Why have Lisa's parents stopped talking to the media?

I do nto follow the US news much, but is there a reason why Jonbenet ramsey's case was followed by the media so much more?

JonBenet was a "child beauty queen" (also, most Americans had never even heard of child beauty pageants prior to her murder), whose parents were wealthy. She was murdered in her huge home on Christmas, there was a ransom note, and most people suspected her parents. The R's were thought of as that perfect family who had a lot of secrets. And if you thought they were innocent, the idea that someone could enter a home, and murder a little girl in the basement was also horrifying and very unusual.

Another thing is that Lisa's case only got media coverage for about a month and a half, and the further we get from October, the less..umm.."impressive" that is. I can't imagine the media having D&J on TV in 2014 and saying, "Remember Baby Lisa. There was a media frenzy back in October 2010 for her." You know what I mean? The case did get coverage, but the coverage doesn't really stand out, especially the farther we get from 2010. Not to mention, a lot of media outlets never picked up the case, or only mentioned it once. If they weren't interested back then, why would they care now? Plus, the media might not be interested in putting D&J on TV if they feel most viewers won't remember them, and therefore won't care what they have to say.

But...Kyron's parents manage to get (some) national air-time without any developments between the 1st and 2nd anniversary of his case, so why couldn't Lisa's parents? But I definitely don't believe that if D&J decide to talk, every media outlet is going to go nuts and beg them for an interview.

:moo:

JMO but you can bet that we will be hearing from Deb and Jeremy in a few weeks, as it will be one year next month that Lisa has been missing :(

I have no doubt that the media will cover this ... and :moo: you can bet that Deb and Jeremy [as well as their attorneys] will milk it for all its worth !

JMO but sadly, it will NOT be about Lisa :( ... it will be about Deb and Jeremy and blah blah blah blah blah ...

I hope and :please: that Lisa will be found ... but sadly, I don't think she will EVER be found ... :(

JMO but you can bet that we will be hearing from Deb and Jeremy in a few weeks, as it will be one year next month that Lisa has been missing :(

I have no doubt that the media will cover this ... and :moo: you can bet that Deb and Jeremy [as well as their attorneys] will milk it for all its worth !

JMO but sadly, it will NOT be about Lisa :( ... it will be about Deb and Jeremy and blah blah blah blah blah ...

I hope and :please: that Lisa will be found ... but sadly, I don't think she will EVER be found ... :(

Agree with everything you said,it's never been about Lisa with them.

Hopefully one of them will grow a conscience and give up the goods.
Lisa is the reason I joined WS so she has a special place in my heart

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

In my opinion, the reason the story isn't in the media...even the local media, is because DB told local media she was only doing national media interviews. And b/c her attorney wants the questions before they are asked and within certain guidelines, the media can't ask those hard questions that the public wants to know, so the public is no longer interested in the story. JMO

Okay, they will definitely be talking to the media for the 1st anniversary, and when they are asked, "What have you done to find Lisa?" <modsnip>

Knock it off in here. If a link cannot be posted, the subject is not open for discussion.

In addition, you guys are bashing these parents and that is NOTallowed. Confine your discussion to MSM and LE reports and your theories and speculation related to that information and STOP posting just to say mean things.

Make it factual and make it relate or move on.

Salem

It's a nationwide event sponsored by NCMEC and Old Navy.

http://oldnavy.missingkids.com/

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=4750

Not sure why it can't be linked and discussed? :confused:

Actually - this is NOT off-topic for the thread. What was off topic was a discussion, with NO link to back it up.

Certainly, posters can discuss this. They don't need to bash the parents, but this is definitely on the table. It is an EVENT for missing children.

Salem

ETA: A link should be provided showing that the parents were attending this event before that discussion opens up.

I dunno, for folks who seemingly want this case to 'go away', they are still are finding ways of keeping BL in the news by attending events like this and then posting it on their website, doing balloon releases, etc.

Photo-op.

:floorlaugh:

It's amazing how anything they do is either a photo-op, getting paid, or some other self serving thing. There is nothing these two individuals can do that will be seen as 'right'.

It would be a better photo op if they bragged about it to local news so that they were splashed all over the news websites, not their own website. Or better yet, have Stanton or one of the lawyers brag about it on the today show or something like that.

I dunno, for folks who seemingly want this case to 'go away', they are still are finding ways of keeping BL in the news by attending events like this and then posting it on their website, doing balloon releases, etc.

What news source reported this? I did a Google News search for Lisa Irwin, and NOTHING comes up except for a article (anyone can write those...and it's from 9/8) and a reference to Lisa in a blog about Jheesye's mom being arrested. They are definitely not keeping Lisa in the news. I do searches for Lisa on Google News all the time, and at the most, I will see some examiner.com article.

:floorlaugh:

It's amazing how anything they do is either a photo-op, getting paid, or some other self serving thing. There is nothing these two individuals can do that will be seen as 'right'.

It would be a better photo op if they bragged about it to local news so that they were splashed all over the news websites, not their own website. Or better yet, have Stanton or one of the lawyers brag about it on the today show or something like that.

Except everyone will hear all about it during the first anniversary when they are asked, "What have you done to find your daughter?" Then they will show pictures/videos from the event. It's not a coincidence that this happens 3 weeks before the anniversary.

Except everyone will hear all about it during the first anniversary when they are asked, "What have you done to find your daughter?" Then they will show pictures/videos from the event. It's not a coincidence that this happens 3 weeks before the anniversary.

This isn't the first time they've showed their faces and talking about BL since last year either. How is it a photo op/publicity if like you said, news agencies aren't showing interest to begin with?

This isn't the first time they've showed their faces and talking about BL since last year either. How is it a photo op/publicity if like you said, news agencies aren't showing interest to begin with?

You're the one who said that this new event was reported in the media, so I told you that it wasn't. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if this event is brought up for the 1st anniversary. I could see GMA flashing the picture of D&J as they explain about it.

Since January, this is when the family has spoken out in the media:

Feb: Dr. Phil
April: 6-month anniversary
May: Today & Megyn Kelly interviews
Summer: Balloon release

Wow, impressive!

You're the one who said that this new event was reported in the media, so I told you that it wasn't. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if this event is brought up for the 1st anniversary. I could see GMA flashing the picture of D&J as they explain about it.

Since January, this is when the family has spoken out in the media:

Feb: Dr. Phil
April: 6-month anniversary
May: Today & Megyn Kelly interviews
Summer: Balloon release

Wow, impressive!

I didn't say they reported it to the media, I meant they are still doing things, even if it's periodically, where someone knows that a child is missing. I just don't see how it can be both ways, saying showing up at this event or doing a balloon release is a photo op meant to shine the spotlight on them (why, if they are guilty?), when the media themselves are not involved in reporting the event. Who are they posting the pic of them attending the event on their website for? The people <modsnip> who constantly click on their website to see if anything is updated?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back