Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see having xanax as the issue. Perhaps combining meds, since they said prescriptions, not just one prescription, and any alcohol or illegal drugs combined would definitely make you pass out in the tub. Age does not help, heart and lungs can't take all the stuff they used to be able to handle. We will not know until toxicology is released.

I have seen people get violent on just xanax or zoloft. It just messed with them. If they drank they would fall down mid sentence while walking. Every med is different in everyone's system.

I feel sorry for them all. Way too young to die no matter the cause. I hope her daughter will now be watched closely and allow family and friends to care for her for a while.

Apparently Bobbi was taken to the hospital last night (probably that scanner call) for a "complete breakdown"... so did she go back today?

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20569493_20569582,00.html

According to TMZ yes, just a few minutes ago.

Whitney Houston's 18-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was just rushed to Cedears-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/12/whitney-houston-dead-bobbi-kristina-hospital/#.TzgW4s5Fuwg

I just have to post this.

This is MY favorite song of hers. The words and this video - her in her hey-day AND as a little girl - just an amazing talent.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYzlVDlE72w&ob=av2n"]Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All - YouTube[/ame]

ETA:

If I fail, if I succeed - at least I live as I believe
No matter what they take from me - THEY CAN'T TAKE AWAY MY DIGNITY!!!!

If I was found dead in my tub, and LE looked in my purse, I'm sure they would suspect drug OD.

I have several prescription drugs for anxiety and fibromyalgia but rarely take any of them.

So, I guess what I'm saying is I will wait for the official cause of death because I know personally that just because someone has legal prescribed drugs, it does not mean they abuse them. Even those with past addiction.

RIP Whitney

Past behavior is also an indicator of future behavior. And it seems Whitney was going down a familiar path from at least last Wednesday. IMO, she was an addict. But you don't have to be an addict to succumb to drugs. There is an epidemic of legal prescription drug deaths. So many people have a drug for anxiety, another for sleeping and so on. They don't realize they are in the same class and have to be taken at least six hours apart. And mixing them with alcohol is always dangerous. If recent famous drug deaths are any indicator, IMO, this will probably be ruled drug intoxication or multiple drug intoxication, along with any physical problems she may have had at the time.

People Mag. said this happened last night. Same incident or a different trip to the hospital? Poor girl, I think she is only 18 or 19?

Apparently CBS has confirmed Bobbi was rushed to the hospital at 10:30am PT??

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57376195/whitney-houstons-daughter-rushed-to-hosptial/

According to TMZ yes, just a few minutes ago.

Whitney Houston's 18-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was just rushed to Cedears-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/12/whitney-houston-dead-bobbi-kristina-hospital/#.TzgW4s5Fuwg

TMZ didn't report anyone being transported from there last night.

And there was someone transported from there last night. Actually two people, from Whitney's floor.
It was "rumored" that one of them was Bobbi. And People is saying Bobbi was taken last night.

So I just wondered why she wasn't still there if she went last night? And if not, who went last night?

Why wouldn't they have kept her for 24 hours to get her calmed down...

Please...
don't tell me they handed her a bottle of sedatives and sent her back to the hotel... :banghead:

IDK MsF, but I hope they did not give her sedatives too! Perhaps the other stretcher was someone else in the hotel (fire crews were already there for another call at hotel - posted earlier) or they released her last night to go home and she went to the hotel and freaked. Poor girl, such a tough life.

IDK MsF, but I hope they did not give her sedatives too! Perhaps the other stretcher was someone else in the hotel (fire crews were already there for another call at hotel - posted earlier) or they released her last night to go home and she went to the hotel and freaked. Poor girl, such a tough life.

The 2 people were transported at the same time, from the same floor and I believe from the same room.
It was around Midnight or so? Not sure on the precise time. About 12 hours ago or so.
So if it WAS Bobbi, she should have still been at the hospital. :twocents:
It was cloudy though, so the helicopters weren't up and they were getting ready to transport Whitney... so maybe the media missed it?

The poor little girl, her daddy needs to get out there, or maybe not. I hope there is an adult she trusts and loves with her, she must feel so alone.

