What really happened

I would be very surprised if the claims were true in regard to TM and his Equusearch organization. One of the first things they teach you as a TES member is "it's not your responsibility to find out who did it". Only to find the missing person. I know that TM stipulated that Misty take a test before he would consider coming back to search for Haleigh as up to that point, there was no direction to go in. But for him to condone such a scheme to allow Donna B. to become buddy/buddy with Misty for the sake of gaining information is totally outside his character or his mode of operation. I just don't swallow everything that was written in that article. IMO, Donna B. interjected HERSELF into this case for HER 15 minutes of fame and has very little to do with TM or TES. I would love to know if she is still a member.

In the State of Florida, of course you are allowed to own a gun if you have a license for it. It's also the law in Florida that you have to have those guns locked up so there is no access to them by a child. If there is an accident where the child has gained access to it, YOU go to prison and it is enforced.
And this story showing up on Art Harris's site has created an unmitigated mess. His blog entries need to be taken with a huge grain of salt, IMO, if not the whole shaker.

They weren't in PUBLIC, where you and I and the rest of the world could see. If I said something in my home, in the presence of my family, I would hope not to see it published on the internet to further someone else's interests. I don't think it matters if Junior was present or not for this alleged gun incident; if Ron is making threats against others or himself, there are a number of people who could have intervened quickly. It interests me that Miller's story comes out now, when he has himself been somewhat discredited after this latest mess. I am listening now to Marc Klaas suggesting that Miller should be arrested for interfering in an investigation. He is also reminding everyone that his daughter Polly's mother slept through her abduction and did the Smart and Van Damm families when their daughters were kidnapped.

Regarding the road rage story, so far we just have the statements of the people who look bad as a result of DB's and Misty's behavior. We do not know what bad blood may already exist between Tim Miller and his crew and the Cummings family. Certainly, Ron is right not to trust Tim Miller, since whatever he tells Miller will end up in the media. And who's to say that DB would accurately represent anything Misty told her, or would go to LE instead of---to the internet? LE's best chances to resolve this case is if the amateurs stay out of it. The fringe players just keep the drama stirred up and are, for the most part, out for either their own aggrandizement or money, now or later down the road.

As to whether Ron is "innocent"--of what? I don't believe he murdered his daughter. Clearly, he is young and hot-headed, and he made a disastrous choice trusting his children with Misty. Now, he can either be distraught about his missing daughter and potentially enraged at Misty or he is in cahoots with her to cover up a murder. Probably not both. I pick door #1.
The worst part of this all is that so much effort and focus has been spent on those who may have acted weird and potentially guilty that, if they are not (which at this point I'm suspecting more than ever), then the real Haleigh abductor is scott free and is less and less likely to be found as more time passes.

Interesting post, Whisper. I didn't know all of the information surrounding how Ron got custody. Thanks for filling in.
Also, are you and I the only ones here who believe Ron married Misty, not because it's what Haleigh would have wanted, or that he wanted to keep his "enemy close," but to keep from being charged with statuary rape for his relationship with a 16-17 year old?
The day Ron got down on his knees and proposed, I knew he was ducking a possible charge. I still believe that!

Yeah, kinda. I don't believe that it was because "It's what Haleigh would have wanted." But I also don't believe it was because he was worried about statutory rape charges. I believe it was to have someone to take the fall for whatever did happen to Haleigh. [And I don't pretend to know what, exactly, that was.]

Just my opinion, though. [Whatever that's worth, lol.]

I think it's possible that Ron had, for the first time, some feedback on how his lifestyle looked to people outside his own circle, particularly his relationship with a girl under 18. He can't be unaware of how many people see him and the others involved in this case. It may be that he understood that his living with a young girl out of wedlock would be a continuing distraction from the search for Haleigh, which depends in part on media interest in the child. Certainly, parents who make a good impression get better treatment in the media.

