Why have Lisa's parents stopped talking to the media?

why would they? What if the police statement came first? (even if it didn't I don't see them doing that.)

:twocents:

I guess we need to figure out what these lies are and when they where said. If they don't exist then that would be a good reason why LE hasn't tried to refute them. JMO.

I guess we need to figure out what these lies are and when they where said. If they don't exist then that would be a good reason why LE hasn't tried to refute them. JMO.

I believe the first lie would be that everyone but DB was cleared and that LE didn't need JI to take a LDT.

But I think LE did refute that, in a way, by shortly thereafter saying the parents were no longer cooperating.

I believe the first lie would be that everyone but DB was cleared and that LE didn't need JI to take a LDT.

But I think LE did refute that, in a way, by shortly thereafter saying the parents were no longer cooperating.

Debbie said all of those things? And LE refuted all of it? I'm not so sure about that.

You got an awful lot of information from that one sentence. Frankly I don't know what the heck she's trying to say. You mentioned that she can say and lie about anything without being refuted by LE for several months. I wonder why KCPD didn't take the opportunity to refute her alleged lies in their recent press release? Maybe because they can't.

Maybe because LE doesn't work that way. They don't make random statements to refute someone unless it is something that they need to do for the case. In this instance, it's not the case. <modsnip>, LE doesn't care what the public thinks. They don't make statements to appease the public. What DB says or doesn't say to the public or in general statements doesn't matter to LE. What she says to THEM is what counts. And, DB doesn't want to talk to LE. I wonder why? Oh, wait, I know why!

Maybe because LE doesn't work that way. They don't make random statements to refute someone unless it is something that they need to do for the case. In this instance, it's not the case. <modsnip>, LE doesn't care what the public thinks. They don't make statements to appease the public. What DB says or doesn't say to the public or in general statements doesn't matter to LE. What she says to THEM is what counts. And, DB doesn't want to talk to LE. I wonder why? Oh, wait, I know why!

BBM
Then why did you suggest that LE may take several months the refute DB's lies?
"Since I know that LE only gives a statement once a year about the case, I can say anything I want, lie about anything I want, because LE won't refute it at least for several months.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8408288&postcount=316"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Why have Lisa's parents stopped talking to the media?[/ame]

BBM
I have another question about this post. What was the purpose of the KCPD press release from last week?

With the one year anniversary approaching, many media outlets will be calling KCPD for an update. This was their way of "satisfying" the media/making them go away.

what lies? I am talking about the LE statement.

They say they still need answers from DB.

Also, why would LE address what DB says to the media in their official statement on the case? They were making a statement about where the case currently is one year later.

Her attorneys criticized police on national television, alleging that detectives were abusive and focused too much on Bradley&#8217;s actions and behaviors. The accusations stung investigators.

&#8220;We wanted to say, &#8216;No! That&#8217;s not right,&#8217;&#8201;&#8221; Zink said. &#8220;&#8201;&#8216;That&#8217;s not how it went down.&#8217; But we knew it wasn&#8217;t in the best interest of the investigation or child.&#8221;

what lies? I am talking about the LE statement.

They say they still need answers from DB.

Also, why would LE address what DB says to the media in their official statement on the case? They were making a statement about where the case currently is one year later.
It goes back to Norest's post saying that it would take LE several months before they would refute DB's lies. From what I can tell now she doesn't think that LE will do that but for some reason thinks that DB believes it may happen.

I'm still wondering what these lies are myself. I only brought up last weeks KCPD statement because it doesn't have any mention of lies by anyone. I agree that it would be unlikely for LE to refute anyone's lies whether real or imagined in their public statements. So the idea that DB thinks that will happen has me baffled. JMO.

folks is it time for the play nice post again or do you all remember it from before? come on guys... I know you are capable of debating without personally attacking one another.

folks is it time for the play nice post again or do you all remember it from before? come on guys... I know you are capable of debating without personally attacking one another.

Thank you. Parents issued a new statement tonight to the Good Morning America affiliate. Nothing blockbuster.

Thank you. Parents issued a new statement tonight to the Good Morning America affiliate. Nothing blockbuster.

I saw that, & it looks like public sentiment is pretty one-sided on their social media page under the article! :jail:

whoa-- deb told LE she doesn't want to be interviewed anymore? :what::what:

wonder what marc klaas, ed smart and john walsh would say about that? oh wait...

Her attorneys criticized police on national television, alleging that detectives were abusive and focused too much on Bradley’s actions and behaviors. The accusations stung investigators.

“We wanted to say, ‘No! That’s not right,’&#8201;” Zink said. “&#8201;‘That’s not how it went down.’ But we knew it wasn’t in the best interest of the investigation or child

Even if it was true, I find it very hard to believe that LE would publicly come out and admit to what DB claims. I think everyone is aware of how LE uses interrogation techniques to get something out of somebody.

wonder what marc klaas, ed smart and john walsh would say about that? oh wait...

Could someone please provide a link to this statement?

No one provided a link so I had to look for myself. The statement I think that the two of you are talking about doesn't mention anything about Debbie telling LE she doesn't want to be interviewed anymore. :waitasec:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-cit...64182/16809022/-/item/1/-/3kmeem/-/index.html

No one provided a link so I had to look for myself. The statement I think that the two of you are talking about doesn't mention anything about Debbie telling LE she doesn't want to be interviewed anymore. :waitasec:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-cit...64182/16809022/-/item/1/-/3kmeem/-/index.html

Look at page one at your link
Bradley was questioned in the early days of the investigation but has since told police she doesn't want to be interviewed any more.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-cit...16809022/-/uue81qz/-/index.html#ixzz28Mx09Bq7

I decided to revisit the KMBC.com article where they report that Deborah Bradley told police this.

Bradley was questioned in the early days of the investigation but has since told police she doesn't want to be interviewed any more.

The impression that I get from the phrase "but has since told police" is that it is a recent comment. I would like to know the date that this comment was made.

In this same article, this is said.
Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley, was the only adult in the house that night.

I thought that SB was also in the house at times that night.
A source familiar with the case earlier this week told KCTV5 that Brando and her 4-year-old daughter were inside baby Lisa's home about 4:30 p.m. Oct. 3. Bradley told People magazine that she cooked dinner for her family, Brando and her daughter, which they shared about 5:30 p.m.
Then there is this little nugget which is absolutely wrong.
Police said at least one investigator and an FBI agent work on the case every day.
This is what KCPD actually said.
A KCPD detective and FBI agent actively work the case nearly every day.
Nearly everyday, not every day. That could mean that the detective and agent may only work a couple of hours every other day for maybe a total of 6 hrs a week for all we know.

My opinion of this article is that it's poorly written and therefore misleading.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-cit...16809022/-/uue81qz/-/index.html#ixzz28YZKdU00

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15953146/neighbor-says?clienttype=printable

http://media.kshb.com/pdf/LisaIrwinStatement.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53