What was Casey's plan?

I think it was premeditated at least for however long Casey had been planning on moving out with Amy and Cindy had been saying that it was time for her to move out. I think Casey had already been caught stealing money from her parents and had been caught not really working at least twice since Caylee was born. Cindy said lies and betrayal began after the birth, chances to change were given then lies and betrayal again. There was the new boyfriend and George was going to work. The neighbor heard big arguments and Caylee had no daddy for Casey to turn to for help. She had been caught in that big lie at some point. I even believe that the attempt to move in with Amy could have even been a premeditated con to steal her money while she was away on her vacation. To me, there's way more evidence to suggest premeditation that just snapping suddenly. Just my opinion/theory if Casey should be charged with this crime.

This is just speculation but her plan seemed to be ~ move in with the new boyfriend without the child who had become a burden to the new, single life she wanted. Mom & Dad didn't like to babysit every night while she was at his apt., there was a big fight on Father's Day between her & parents (overheard by the neighbor) which I think had to do with her leaving Caylee with them all the time, and the following day Casey took care of her "problem". After the fact, part of the cover up could've been to have the car stolen to make it look like a carjacking and/or blame the nanny, whichever scenario would seem more believable. MOO only!! :)

Actually there is a problem with the carjacking theory. Tony picked her up when it "broke" down or "ran out of gas" (I have heard both).

Actually there is a problem with the carjacking theory. Tony picked her up when it "broke" down or "ran out of gas" (I have heard both).

But Casey doesn't seem to have a problem with telling lies that are easily disproved.

I wonder if there are any credit cards that Casey took out in Cindy or Amy's names. Casey could have been waiting to get approved. She had plenty of time to rifle through Amy's things getting all her information. I also think she has some money socked away or even buried. Casey didn't want car theft pinned on her by Cindy, so that must be why she didn't take off in the car. The big mistake was how she caused the car to smell and the way she ditched it though.

If Casey had a premeditated plan...what was it? It was obviously not a very good plan.
Lets see: Murder my baby. borrow a shovel from neighbor. Bury baby somewhere. return shovel. steal gas from parents. Tell parents Caylee is with babysitter and tell BF Caylee is with parents. No one will ever miss her!!!!

I've tried to do reverse planning and I'm unable to come up with anything that makes any sense if it was planned.

If it was not planned and it was an accident...what was her plan to cover it up? tell parents she is with babysitter and tell friends she is with parents. They will never miss her!

It was not the kidnapped theory because she would have reported it immediately and come up with unknown person taking Caylee, not babysitter that does not exist and police can verify...so stupid!!!!

Then once her mom found her, why say 31 days???? why not improvise and say it was that night? You know when Cindy wanted her to take her to Caylee, why not drive to Sawgrass. Knock on the door. Grow frantic when no one answered. and pretend at that point that Caylee was then missing with Cindy as a witness.
She purposely dug a deeper grave for herself by saying 31 days.

Either there is a lot we don't know, or she is the dumbest criminal in the history of criminals.
JMHO:confused:

Casey would have had it made for how long?
If only she had drowned the car.
Then no tow truck would have had to tow it away.
The tow truck company would not have had to notify the parents.

I blame the car myself for all of this...
it stinks!!

Something about the car is bothering me. Supposedly Casey called her boyfriend Tony to pick her up when she left the car at the check cashing place. Now if her story was that it had run out of gas, wouldn't his reaction have been to get some gas in it? If the story was that something was wrong with the car and it quit running, wouldn't a young man want to take a look under the hood? Wouldn't he have had the sense that you just don't leave a car at a business for days on end, or did she give him a few lies and tell him her dad was going to be picking it up and nothing was needing to be done about it? Even then, I'd think he might at least drive by and check to see if the car was still there. I'd really like to know what Tony has to say about all of this and also if he had gone near the car and was able to smell the decomp.

VB

Something about the car is bothering me. Supposedly Casey called her boyfriend Tony to pick her up when she left the car at the check cashing place. Now if her story was that it had run out of gas, wouldn't his reaction have been to get some gas in it? If the story was that something was wrong with the car and it quit running, wouldn't a young man want to take a look under the hood? Wouldn't he have had the sense that you just don't leave a car at a business for days on end, or did she give him a few lies and tell him her dad was going to be picking it up and nothing was needing to be done about it? Even then, I'd think he might at least drive by and check to see if the car was still there. I'd really like to know what Tony has to say about all of this and also if he had gone near the car and was able to smell the decomp.

VB

...and if George was coming by to get the car (that was "broken"), how was he going to get to the repair shop...does he have a tow truck? And why wouldn't George just pick Casey up if the story were legit? OR why didn't George have Casey call AAA or a tow company, or do it on her behalf?

If my daughter had called me saying her car broke down, I'd have called a tow company and picked her up myself.

I've wondered about Tony's role in all of this too!