Regarding the question above posed by Baznme as to whether Miller was actually involved in the road rage/undercover with Misty incident: Miller's attorney on NG confirms his involvement. I agree with you that his organization usually does not do this sort of crazy stuff. He's done good work; let's hope that this is a one-time problem.

I think it's possible that Ron had, for the first time, some feedback on how his lifestyle looked to people outside his own circle, particularly his relationship with a girl under 18. He can't be unaware of how many people see him and the others involved in this case. It may be that he understood that his living with a young girl out of wedlock would be a continuing distraction from the search for Haleigh, which depends in part on media interest in the child. Certainly, parents who make a good impression get better treatment in the media.

Regarding the question above posed by Baznme as to whether Miller was actually involved in the road rage/undercover with Misty incident: Miller's attorney on NG confirms his involvement. I agree with you that his organization usually does not do this sort of crazy stuff. He's done good work; let's hope that this is a one-time problem.

BBM. Miller was there in the car roadraging with the best of them, or had ordered Donna to get crazy on the road, and his attorney confirmed this on NG?

I don't really understand why Misty's stay with Donna is described as undercover. Misty ought to have known from the start that Donna was connected with Tim and TES because that's how she came to know her. They were MS friends as well and Donna had plenty of TES photos on her site.

Regarding stat rape charges...Ron was 25 when he had sex with Misty. She was 16 at the time. Normally, it would have not brought attention but since the Haleigh case became media fodder, RC was brought right into the spotlight and waas being judged. LE decided at the time, IMO, not to bring the charges due to his missing daughter but RC made the decision to cover and erase the charges just in case they were filed later.

..........he was looking at about a 22 year sentence for being over 24 and she being under 17. This would be a real good reason to marry her...IMO.

.........IN this case, keeping your enemies close can be justified. She could have easily pressed charges on him if she chose.

Wait a sec...brainstorm here..that is why he is going for divorce instead of annulment. If he filed annulment that would mean the marriage did not exist; therefore, make him eligible for arrest.....hmmmm.

Isn't it interesting that a little girl is missing and we are all taking sides as to whether Tim Miller is a savior of lost children or overstepping his bounds and playing detective.
I know on one of my posts where I questioned the truth in Art Harris' blog and suggested I would be satisified to see and hear Miller state on tv that yes he did witness Ron's threat with the gun, someone posts that Tim Miller works with LE and not against them.
Think about it folks. Would law enforcement, working an important case of a missing little girl for 8 months, give a nod to a citizen with no law enforcement background to conduct his own investigation and engage another untrained civilian (DB) to go undercover to gather information?
I suppose that I question this entire event because I've been associated with LE in my newspaper reporting days and this whole idea sounds like a plot for Law & Order episode. In my experience, Cops rarely ask for outside help. They usually have undercover personel who do this sort of thing and they use civilian sources,(informants) they have learned to trust and have used over and over again. And these informants rarely have direct contact with the suspects but work the fringes with people in the know about the person in the sportlight.
While Haleigh's disappearance is under investigation we are not going to have LE announce publically their tatics or whether or not Tim Miller is working with them.
I don't know who to believe in this situation. Is Harris reporting correctly? Or is Miller so compasionate about this case that he has taken it upon himself to solve this mystery?
Think about it folks. Sleep on it. Maybe in the morning you will discover that you all need much more information and clairfication from Harris and Miller as to what has really taken place. I'm just saying it's far to early to take sides.
Goodnight!

Wait a sec...brainstorm here..that is why he is going for divorce instead of annulment. If he filed annulment that would mean the marriage did not exist; therefore, make him eligible for arrest.....hmmmm.

Ohhhhh, good point.

Donjeta, Sorry I wasn't clear. Miller came up with the idea to send DB off traveling with Misty. Miller's lawyer gives two different reasons at two different points--the "getting information about Haleigh" reason and the "getting Misty away from Ron because of the gun" reason. According to the lawyer, DB is a volunteer with TES and Miller bankrolled the trip.

