GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

I’m curious about her “anywhere and everywhere” catchphrase. Does anyone have any statistics on how often someone telling the truth will latch on to a certain phrase when referring back to an event? I feel like that makes more sense to do when you’re lying?

I’m curious about her “anywhere and everywhere” catchphrase. Does anyone have any statistics on how often someone telling the truth will latch on to a certain phrase when referring back to an event? I feel like that makes more sense to do when you’re lying?

In addition to that, EM said, “often times” too many times to count.

Yes, some of it is on Facebook. Ezra's mom was 14 when she had her. When she was 21, she married JoShane (who testified) and he adopted her. They divorced, then JoShane's father, who was a police officer, was arrested for sexually assaulting a woman in 2013 and was fired from the police force. The family remained close after the Ezra's parents divorced, and in the grandfather's obit, Ezra's mom is referred to as "his special girl."

I get kind of a creepy vibe from the his special girl part, or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I saw that at as her trying her hardest to sound smart. The anywhere and everywhere seemed more aimed at convincing them to believe her lie?

When did she say "anywhere and everywhere?" I remember "often times" a lot and "stuff" a zillion times in the interviews. I kept thinking of this commercial "and stuff":

:( Does she think Ezra is innocent?
I don't know that she thought she was innocent, but I imagine like any grandmother, you wouldn't want to believe that your grandchild had murdered someone. Especially if you've only ever seen the kind, loving side of them. Or even if you knew they had problems, most families don't think their loved or anyone they know, would go kill someone.

I don't know that she thought she was innocent, but I imagine like any grandmother, you wouldn't want to believe that your grandchild had murdered someone. Especially if you've only ever seen the kind, loving side of them. Or even if you knew they had problems, most families don't think their loved or anyone they know, would go kill someone.

Yeah, or even if they knew they were guilty, their heart would still be broken. :( So many lives affected :(.

Interesting. Wonder why they weren't mentioned at all?? I wonder if any of that will come up in the penalty phase.
I don't know that there would be any specific reason to bring it up at trial. And I can't think of a reason for it to, during penalty. These are little kids, and are going to have to deal with other kids at school, who could very possibly be quite mean to them now, making fun of them and saying all sorts of horrible things. Like someone else said, there's so much collateral damage in cases like this.

I don't know that there would be any specific reason to bring it up at trial. And I can't think of a reason for it to, during penalty. These are little kids, and are going to have to deal with other kids at school, who could very possibly be quite mean to them now, making fun of them and saying all sorts of horrible things. Like someone else said, there's so much collateral damage in cases like this.

I could just see it being brought up at the penalty phase as her being a "loving big sister" or something like that. Did she babysit them? Go to their school plays? Stuff like that.

I could just see it being brought up at the penalty phase as her being a "loving big sister" or something like that. Did she babysit them? Go to their school plays? Stuff like that.
Yeah, there's pics online of her with them and of her with her other younger cousins. Don't know about babysitting or how involved she was in their lives. It seems like early on, the media reported that she worked at one of the local schools. I'm not really sure what you could bring up in sentencing, to get an earlier chance at parole. One thing I wondered about, will she be incarcerated in a women's or men's prison? She had her name legally changed, but I don't remember if they said anything about if she had legally changed her gender.

Yeah, there's pics online of her with them and of her with her other younger cousins. Don't know about babysitting or how involved she was in their lives. It seems like early on, the media reported that she worked at one of the local schools. I'm not really sure what you could bring up in sentencing, to get an earlier chance at parole. One thing I wondered about, will she be incarcerated in a women's or men's prison? She had her name legally changed, but I don't remember if they said anything about if she had legally changed her gender.

If she had legally changed her gender I would assume she would have been referred to as "he" throughout the trial. She even testified she chose the name Ezra because it was fairly gender neutral sounding.

Watched the Verdict read again on a rerun on Court TV. Ezra turned, and just before being led out of the courtroom, there was a woman in a white scarf who blew her a kiss. Who was that woman?

do you think anything is going to go public like the autopsy photos?

also with the parole do you think she’ll be out in like 20 years?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back