Whitney's mother and cousin both showed up at the hotel... surely they would be with Bobbi???

HLN has returned to regularly-scheduled programming, but CNN continues to report on Whitney Houston's death. That Bobbi Kristina was taken to hospital about an hour ago has been confirmed, and CNN will update as details become available.

Whitney's mother and cousin both showed up at the hotel... surely they would be with Bobbi???

I thought her cousin, not her mom showed up at the hotel.

HLN or CNN said that her mom is at home in Edgewater, NJ. I am absolutely sure that's what they said.

She was found "as if she had slid down into the tub." Like she fell asleep and slid. They also said her body was cold.
If the thumps were loud enough to be heard, I would think she would have some injuries consistent with that.
It said that the female "went in to check on her", no breaking down the door. The thumps don't make sense.
Maybe her people just tripped and fell getting up to rush in there?

I think this may very well end up being something simple that happens more frequently than people realize.

Whitney may have taken a Xanax... then talked to her mother, gotten in the bathtub to relax before the show...

And then, fallen asleep in the tub.

Something that has actually happened to many people, taking the prescribed dose of their medications and ONLY that.
People also have seizures while taking a bath and drown before they come out of them.

If the ONLY thing Whitney took was Xanax? Then her mistake was taking it BEFORE taking a bath.
The warm water will lower your blood pressure... make you light headed anyway.
On top of the Xanax or other sedating drug, it's a bad combination.

I really hope that if that is what happened to Whitney... most people will shift their focus.
Taking one Xanax before a show is not drug abuse.
Her history doesn't mean she can never take medication again.
She could have safely taken it being closely monitored by a doctor and loved ones. I hope they focus on safely using medication.

Give Whitney the credit she deserves by not constantly referring to her past, if it's proven that was in her past.

But... that's just MY opinion. :twocents:

Snipped by me for space.

That's why I never take a bath when I;m alone and I always leave the door unlocked. I have felt faint before in the bath, due to the heat. I immediately unplug the drain and get out so I don't faint and drown.

There's no doubt this lady had a history of drug problems so her heart may have been weak.

It's shocking to lose such icons, especially when they are so young. I kind of think of Houston as one of the last of the old-time entertainers. She had the facial expressions, movements and clarity of voice of a different era, really, if you compare her to the new talent of today. And her singing was very real, very solid, no gimmicks. Just a shame.

The "cousin" is Dionne Warwick. I know it's been said that both mom and Dionne spoke with her not even a hour before. Not sure about mom, but I heard that Dionne had called her about the Clive Davis party and to make sure they were all sitting together at the same table. Maybe mom wasn't there (in CA) but I took it as they all (Whitney, Bobbi, Dionne and Cissy) were planning on attending the party.

HLN has returned to regularly-scheduled programming, but CNN continues to report on Whitney Houston's death. That Bobbi Kristina was taken to hospital about an hour ago has been confirmed, and CNN will update as details become available.

Oh, poor kid.

When I saw the headline yesterday I was sad but not really surprised. Like Amy, it was a matter of when, not if.
There but for the grace go I. She had the money and the enablers to continue abusing drugs long after many would have stopped or died. I have heard she was broke after being paid $100 million at one point. That will pay for a lot of drugs and enablers.
I really think what happened was just a simple miscalculation. She drank the night before, therefore had alcohol in her system. The next day she was nervous before the party and took a Xanax, maybe two. And then a bath. I know when I have taken Xanax, especially since I take it rarely, that it really puts me out. I have a bottle in my purse right now that is at least 2 years old and mostly full. I only use it for emergencies.
I can see taking one and then falling asleep in the bathtub, easily. I also heard there were other drugs there, including sleeping pills. I take Ambien to sleep and last night after I went to bed I had to get up to let my daughter in the house and apparently had a complete conversation, paid some bills and went back to sleep, with absolutely no memory of it.
We are seeing a lot of famous people dying of completely legal drugs now. No need to use street drugs when the doctor will prescribe just about anything you could want. Especially if you are famous and have deep pockets. Maybe even more then one doctor if you are used to travelling a lot.
So sad for her daughter. I hope she doesn't go the wrong way because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500