Who Is Caylee's Biological Father?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was pretty clear from what we know of the DNA testing already done that the father is her brother, Lee. I (stupidly) assumed this was fact. Now I'm really confused.

When did LE or any other agency collect a DNA sample from LA to prove paternity?

One of the reasons I doubt this is that someone claiming to be KC's maternal uncle said that KC had 'hooked up', as my own kids would say, with several guys at a party before discovering she was pg and had no idea who was the bio-dad. I really believe that it is possible that she doesn't know. She had sex with at least 3 different men in June of '08, according to testimony by RM, TL, and the other LE guy. These are just the ones who have come forward. The bio-dad could even have been a chance encounter with a sexual predator that was never reported. This may be the kind of story the family never wanted to come to light because being the result of a rape would be something the family may have thought could stigmatize Caylee.

JMO, of course.

Could it be CINDY named Caylee after both her children Casey and Lee? We all know now that she is a control freak. So maybe Casey didn't even name her own child. Afterall, Cindy was the first one to hold Caylee, not Casey.

Could it be CINDY named Caylee after both her children Casey and Lee? We all know now that she is a control freak. So maybe Casey didn't even name her own child. Afterall, Cindy was the first one to hold Caylee, not Casey.

Yeah, but Casey would have to fill out the birth certificate. I doubt Cindy named the baby, although she may have given her strong opinion about it.

SNIPPED

LA also used to drive the Pontiac before KC did. It is likely that his hair etc. is somewhere in that car.

The way I understood it is that the DNA tests could not prove whether or not the hair came from Casey or from Caylee. I am not an expert on DNA but I believe the testing done was mitochondrial which only shows the mother's portion of the DNA (I know I am not describing this right but from what I understand that's the basic gist of it).

If Caylee was the product of a union between Casey and anyone besides her sibling, wouldn't the mitochondrial DNA results be different enough for LE to make a distinction?

Casey and Lee's DNA makeup is very similar, which leads me to infer the only way LE would be unable to conclusively distinguish between Caylee and Casey's hair would be if Lee was the father.

BTW- I know Lee's hair could have been somewhere in the car. Any number of Casey's friends and countless lovers could have left strands of their hair in that car. I feel this is irrelevant. What we're talking about here is the hair found in the trunk, along with the cadaver fluids and chloroform and the infamous pizza.

I believe the hair tested had the "death ring" near its root which is evident of decomposition. The conclusions from this are obvious- LE says the hair is either Casey's or Caylee's, and last I checked Casey is still living.

I apologize in advance if I don't understand DNA at all and am trying my best not to sound ignorant, but this is the only logical conclusion I can draw from all of this. I would love to hear some insight from someone more familiar with DNA testing than myself and more than that, believe it or not, I'd love to believe that the Anthony family is not THIS screwed up.

I really don't know why this keeps coming up. I see no reeason to think that kc and la had this kind of relationship. I am sorry but I think that there is nothing to suggest incest in this family. Disfunctional, perhaps, but not incest.

There's still a finite number of possible dads no matter how promiscuous she might have been. It doesn't make sense that a father hasn't been identified. Unless it was a brutal stranger rape I do believe LE knows who the person is. It may not be (and probably isn't) germane to this case but it does seem important, even if it's under wraps because the person is not suspect and his identity never needs to come out. If the person hasn't stepped forward LE could certainly track down the *lost weekend* candidates. I think they have.

The way I understood it is that the DNA tests could not prove whether or not the hair came from Casey or from Caylee. I am not an expert on DNA but I believe the testing done was mitochondrial which only shows the mother's portion of the DNA (I know I am not describing this right but from what I understand that's the basic gist of it).

If Caylee was the product of a union between Casey and anyone besides her sibling, wouldn't the mitochondrial DNA results be different enough for LE to make a distinction?

Casey and Lee's DNA makeup is very similar, which leads me to infer the only way LE would be unable to conclusively distinguish between Caylee and Casey's hair would be if Lee was the father.

BTW- I know Lee's hair could have been somewhere in the car. Any number of Casey's friends and countless lovers could have left strands of their hair in that car. I feel this is irrelevant. What we're talking about here is the hair found in the trunk, along with the cadaver fluids and chloroform and the infamous pizza.

I believe the hair tested had the "death ring" near its root which is evident of decomposition. The conclusions from this are obvious- LE says the hair is either Casey's or Caylee's, and last I checked Casey is still living.

I apologize in advance if I don't understand DNA at all and am trying my best not to sound ignorant, but this is the only logical conclusion I can draw from all of this. I would love to hear some insight from someone more familiar with DNA testing than myself and more than that, believe it or not, I'd love to believe that the Anthony family is not THIS screwed up.
The mitochondrial dna of kc and la would be the same because mitochondrial dna only has the mothers dna. kc and la have the same mother, ergo, same mitochondrial dna.

I don't think it's Lee, but I don't understand why he wouldn't voluntarily give up his DNA to LE. It's not like they couldn't subpoena it, which they did. None of this makes sense.

When did LE or any other agency collect a DNA sample from LA to prove paternity?