Yep, people got sidetracked again AZ. The point is the substance. TM has no reason to make up the story. RC did not deny it either...so it happened. He used his double speak again..correct?

...I don't recall saying that, but if I did, it was due to emotional stress.
...He also absolutely doesn't EVER recall THAT block being in front of the screen door but if he did ThAT particular BLOCK was not the block he saw.
...if it is a possibility that Misty was not there, he doesn't know anything about it..
...Whoever is responsible for this...well...that's who did it.

There are so many...whenever he opens his mouth, he spills another pearl.

We have every reason to believe that RC did and said that with the gun. We have heard similar things before. It is a tragic situation all around. He is dangerous and to many extremely intimidating.

Maybe lining up the custody papers with his court and arrests records would bring it more to light. You may want to consider the fact that the court awarded him custody the day he appeared w/o Crystal due to the wrong addresss sent to the wrong city. He knew where CS lived. He won by default.
Common trick used in Civil Courts by petitioneers...winning by default..they will arrange for court dates when they know the respondent is out of town, give wrong addresses to court, etc.

Ron's lack of comment on the gun story doesn't mean the story is true any more that it means that the story is not true. It just means that he didn't comment on it. And I'm not saying it didn't happen. To understand the story, we would need some details: when did this happen, exactly? what was the context for Ron's alleged remarks? What did Tim Miller say before and after? What did Ron say before and after? My point is that this incident, if it happened, was part of a larger interaction, a private interaction. We don't know the whole context or even when it happened. We have one side of a story made public to a blogger on the internet, who doesn't have even the most minimal obligation to contact the other individual in the story. Even the worst tabloid will make the call and say, "Mr. X had no comment."

I think it's quite possible that Miller is concerned that LE will have some questions for him about Misty's whereabouts and the road rage incident-- and the gun story was a way of explaining how it came to be that Misty and one of his volunteers were attacking a driver on the highway. It would be hard to tell LE, "I decided to run an undercover sting operation on Misty with an untrained woman prone to road rage." "Protecting Misty from Ron" and "saving the investigation from Ron" sounds a lot better. That would also explain leaking the story to a blog rather than making a statement to the media himself. "If Ron kills Misty we'll never find Haleigh" is a ridiculous statement that the blogger can cloak in some credibility. According to his own story, Ron only threatened to kill Misty IF HE FOUND OUT SHE WAS INVOLVED. So by his Miller's own logic, the case would have been solved. How else to we explain leaking the story to a blogger rather than calling LE when it supposedly happened? Or better yet, calling Ron's attorney and suggesting that he make a counselor available to Ron to help him deal with the rage he is feeling and get the dang guns out of the house, pronto?

Regarding stat rape charges...Ron was 25 when he had sex with Misty. She was 16 at the time. Normally, it would have not brought attention but since the Haleigh case became media fodder, RC was brought right into the spotlight and waas being judged. LE decided at the time, IMO, not to bring the charges due to his missing daughter but RC made the decision to cover and erase the charges just in case they were filed later.

..........he was looking at about a 22 year sentence for being over 24 and she being under 17. This would be a real good reason to marry her...IMO.

.........IN this case, keeping your enemies close can be justified. She could have easily pressed charges on him if she chose.

Ron turned 25 in October. He was 24 when he began dating Misty.

Something tells me that stat rape charges are NOT high on the PCSO's "to-do" list. Look at NayNay's baby's father. NayNay is 19 now. D.S. her daughter's father is 48. I don't remember how old the child is, but I believe NayNay was a minor when the child was born. This man is NOT in jail and still walking free. Clearly, LE in PC doesn't place stat rape as a priority. IMO, Ron was in no danger of being arrested for dating Misty, and even if charges WERE filed, he never would have served 22 years for dating Misty who was almost 17 years old. There is a close in age exemption in FL, and these two were borderline on that exemption. Does it make it right? Nope, but there's no way he'd have served the time YOU are claiming he would have - if any. IMO.

