GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

I think that the jury made the right decision and they made it quickly. Does anyone else wonder about the jury asking to view her videos again--it was discussed that would take another two hours or they could come back tomorrow to watch them--that to me signaled that they weren't close to making such a concrete decision but they sure were and did--that piece surprised me.

I think that the jury made the right decision and they made it quickly. Does anyone else wonder about the jury asking to view her videos again--it was discussed that would take another two hours or they could come back tomorrow to watch them--that to me signaled that they weren't close to making such a concrete decision but they sure were and did--that piece surprised me.

It took them a while to go back with an answer, so maybe there was only one person, and after they talked through it their mind was changed?

I feel sad for Ezra's mom. This isn't what she wanted for her little girl as she was rearing her I'm sure :(.
I feel more sorry for the adoptive grandmother. She was the only one who was crying. And the mother and father, just walked out and didn't even look at Ezra, but the grandmother stayed till they led her out. That grandmother's been through so much too, before and during all of this.

It took them a while to go back with an answer, so maybe there was only one person, and after they talked through it their mind was changed?
Good thinking--I bet that you are right. It didn't make sense to me that they would be looking to review that so meticulously if they were undecided. I think that it would be hard to to serve on a jury like that--Very difficult and so important.

I feel more sorry for the adoptive grandmother. She was the only one who was crying. And the mother and father, just walked out and didn't even look at Ezra, but the grandmother stayed till they led her out. That grandmother's been through so much too, before and during all of this.

I'm not aware of any of that :(. Whose mother is she?

I doubted their ability to win pretty much the entire trial until the close today but the state got it done. The prosecutor I was critical of during the cross was stellar today, was definitely not expecting that. Kudos to the state and I hope that Alex’s family gain some sort of closure with the verdict. Can’t replace what they lost but I’m sure this helps.

I think justice was done here. I admire the jury for working long, reviewing the evidence and making a decision. I stayed with Court Tv, but had to tend to family and pets and couldn't hang out here to wait. Thanks all of you for your thoughts and informative posts. Rest peacefully, Alex.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back