GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the above is true. But there is no escaping the modern escalating trend of teens killing schoolmates. It is happening way too often and that is a new thing, imo. Am I wrong?

Leopold and Loeb

Mass School shootings yes. Killing schoolmates or other children is not all that new. Most perpetrators have been older than these girls, but not all.

I don't think it's all that fair to blanketly assume that "no one" was monitoring their internet. All it takes is one kid to print out and xerox a Slenderman story to expose their classmates at school. There is no way to 100% control what a child is exposed to, and too much monitoring will just either drive the kid underground, or make them totally neurotic which some people I know did with their kid: controlled literally every minute of his life, until he hit college, where he went totally wild because he'd never learnt self control, never learnt any self-protection skills. Ended up doing drugs, kicked out of school, trashed his whole life.

Some kids are sick and drawn towards violence and will seek it out. Other kids will find the story spooky and a cautionary tale like Urban Legends have over the years. These legends date back centuries to early days of folk storytelling around campfires.
I love campfire as most people do stories but I am not mentally unsound, delusional or violent. These girls were unhinged from reality or budding psychopaths.

Oh wow! I'm so happy to find out she survived! I had only caught a glimpse of a crawl across the bottom of the screen during one of the cable news shows last night about two 12 year olds luring another 12 year old into the woods and stabbing her and that it had been planned. That was about all I saw and just assumed she had been stabbed to death. Checked in here to get the story and find out she survived! Praise the Lord!!!

It means "Garbage In, Garbage Out." That's what happens to your soul, as well, if you keep filling your mind with internet trash. :twocents:

Whereas normal folks like us only fill our minds for hours on end with gruesome true crime killings etc... :rolleyes:

It's been around for centuries as different names. Der Grossman, Thin Man, Mothman, Smiling Man, Child Eater, aka the Boogeyman, The Beast or The Devil. You can't ban folklore.
Slender Man is just a new name for an old Jungian archetype.

You can ban it from your household, block the sites, and from school but the legend is ancient. (I am not siding with the pre-teens who stabbed their friends, quite the contrary.)

I must live under a rock... boogey man is the only one i have heard of from that list.

Revealed: Father of girl, 12, who stabbed 'school friend 19 times to prove Slender Man myth was real’ proudly shared her sketch of horror creature on his ‘DEADBOY’ Instagram filled with skulls

The parents of Morgan Geyser, one of the two 12-year-olds charged with trying to murder their friend, have Instagram feeds featuring skulls

Morgan and her friend Anissa Weier were allegedly trying to be proxies for a mythological horror creature called Slenderman with the attack

In one Instagram post from mid April, Morgan's father Matt shared a photo of a drawing 'Mogo' made of Slenderman

His handle is 'deadboy420' in homage to a 'stoner rock' band

Both her father Matt and mother Angie have Gothic-themed photos

The friend that Geyser and Weier stabbed 19 times miraculously survived and is said to be in stable condition at a hospital in Wisconsin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...creature-DEADBOY-Instagram-filled-skulls.html

There ya go. Rotten apples don't fall too far from rotten trees. :twocents:

All three had horrific abusive childhoods too.

Not all psychopaths had a abusive childhoods, though. Paul Bernardo comes to mind as one with a quite normal childhood by all accounts.

I don't think that killing classmates, schoolmates is new. Unfortunately we just hear more about it. Sad but true.

Whereas normal folks like us only fill our minds for hours on end with gruesome true crime killings etc... :rolleyes:

It can be channeled for the good or the bad.
One becomes an investigator or homicide detective, or doctor, surgeon or funeral director another a murderer.

Not all psychopaths had a abusive childhoods, though. Paul Bernardo comes to mind as one with a quite normal childhood by all accounts.

I don't think that killing classmates, schoolmates is new. Unfortunately we just hear more about it. Sad but true.

Absolutely I agree.
Especially with sociopaths/psychopaths however it is genetic.
Paul Bernado had no excuse whatsoever.

No, not new just horrifying and on the news 24/7 because it sells. "If it bleeds it leads."

There ya go. Rotten apples don't fall too far from rotten trees. :twocents:

yikes!
Imagine Alice Cooper he's in a creepy rock band with death imagery none of his kids went off to murder anyone.
There must have been more than meets the eye.

It is not 'new.' but it sure has escalated and multiplied. It is much more commonplace. I think it happened every decade or so before. Now it is every yr or so?

All three had horrific abusive childhoods too.

I don't think Bundy was abused.
He just had issues with his being illegitimate (and his grandparents raising him as their son and his Mom being his "sister" for much of his younger years).
I do not recall any abuse though, but if I am wrong please correct me (and link me!). Been a long time since I read the books about TB....

It's been around for centuries as different names. Der Grossman, Thin Man, Mothman, Smiling Man, Child Eater, aka the Boogeyman, The Beast or The Devil. You can't ban folklore.
Slender Man is just a new name for an old Jungian archetype.

You can ban it from your household, block the sites, and from school but the legend is ancient. (I am not siding with the pre-teens who stabbed their friends, quite the contrary.)

Funny...I'm 38, and other than the plain ole "boogeyman" you speak of, I've never heard of any of the above. I don't think it was "banned" from my life, but rather no one ever thought any of it worth repeating?

Aside from folklore and childish games, parental judgement, encouragement, and allowance goes a looooooooonnngg way. As a parent, you just never know what your kid is going to latch onto and value, and I try to stay to the most positive valued ideas and notions. We do, on occasion, watch scary material, but we watch it together. ("Mama" is one of our favorite movies!) That way, I am able to reinforce make-believe from reality, something that obviously one, the other, or both of these girls could not do.

Absolutely I agree.
Especially with sociopaths/psychopaths however it is genetic.
Paul Bernado had no excuse whatsoever.

No, not new just horrifying and on the news 24/7 because it sells. "If it bleeds it leads."

It is more than just 'we hear about it more.'

How often did a kid slaughter 20 2nd graders or 13 kids in the lunchroom or spray a movie theatre with an automatic weapon? Now that is commonplace behavior.

Well... I can't speak for everyone, but I don't spend hours on end on WS, either. It's not good for me. When I get too into a case, I take a break. My soul requires positivity, sunshine, and love to thrive.

I don't think Bundy was abused.
He just had issues with his being illegitimate (and his grandparents raising him as their son ans his Mom being his "sister" for much of his younger years).
I do not recall any abuse though, but if I am wrong please correct me (and link me!). Been a long time since I read the books about TB....

I read differently. Ann Rule's book Stranger Beside Me and other various reports. In other interviews, assessments it was implied he was sexually abused but I doubt Ted would freely admit it if it was true.

It is not 'new.' but it sure has escalated and multiplied. It is much more commonplace. I think it happened every decade or so before. Now it is every yr or so?

My pet theory (another one lol): there's a copy-cat effect for attention. There's definitely a correlation between the frequency increasing (maybe? Not positive on the numbers, but assuming hypothetically anyway) and the rise of not just the internet, but before that the 24- saturation news coverage via cable. But we all know correlation Doesn't equal causation, so it's just my unsourced and untested theory (someday if I have enough time I will research all my theories lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is more than just 'we hear about it more.'

How often did a kid slaughter 20 2nd graders or 13 kids in the lunchroom or spray a movie theatre with an automatic weapon? Now that is commonplace behavior.

I agree, yes, mass shootings without a doubt are on the rise. Classmates trying to stab or kill each other unfortunately has always been around. My theory more people, more crime and all of it reported now 24/7.
No matter how often it happens I am still shocked and horrified by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa