Who is Vasco Thompson?

I was going to say I can't believe they are still doing this, but sadly, I do believe it. We officially live in bizarro world. :nuts:

Right, at the point when it comes to the defense team...nothings shocking. :banghead:

1. He has had on a different 3 piece suits on 3 different shows tonite (wish I could afford that many outfits for 1 day)
2. If he has paid his debt to society, then I wish him that...however...
3. I hope and pray that he and his lawyer do not end up becoming an opportunist in this case ( I think JG Wentworth...1-877 Cash Now has seriously gotten rich off of Caylee)
4. I would like to see him brought up by the defense, just to show the jury the lunacy of it all

Gotta disagree respectfully. If you drug me into this three-ring circus, besmirched my name by snidely attaching me to the murder of an innocent child by insinuation, and shined a spotlight on a past I had been doing my best to overcome, I would move heaven and earth to make you pay. You can bet on that. And as for making money, that's the least the guy is entitled to. Altruism only for the downtrodden? I don't think so.

Aren't the phone records for June 16th the same ones that the DA was talking about today? The records that the Defense never really bothered to look at, and the same records they got rid of their phone record expert for?

Aren't the phone records for June 16th the same ones that the DA was talking about today? The records that the Defense never really bothered to look at, and the same records they got rid of their phone record expert for?

They were talking about the contents of the hard drive in the Anthony's desk top computer. Baez didn't go over the days surrounding their "accident" assertions... KC was a chronic tech user, constantly on one or the other, it seems. hth

Well, that would be a very short depo.

"No, I don't know George Anthony"

"No, I didn't call him in June 2008."

"No, that was not my phone number till 2009."

Ugh, I learned, through following this case, that an attorney has a very wide latitude in questioning at depositions. If Jose is permitted to ask away liberally, can he make this a fishing expedition? (Off to the the ask-the-lawyers thread.)

I'm hoping that Morgan & Morgan release the video of this depo like they did with CA & GA in the ZFG matter.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6734735&postcount=360"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.06.22 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-five)[/ame]

tweet that Vasco Thompson's depo is in progress

I've been trying to look at the situation from the perspective of the DT and, frankly, it hurts my head.

But....

Is it possible that Baez is planning to use VT not so much to point a finger at him (and, by extension, more fingers at GA), but to imply that the fact that VT *hasn't* bring contacted by LE about this until now demonstrates a "shoddy" investigation? That if LE had done their job thoroughly and properly, VT would have already been contacted and the phone number mix-up would have been already documented by them?

I'm not implying at all that I believe this myself, but in looking at how the defense case has progressed so far, this seems to be their MO--point out anything that seems to imply (however weakly) that the investigative processes have been corrupted in some fashion.

Now I'm off to take some pain-reliever!

I've been trying to look at the situation from the perspective of the DT and, frankly, it hurts my head.

But....

Is it possible that Baez is planning to use VT not so much to point a finger at him (and, by extension, more fingers at GA), but to imply that the fact that VT *hasn't* bring contacted by LE about this until now demonstrates a "shoddy" investigation? That if LE had done their job thoroughly and properly, VT would have already been contacted and the phone number mix-up would have been already documented by them?

I'm not implying at all that I believe this myself, but in looking at how the defense case has progressed so far, this seems to be their MO--point out anything that seems to imply (however weakly) that the investigative processes have been corrupted in some fashion.

Interesting thought. I see where you are going with that and could see them trying it. It will blow up in their face like every other trick they have tried. imo

Interesting thought. I see where you are going with that and could see them trying it. It will blow up in their face like every other trick they have tried. imo

I am totally in agreement your train of thought. Remember, we have not heard any witnesses yet concerning the phone and text messages. I do think the State will be bringing these out w/their timeline of the 31 days of missing.

This poor guy is really on my mind... I feel so bad for him. :tsktsk:

But....

Do we know that LE didn't investigate? They would not have found VT because he didn't own the number at that time. Perhaps LE knows the actual owner at the time in question.

The DT is just grasping at straws like usual.

They were talking about the contents of the hard drive in the Anthony's desk top computer. Baez didn't go over the days surrounding their "accident" assertions... KC was a chronic tech user, constantly on one or the other, it seems. hth
BBM
I think he did. In the back and forth ,Judge Perry says,(paraphrasing)" July 16th,July,15th and July 117th would be important days.I assume you had your computer expert regurgitate what was found on those days". Baez answers "Yes Sir"
I feel like I'm the only one who saw that :crazy:

Do we know that LE didn't investigate? They would not have found VT because he didn't own the number at that time. Perhaps LE knows the actual owner at the time in question.

The DT is just grasping at straws like usual.

Yes, because the actual owner of the number in 2008 was George Anthony's employer.

Law enforcement would not have had any reason to be suspicious that George called his boss.

Nor would they be expected to follow up with who changed phone numbers and who then received those numbers.

Almost all of Casey's friends have changed their numbers multiple times for example, has the defense team looked to see who got all of those numbers?

That argument will fall flat too if that is what they are going for. I think they are just actually trying to find a way to connect Vasco, which will also fall flat.

BBM
I think he did. In the back and forth ,Judge Perry says,(paraphrasing)" July 16th,July,15th and July 117th would be important days.I assume you had your computer expert regurgitate what was found on those days". Baez answers "Yes Sir"
I feel like I'm the only one who saw that :crazy:

June? Both are important, but I think he was talking about June... So, if Baez went over them, he must have just looked at pictures and pretty things, not the forensic elements like the times the computer was in use? No matter what, I really think he's unprepared on this one. jmo

But....

:goodpost::welcome::fireworks:

That is an interesting way at looking at it. You may be giving the DT too much credit though. I am not sure they thought it through that far.

Hopefully LE can show that they had already figured out it was George attempting to speak to his job. They have the text apparently, and he discusses his arrival at the job site. So it is just another red herring, imo.

I am thinking how the deposition might be going:

Mr. Vasco, it is true, IS IT NOT, that you cannot positively state that Mr. Anthony had no contact with any other known felons?????

Mr. Vasco, ARE YOU A CHEMIST???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back