Obviously Casey learned to bat her eyelashes quite effectively, if NO ONE will demand a simple answer to a simple question!!! Funny, I think of the snake in the Jungle Book when I picture Casey spinning her tales! :snake:

My thoughts on the car breaking down. It is possible that if the car was left on the night of the 26th or on the date of the 27th, that with that being the weekend, Casey may have thought she would get it at the beginning of the week but then by the 30th, Monday, it was already towed. OR, she just didnt have any money for gas to put in it at those dates. Lee mentioned she pushed it in, sounds like only Casey or Tony could have told him that so do not know how reliable it is, she's mighty small to be pushing a car unless Tony helped her when she called him. Honestly, some young folks don't have sense to realize when a car is out of gas and not broke down. I can't count how many times we as parents have "repaired" our kids cars that were supposedly "broke down" when we only put gas in! I'm just not sure Casey was ditching the car. I've also heard Cindy say that Casey's purse was left on the seat. I've heard that a key was left in the switch. I've heard that the tow service assisted George with gas when he picked up the car. It is possible that George used the gas from his own cans if they were in the trunk and not empty yet. As for the purse, it seems Casey had lots of purses because in a call to Lee, she mentioned checking some of her purses left in her bags from Tony's house for the lost phone. I've also heard Cindy state that "we" don't know if Casey was the last one driving that car. I think I heard her mutter something about the seat was pulled back. (Casey is short but George would have had to move the seat to drive it home.) And another remark Cindy made was "a few days after Casey showed up with the gas cans in her trunk, that a friend of hers took the car and had the gas gauge repaired". That remark could have been in case the gauge would be checked, or it could have been to put the car in someone else's care besides Caseys at one time or another. You might think Casey didn't want her parents to know she was in town and would not contact them about her car problem for that reason. It really doesn't make a lot of sense for Casey to show up at home on the 24th and then not contact her parents about her car being towed. If she could be home on that day, why would it matter about her being "in town" on a few days later? But then again, sigh, do we know for sure she DID show up at home on the 24th or were the cans in the car when it was brought home? While I'm at it, I might as well add another thing that doesn't make sense. Cindy had already been in the car to remove the pants, we dont know if George had already removed the gas cans, or the bag of pizza and detergent, but if Cindy had been in the car, she smelled it. But then why the delayed reaction on the 911 call about it smelling like a dead body? For some reason, Cindy did not work that day and if George worked, he either got off before 3 or went in late. I can say this much. If my child and grandchild's car was towed in, with a child seat in it or not, I would have been calling BEFORE I picked up the car to find out why! I would not clean it out at home before I got to the bottom of why it was abandoned. I would not take pants out and leave shoes in it for if I was cleaning, why leave 2 pr of shoes? Once, my sons car smelled from leaving a whole chicken carcass in the floorboard and that smell saturated everything in the car and everything, everyone that got inside it! I poured baking soda over the entire car but it took weeks to get the smell out. My gdaughter had actually rode in the car and her hair, her coat, her clothing, all smelled like something dead. These are all my thoughts and there are not many facts to back these statements up so take them with a grain of salt and consider them "opinion". As far as preplanning, Cindy stated that Casey had made lists of Caylees fav foods and stuff and the lists were left in her drawer. Casey was posting to Amy about moving in together on the same weekend that Caylee was last seen. Could that be preplanning? Thanks.

If Casey had a premeditated plan...what was it? It was obviously not a very good plan.
Lets see: Murder my baby. borrow a shovel from neighbor. Bury baby somewhere. return shovel. steal gas from parents. Tell parents Caylee is with babysitter and tell BF Caylee is with parents. No one will ever miss her!!!!

I've tried to do reverse planning and I'm unable to come up with anything that makes any sense if it was planned.

If it was not planned and it was an accident...what was her plan to cover it up? tell parents she is with babysitter and tell friends she is with parents. They will never miss her!

It was not the kidnapped theory because she would have reported it immediately and come up with unknown person taking Caylee, not babysitter that does not exist and police can verify...so stupid!!!!

Then once her mom found her, why say 31 days???? why not improvise and say it was that night? You know when Cindy wanted her to take her to Caylee, why not drive to Sawgrass. Knock on the door. Grow frantic when no one answered. and pretend at that point that Caylee was then missing with Cindy as a witness.
She purposely dug a deeper grave for herself by saying 31 days.

Either there is a lot we don't know, or she is the dumbest criminal in the history of criminals.
JMHO:confused:

the problem with the "no plan" theory is that she is not that one dimensional. She managed to lie to her family and friends for several years about Universal! So something does not fit here. I can't believe that she thought she would get away with it and no one would ask about Caylee...no she is dumb but not that dumb. Scott and OJ both had pretty good plans...not fool proof but still pretty good. Hers is just plain retarded. Mental age of a 2 year old.
There is something that we are missing her in this puzzle.

I agree - this lack of planning is strange. I believe the death was an accident but she had many days after that to formulate a plan. She did steal the money and checks from Amy so maybe that was for a getaway? Just in case she needed to leave suddenly? I do think she was so used to being able to con her parents that she didn't expect them to call the police on her like that. She probably figured she could bolt after they really started to pressure her. Instead they called the police.

