Whitney & Bobby divorcing

Didn't they threaten to divorce once before? I hope this is for real this time. I agree that Bobby totally ruined Whitney. She may be on drugs big time, but I believe it's Bobby's influence that got her to where she is.

englishleigh said:
Didn't they threaten to divorce once before? I hope this is for real this time. I agree that Bobby totally ruined Whitney. She may be on drugs big time, but I believe it's Bobby's influence that got her to where she is.
I agree too- I am not saying an addict is not at fault for the habit once exposed to it-but it did not help to have such a total loser of a husband ..between them they have become the laffing stock of the entertainment biz..its a tragedy that they have brought kids into their whacky crracky world.
Whitney needs to want to quit-it might happen if she is divorced and has noone to enable her or share this with..but money pply buys enablers..its hard to hit a bottom when u have people cleaning up your messes.

Please note when beginning a thread in any of the News forums a link to mainstream media must be included ..

TY

izzyB said:
i pray that she DOES leave bobby and get help!

She's been to rehab 3 times (that have been reported). I think she's so far gone now that whether Bobby is there or not won't make a bit of difference. So sad. When my daughter was a baby, I'd turn on MTV (yes, back when they actually played music) and anytime something by Whitney came on she'd dance and clap and yell! It was so cute.

I feel so sorry for their daughter and thank God they never had any more kids.

Truly heartbreaking. Her voice was beautiful.

I remember all the rumors of miscarriages, and I think she probably had some of those due to her crack/cocaine use. She looks terrible. And rehab isn't going to help her unless she actually wants to be there to clean up.

A side note....My youngest BIL's girlfriend got hooked on crack. She went from having a full-ride scholarship to college to being kicked out in less than six months after first using. She recently overdosed on some sort of pain medicine that she took so she could come down off of the crack to sleep. Her mom got a judge to sign an order to put her in rehab. But, she doesn't want to be there or get clean, so this month and all that money is being wasted on someone who will probably be high within an hour of leaving the facility. It just sickens me. Especially since there are so many people who want to get off of crack and meth but can't get into a facility.

No one is responsible for Whitney's drug habit but Whitney. Just like no one but my BIL's girlfriend is responsible for her habit.

Quoting the original tez:

No one is responsible for Whitney's drug habit but Whitney. Just like no one but my BIL's girlfriend is responsible for her habit.

You are exactly right in my opinion. Until Whitney wants and seeks help, no one else can help her. I have never felt it was Bobby's fault that Whitney takes drugs--it was her decision. People make their own choices. I don't care for Bobby at all, but I don't blame him for the shape Whitney is in.

I feel sorry for Whitney and I hope she will one day soon want to get some help. I also feel very sorry for her daughter. I am surprised she hasn't been taken away if things are as bad as they sound.

I may have posted this some time back, but will repost here.

My ex-husband met a woman about 3 years after we divorced who was into drugs. She, in turn, got him mixed up with them. They married and had a child. That child was born addicted and Child Protective Services removed the child. Shortly after the baby was born, I received a call from a drug treatment facility asking me to become involved in my ex’s counseling program as he had checked himself in for treatment. I declined stating that we had been divorced for some time and I had nothing to do with him anymore.

The counselor told me that ‘kicking’ meth/crack is the ABSOLUTE hardest addiction to break. He also told me that a crack addiction usually ends one of three ways – death by overdose, death by drug deal gone bad, or prison. Well, not long after that I found out that he was indeed in prison. Seems he had robbed a place and left the crowbar in there with his fingerprints on it so went back to retrieve it right when the cops showed up.

He is out now, but I have no idea where. I haven’t had any contact with him since before the counselor called me from the treatment center (it’s been about 16 years now). I have no idea if he’s clean, back in prison, etc. We had a daughter together, but when he got mixed up with the other woman and I figured out things were not right, I cut ties with him and he didn’t see his daughter. I eventually had to get a protective order as he showed up at my house high as a kite and threatened us. My daughter has not seen him since she was 5. She is almost 21 now.

My ex-husband and I started a plumbing company while we were married. We worked very hard to make it successful – and it was. He ran it into the ground to the point he was selling equipment for drugs. He ended up losing his house, everything. That’s what this stuff does to you. This all happened in about a year and a half time period.

I don’t believe Whitney will ever be able to ‘heal’ herself. The counselor also told me that if a person has used consistently for a period of 3 years that the rate of success of any program is next to nothing.

Another prime example is Leif Garrett. Very very sad.

ETA - something else the counselor told me was that as long as there is money and a way to get the drugs, they will continue to use. Whitney has both the money and means.

Jules, what a story about your ex! You sure did make a wise choice in getting away from him, he wouldn't have been a good influence on your daughter--that is for sure. Drugs are bad news. Thank you for sharing your story here. I don't blame you for not getting involved with your ex's counseling! So sad about them having an addicted baby! After reading about your ex, it doesn't sound like Whitney will break free from the drugs. How sad for her, and her daughter.

Jean said:
Jules, what a story about your ex! You sure did make a wise choice in getting away from him, he wouldn't have been a good influence on your daughter--that is for sure. Drugs are bad news. Thank you for sharing your story here. I don't blame you for not getting involved with your ex's counseling! So sad about them having an addicted baby! After reading about your ex, it doesn't sound like Whitney will break free from the drugs. How sad for her, and her daughter.

Thanks Jean. I should add that he is the last person in the world I would have thought would get mixed up with drugs. He was an educated, highly motivated person. We split amicably and I even worked for our company for a while after we split.

However, when he hooked up with the other woman, I knew things were going to go downhill - and they did - FAST. To my knowledge, he (nor I for that matter) had ever tried drugs prior to hooking up with this other woman. To see how quickly they sunk their teeth into him was amazing. I'm sure with the resources Whitney has, her addiction is far worse than my ex's EVER was.

