That is the main problem they have now with this George cover up theory. The ONLY way they can rationalize the horrible sloppy way the body was disposed of is if he was actually FRAMING Casey. So it seems like they are now kind of going that direction, with inferences that he had control of the duct tape and the car keys and he would be the only one to dress her in size 24 mo. shorts.

So I am curious how they are going to explain WHY he would offer to cover up an accident, by framing her for MURDER?

One thing I learned in this trial, was a suggestion of a strategy I've never even heard of before... put on no Defense CIC at all, and send it to the jury now, right after the State's CIC. In this circumstantial case, Vegas odds would have been nearly even money on the verdict.

snipped for space.

hi. i've noticed some of your posts. Do you have a theory on this case? do you think caylee drowned? do you think GA had something to do with a coverup or do you simply believe the state hasn't proved their case?
I have a hard time personally believing there are deep family secrets such as incest. i think they are just truly dysfunctional. i do wonder why GA chose not continue a career in LE instead of taking random jobs tho and i know his ex wife claims he is a liar. cindy is a narcissist it seems, lee is depressed and casey is a sociopath (just an opinion) that combination alone would make deep dysfunction alone without secrets. i think their secrets are that they are just nutty and act strangely but nothing leads me to believe the secrets are deep or sinister. what are your thoughts?

I think it goes something like this. CA rules the home. Early on she turned on GA, complaining about him to her children and apparently from many statements we have seen the children learn not to respect him. CA then excludes LA and GA from a lot of personal information she shares with her daughter KC and makes KC feel special. This all works out fine until along comes Caylee. Now CA is showering all that attention she shared with KC onto Caylee. Caylee now is the special child which means KC no longer can say "mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" It's Caylee. That is the dynamics of this family. No great secrets just a Mom in full control of the household and no one better cross her.

CA has shown on the stand how much she controls things to the point that she thinks she can fool SA about her timesheets, dry sheets in the car and every other false statement she has made. Not misstatements on her part but a deliberate attempt to twist the truth to fit into her plan.

The reason Caylee is dead is because of the dynamics of the women in that household....not the men. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back