When CA showed up unexpectedly at TonE's place with Amy's help - one would think KA would have refused to get in the car. If there was a big fight which prompted KA to leave with her daughter in a huff, I could have see her standing her ground and telling CA to leave. She seemed to be submissive to CA ordering her into the car.

I think she meant to disappear for every. She didn't know the town company would send a letter to the family but in case they found the car she left he purse and stuff inside so that it would look like she was kidnapped.

I really don't think she did much planning(if any) at all. I have a couple of theories in mind but none of them have any real plan. If anything, leaving the car *may* have been the only planned part.

I also think that if any of those 'flurrys' had been answered everyone may know what happened. I think she was going to tell what had really happened, didn't get an answer and knew that she couldn't tell later. There would be too many question like 'why didn't you call the police', etc. Since her mom caught her off guard, she wasn't planning on saying anything yet, who knows if years might have gone by?? She could go with her kidnapped story and I truly think that she thought she could convice her parents that it wasn't safe to call the police.

It also could be possible that there WAS a plan and the flurry was involved in that. Maybe she had disposed of Caylee, got herself all worked up to call her parents to tell them of the kidnapping but when they didn't answer she had to drop that 'plan' for the same reasons as noted above....they would wonder why she just didn't call the police.

Either way, accidental or intentional, calling with the truth or with a lie....I think the flurry of phone calls meant something but no other real planning was involved.

At this point, it looks premeditated but not in the way a normal person would plan it. She has always lied her way out of things and it has served her well up to now. I think that was her plan: to tell whatever lie necessary to the individual and just make sure they never meet. She has so much confidence in her lying abilities she wasn't worried about it. Also don't forget she told AL that she was planning PLAN B and he told her he didn't want to hear it. So obviously her plan A fell apart.

I just have to vent on something here...there was a guy (I think an attorney) on Nancy Grace tonight, he said that "this wasn't murder, it was either an accident or a crime of passion". Um, hello, what the hell is a 'crime of passion'? is that a legal term? what the hell does that mean??? a crime of passion is still MURDER! arrrghhh...to me, if you kill someone, it's murder. plain and simple. I don't care if it was 'impulsive' or not, or if she lost control.

sorry maybe this should have gone in the rant thread...NG immediately shut him down for being stupid. I am loving Nancy Grace right now.

I don't know what I think about premeditation before the fact. It seems a lot of things in her life were unraveling, being revealed. No job, stealing, resentment at being a tied down single mother still answering to her parents. She was sleeping with multi guys, so needing affirmation, then latched onto TL. I think it was all pushing toward a rupture with her family. She wanted to party down with the single crowd; they probably expected her to be a more responsible mother while living under their roof. Something happened that made her leave with Caylee, rather than leave her behind. Major battle for control. Was moving into Tony's with Caylee an option?? How mad was she at her mother? If she had a terrible accident with Caylee within mere hours of moving out on her own with her, that has to be the most horrible piece of bad luck and coincidence ever. Ever.

She did what she did and she went to TL's, where she did feel safer and calmer. I think she may have meant to leave eventually, but she liked this little interlude in her life, being a perfect GF, forgetting while she was having fun. This couldn't go on forever with her parents right in the same city, though, calling and wanting to see their granddaughter. I think she had a rough "plan" to leave. We know now the car drop off worked because she lied to TL, and then he left for a while. While he was gone, she got her moral support from being around Amy. She had a man on the line in CA. Maybe she was just going to run. Maybe the car was going to be part of a story of carjacking and kidnapping. Casey would maybe/maybe not turn up again somewhere with a story; Caylee wouldn't turn up. Thinking about this is too creepy, but that's my general idea. A certain amount of going with the flow, but a sort of plan.

Whatever her plan was, she didnt think it through which leads me to think she is not that bright. I dont think she could say that Caylee had only been missing a day or two when confronted by her mom, because Tony and others had not seen Caylee in over a month. So her story could not hold up. She at least realized that. It seems as though Cindy is naive or completely ignorant, because I read that Casey has lied to her in the past and Cindy has defended her and/or let her get away w/ the lies. So perhaps Casey thought if she told her mom Caylee was taken by the nanny and they couldn't contact police for fear that Caylee would be harmed, that her mom would not call 911. So when her mom did call 911 she had to come up w/ a more detailed story.

One thing I thought Nancy G. said last night that was interesting...
Premeditated murder can happen when you pick up the weapon and commit it. It doesn't have to be well planned out in advance.

The plan may have been to wait awhile after the big blow up on Father's Day, put Cindy off, then claim a kidnapping by a Mexican babysitter. There could be a demand for a ransom which would get Casey sympathy, more money, and an excuse for stealing from Cindy. Casey probably didn't want to let go of the car for as long as possible and I still say getting it stinky and hanging around at Tony's saying Caylee was with the nanny was the big mistake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back