Maybe lining up the custody papers with his court and arrests records would bring it more to light. You may want to consider the fact that the court awarded him custody the day he appeared w/o Crystal due to the wrong addresss sent to the wrong city. He knew where CS lived. He won by default.
Common trick used in Civil Courts by petitioneers...winning by default..they will arrange for court dates when they know the respondent is out of town, give wrong addresses to court, etc.

Crystal was personally served on Oct. 5th. If she did not show up to the first hearing, it was by choice and she used the "wrong address" as an excuse.

Ron did not win by default. There was a 2nd hearing held and Ron still was awarded custody.

Let's all keep in mind that this case went on for several years. The TWO documents you are seeing online are NOT the only documents in this case. They are the only ones YOU are seeing. In order to view the complete file, you need to order them. The complete set has a LOT more information available within and perhaps will enlighten you even more as to WHY Ron has custody of his children.

HERE is a snippet that SHOWS Crystal was served. She DID receive notice.

petition2.jpg

Pittsburgirl, when I say public, he was not alone, he had TM and his son there in the room if the reports are true. This is a terrible thing whether you understand that or not.

I made a mistake, Jr. is not his youngest child, I just wanted to correct that, I forgot for a few moments.

And I can only rely on my personal feelings about Ron contacting Misty to let her know of DB's intentions. It has the appearance of evil and a grieving father who was desperate to find his child would be praying for a break in the case and his child to be returned, not ratting out any person who was trying to help in that end. I stand by my first statement, this is fishy. There is no excuse.

Atherella.

Ron turns 26 on the 29th of this month. He had turned 25 when he was bedding Misty at the age of 16. Narrow window for heavy sentence but he qualified for being over the age of 24 when he was sleeping with a minor of 16.

Crystal was personally served on Oct. 5th. If she did not show up to the first hearing, it was by choice and she used the "wrong address" as an excuse.

Ron did not win by default. There was a 2nd hearing held and Ron still was awarded custody.

Let's all keep in mind that this case went on for several years. The TWO documents you are seeing online are NOT the only documents in this case. They are the only ones YOU are seeing. In order to view the complete file, you need to order them. The complete set has a LOT more information available within and perhaps will enlighten you even more as to WHY Ron has custody of his children.

HERE is a snippet that SHOWS Crystal was served. She DID receive notice.

petition2.jpg

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu25/Haleighphotobucket/petition2.jpg

I am not able to pull this up...so I need for you to show me. Is this a copy of the paperwork and her address?

since I posted I just saw a sentence that says she received a personal notice. That sentence tells me nothing. It is snipped and clipped and placed in a photobucket.

Crystal would not have missed her court date....she was committed to going. She went for the repeat and it was pretty obvious the same judge was not going to change his uni reasearched and snappy opinion for anyone. He never even checked RC's arrest and conviction for drugs. Nor did he pay attention that placing the children with RC would be dangerous.

It is your opinion and conviction that RC is a wonderful, loving parent. I understand this about your posts. I do not agree. His temperment, past arrests and present behavior dictates that not to be valid in my opinion.

The sentence that was posted in photobucket shows nothing but somebody saying she was served. Maybe you can find the process server who delivered the message to her in Glen St. Mary, but actually, I don't think he/she exists. Seems like more Ron spin or his attorney spin to me.

Ron tricked her and continues to exhibit similar behavior by his use of double speak. Crystal appears truthful to a fault....Ron, NOT so much...My Opinion

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu25/Haleighphotobucket/petition2.jpg

I am not able to pull this up...so I need for you to show me. Is this a copy of the paperwork and her address?

Petition for what? Custody. Yeah RC filed for custody and she filed a response that she didn't agree and would fight it. We were all aware of that. This was not the hearing that she was referring to. This was the original petition for custody. This was not the notice of the Hearing date. The judge stated that the notification of the hearing on December 5, 2005 went to the incorrect address.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back