One of the reasons I doubt this is that someone claiming to be KC's maternal uncle said that KC had 'hooked up', as my own kids would say, with several guys at a party before discovering she was pg and had no idea who was the bio-dad. I really believe that it is possible that she doesn't know. She had sex with at least 3 different men in June of '08, according to testimony by RM, TL, and the other LE guy. These are just the ones who have come forward. The bio-dad could even have been a chance encounter with a sexual predator that was never reported. This may be the kind of story the family never wanted to come to light because being the result of a rape would be something the family may have thought could stigmatize Caylee.

JMO, of course.

I don't believe they requested the DNA for the specific purpose of determining paternity. They requested CA and GA's DNA and both of them submitted testing a week or two ago, I believe. Neither forced LE to get a subpoena to obtain it.

I know Casey was very promiscuous. There are a lot of other, and more fitting especially with Casey, ways to say this, but I don't want to be a problem for the mods. I read what Cindy's brother (I believe we're referring to a man whose name reminds with "Sick") said and I believe him. But that doesn't mean she wasn't shacking up with her absolutely irresistible older sibling (who recently shaved his head, anyone catch that? Trying to avoid having to submit a useable hair sample, perhaps?)

If you're innocent you would give LE absolutely anything they asked for, unrestricted access to your home, your credit card receipts, you name it. Right? The Anthony's haven't exactly done this and without a doubt the biggest offender has been Lee.

Lee is hiding something. I think we all agree on that. Exactly what, and how much, and how sinister the information he is trying to hide is... I guess only time will tell, but the anticipation is killing me.

The mitochondrial dna of kc and la would be the same because mitochondrial dna only has the mothers dna. kc and la have the same mother, ergo, same mitochondrial dna.

So, going one step further, if LE couldn't determine if the hair was from Casey or Caylee, the parents are Lee and Casey. Correct?

Because if the father isn't Lee, the baby's mitochondrial DNA would be different.

The only thing Lee has managed to do with this is raise even more suspicions. If someone truly has no part, they would be kicking LE's door down trying to get tested.

Research what mitochondrial DNA consists of. It is also very possible by transference that LA's hair could be in that trunk from nothing other than him owning the car, which is why I brought it up. I'm not talking about any of the things you mentioned other than the hair.

So, going one step further, if LE couldn't determine if the hair was from Casey or Caylee, the parents are Lee and Casey. Correct?

Because if the father isn't Lee, the baby's mitochondrial DNA would be different.

NO. The baby's dna would only have her mothers dna. Therefore, she would have kc's dna only!!!

I really don't know why this keeps coming up. I see no reeason to think that kc and la had this kind of relationship. I am sorry but I think that there is nothing to suggest incest in this family. Disfunctional, perhaps, but not incest.

Totally agree. I also doubt rape. I think the paternity is based on her gig as a recreational DNA collection technician. Say that three times fast.

I think most people have a hard time believing that anything could have happened between Lee and Casey. It happens. More times than I'd like to know. I believe this might be what we're going to find out real soon.

Remember Casey being upset from the run-in with the ex-boyfriend of a 'miscarriage' at the ABC party? I call that BS. I don't believe she did. It seems to me like a ploy to 'trap' a guy.

The way it looks, Casey wanted a boyfriend in her life. So why would she not have tried to trap Caylee's bio dad? One reason would be because she didn't want the world to know that she belonged to Lee. Don't forget, she tried to pin it on Jesse in the beginning, knowing she was pregnant before he came along.

There is a hidden secret here. Not one time have we heard that Casey tried to trap anyone else with Caylee's birth.. Only Jesse... Yet she tried to trap some other guy from a, IMO, phantom miscarriage?

I think if Casey knew for sure...
She would be demanding child support from him. IMO She does not know.

I agree w/ this to some extent.... but from my own experience with ex-female friends in similar situations, [like not KNOWING who the baby's daddy really is, or saying they don't] they'd actually be stringing along several guy friends they'd 'been' w/ - some of them for YEARS!!! - alluding to the *possibility* that the kid was their's..... that way they could get extra pocket money here & there, rent paid, car note, groceries, etc.... jmo but I think someone like her would definately fall into the bracket of person's I've known who even if they DID know wouldn't say 'who' JUST so they could keep up the charade' w/ several different guys.... :crazy: sick & twisted, yes, screwing around w/ guy's heads, yes, but some people just don't care.... :mad:
At this point, I mean, how many guys are gonna really come forward & actually ADMIT she told them they was the daddy.....? [But I'm sure there was a few!!] imo :bang: <---------- directed at the mentality of the people out there who use their kids as pawns in life....

Mitochondrial DNA is inherited COMPLETELY from the MOTHER.

:waitasec:
A few weeks ago, I thought incest seemed too out of the blue to consider, and it's a disgusting topic. Now given Lee's refusals, I think LP is onto something and it's a very real possibility. Also considering Caylee's name and the particular spelling of it is a combination of Casey and Lee's names.
Regar4ding the bolded portion, ITA that it's a revolting idea, but I guess not much could really be worse than what many already believe she did: killing her own child. :(

I do not think LA is hiding anyting. I think he is angry that LE released his interview to the media. I think this caused him problems with kc and i believe he was working very hard to get the truth from her. This is my opinion. I do not think he shaved his head to keep them from getting a hair sample. Asyou well know, there are other places on the body that LE could get a hair sample from. Also, my brother is vbery handsome and I have never thought of him as anything but a brother and I don't see anything that even suggests kc does.

Respectfully

dadsgirl4ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members