Oh Geez Jules. I never knew that. You made some very wise choices!!!!

Meth is so bad everywhere. I know it takes a long time for someone who is addicted to get off of it. There is not enough rehab programs for people who really want to get clean. And in the rehab programs there are, it seems like there are tons of people who don't want to get clean.

It's all over except for the 2 big train wreck's for both of them coming up soon!!! Way too many year's of heavy crack use and year's of too many brain cell's fryed...Bobby going get his life long dream of being put in prison for life..Whitney if she's lucky will be put in the Looney Bin for life and worst be a crack *advertiser censored* on some ran down part in some unforseen u.s.a. city

Jules said:
Thanks Jean. I should add that he is the last person in the world I would have thought would get mixed up with drugs. He was an educated, highly motivated person. We split amicably and I even worked for our company for a while after we split.

However, when he hooked up with the other woman, I knew things were going to go downhill - and they did - FAST. To my knowledge, he (nor I for that matter) had ever tried drugs prior to hooking up with this other woman. To see how quickly they sunk their teeth into him was amazing. I'm sure with the resources Whitney has, her addiction is far worse than my ex's EVER was.
My father was very smart, could fix any car in the world was an excellent Mechanic and when his dad was killed in a head on collision by an addict, my father went off the deep end. I was 12 years old when my grandfather was killed and thats when my father started using, and he died when I was 25, he had liver failure and all kinds of stuff wrong. Its very hard for people who have been addicted over years to kick the habit. Drugs are just horrible, they rob families and people of so much.

the original tez said:
Oh Geez Jules. I never knew that. You made some very wise choices!!!!

Meth is so bad everywhere. I know it takes a long time for someone who is addicted to get off of it. There is not enough rehab programs for people who really want to get clean. And in the rehab programs there are, it seems like there are tons of people who don't want to get clean.

Hey Tez,

Long time no see. I disagree on there needing to be more programs. There are plenty of programs FOR THOSE THAT WANT THE HELP. Unfortunately, many are thrown into programs due to court orders, etc., and they don't want to be there - so they take away from those who do want help.

With my ex, because he chose to rob a store, his choice was made for him as he was given a 7 year sentence. He didn't have a choice but to get straightened out. Now, whether he managed to stay that way once he got out is another story.

michelle said:
My father was very smart, could fix any car in the world was an excellent Mechanic and when his dad was killed in a head on collision by an addict, my father went off the deep end. I was 12 years old when my grandfather was killed and thats when my father started using, and he died when I was 25, he had liver failure and all kinds of stuff wrong. Its very hard for people who have been addicted over years to kick the habit. Drugs are just horrible, they rob families and people of so much.

Michelle, I'm very sorry to hear about your grandpa and father. How awful for them both - and for you.

Drugs do rob. When I think of all the time and energy my ex put into starting and building his company, it just floors me how he could have thrown that all away for the next high.

I had done lots of research on the effects of meth/crack. It's heartbreaking. As I said, this stuff happened many years ago and honestly I haven't thought about any of this in a long time. Reading about Whitney brought it all back to the surface. :(

Jules said:
Michelle, I'm very sorry to hear about your grandpa and father. How awful for them both - and for you.

Drugs do rob. When I think of all the time and energy my ex put into starting and building his company, it just floors me how he could have thrown that all away for the next high.

I had done lots of research on the effects of meth/crack. It's heartbreaking. As I said, this stuff happened many years ago and honestly I haven't thought about any of this in a long time. Reading about Whitney brought it all back to the surface. :(
I know what you mean, My father died December 16 , 11 days before my b-day and all the holidays, and my grandfather was killed January 18, so it brings lots of memories up that time of year. My uncle is a drug addict and we have gone through all kinds of hell because of him, it is very hard to watch and they throw EVERYTHING away, like it means nothing to them. Very sad.

michelle said:
I know what you mean, My father died December 16 , 11 days before my b-day and all the holidays, and my grandfather was killed January 18, so it brings lots of memories up that time of year. My uncle is a drug addict and we have gone through all kinds of hell because of him, it is very hard to watch and they throw EVERYTHING away, like it means nothing to them. Very sad.

It is very sad. Luckily, in my case, I had already been far enough removed from him that I didn't see the downward spiral up close and personal. And THANK GOD I did not agree to attend his therapy/counseling sessions. I can't even begin to tell you how floored I was the counselor even called me. And then, to boot, tried to make me feel guilty about not going. :doh:

Jules said:
It is very sad. Luckily, in my case, I had already been far enough removed from him that I didn't see the downward spiral up close and personal. And THANK GOD I did not agree to attend his therapy/counseling sessions. I can't even begin to tell you how floored I was the counselor even called me. And then, to boot, tried to make me feel guilty about not going. :doh:
When you said that I couldnt believe that either, thats the last thing you would need after being away from him and then them saying come here and help him get it together, geeze, the nerve. I mean He will need lots of support but thats not your job anymore you know?

michelle said:
When you said that I couldnt believe that either, thats the last thing you would need after being away from him and then them saying come here and help him get it together, geeze, the nerve. I mean He will need lots of support but thats not your job anymore you know?

That's exactly what I told the counselor too. :D I hadn't been a part of his life in a few years and had no intention of being sucked back in.

The counselor did try to call a few more times, but I let the machine pick up.

Jules said:
That's exactly what I told the counselor too. :D I hadn't been a part of his life in a few years and had no intention of being sucked back in.

The counselor did try to call a few more times, but I let the machine pick up.
I realize this was a long time ago, but I wonder if today they would still try to drag an ex spouse into the abuser's recovery. It seems risky. I just don't get it. It's not marriage counseling after all....

Good for you for steering clear - I would have done the same thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back