Identified! WI - Ashford, I-41, Wht/HispFem 15-21, 764UFWI, in creek, Nov'08 - Amy Marie Yeary

What would cause heart shaped scars on both ankles???

The only thing I can think of would be a brace of some kind...my sister had to wear one when she was crawling age back in the '70's. Can't remember if her feet turned in or out, but I know it was to correct that. I don't think she has scars from it though, but I suppose anything is possible. Still, it does seem to fit with the whole concepts of knee knocked/pigeon toed, etc. that a brace might have been used at some point in her early life to try to correct that somewhat.

Teens sometimes burn scars onto their body. I remember 'burnouts' putting what we called 'bowl burns' from marijuana pipes on their arms back in HS. I suppose someone could heat up a metal charm that is the shape of a heart and burn that onto their body.

Many of her photo's look like booking photo's. I find it surprising there is no family for dna and no dental info available, but I believe the NamUs default for both is not available if those questions are not answered upon entering the MP or UID into the database.

jmo

Karri's page here says ankles: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/karras_karrie.html

ETA: Side by side with Karri

sidebyside.jpg

On page 4 of this thread there is a rule-out list, and Carina Karras is on it. Blows my mind, because with the heart shaped scars on the ankles, and Carina going missing only 2 hours away, I thought this was a really good possible. Wonder how they ruled her out?

Too bad, I was also thinking the scars could be from rods in the bone. I knew a girl who had a pretty nasty looking arm brace with rods sticking right through the skin into the bone.

That would have fit with the pigeon toe part.....

Could they be wrong?

On page 4 of this thread there is a rule-out list, and Carina Karras is on it. Blows my mind, because with the heart shaped scars on the ankles, and Carina going missing only 2 hours away, I thought this was a really good possible. Wonder how they ruled her out?

I had not seen Carl's list of rule-outs which is far more extensive than the 6 or 7 listed at Namus.

They need to check again. :floorlaugh:

no idea how they ruled her out. there is a time lag of a couple of years but that's no big deal if she did not meet up with trouble the day she disappeared.

we have seen false exclusions before but since it is so hard to make a match on a good day, I'm not sure anyone would take a second look at Karras.

Well the fact that she was last seen boarding a train to destinations whotheheckknows, I don't think the timeline is a problem.

An undocumented immigrant perhaps? Or a runaway whose parents do not understand the importance of having DNA registered with the National Assoc. Missing Persons?

I just want to point out too (forgive me if it was already mentioned and I just overlooked it) that the hair color being a lighter color and the description of her ethnicity being possibly American Indian/Hispanic/Asian could be due to the the circumstances of her hair being exposed to sun for a length of time. The water up here in the creeks is pretty cold year round. Depending on the date of death the water could have preserved her body, but her hair could have been exposed to sun, thereby bleaching it. I wouldn't exclude anyone just because of "Jane"'s hair being described as a lighter color and a possible match having darker or black hair.

MSM Article on Yahoo today. They buried this UID this morning. How sad nobody has come forward with information leading to this person being ID'd.

link

It's so sad she has never been identified.... I just don't understand how some many people never are.... Someone knows her, she is someone's daughter, sister, granddaughter, friend.

I was searching through the canadian missing persons and I saw this woman (Jennifer Catcheway) and she reminded me of the UID ALOT. What do you think? She's not listed as being on the rule outs list either....

http://www.missingcanadians.ca/MissingPeopleInfo2.html#JenniferCatcheway

Trying to compare the two... Not sure how far the distances are between where the Jennifer was last seen and where the UID was found. (Too many distractions from the kiddo to look right now.)

It does say that Jennifer weighed 165 lbs. No ht listed at the above link.

The uid is said to have been wearing a size 0 jeans. I find it hard to believe someoone weighing 165 lbs could fit into a size 0.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WI WI - Fond du Lac County - Female 764UFWI, 15-21, 23 November 2008

The above link for the MP also says Jennifer missed her 18th birthday party and went missing on her birthday. Last seen at a house party, which leads me to believe something happened at that house party.

The only way I think this might be a match is if Jennifer was alive and well long enough to lose enough weight to fit into a size 0 jean.

Still might be worth a further look as Jennifer went missing in June of 20087 and LE believes the TOD for the UID is late summer or early fall 2008. That might be enough time to lose a significant amount of wt.

It would be nice if we could find Jennifers ht. It's not listed at the above link.

jmo

The "Angels" jeans that she's wearing are fairly common in department stores, especially in Kohl's and JC Penny. They're usually around $20-$50 a pair. I wear the exact same size and brand and the UID's height/weight of about 5'1 and 110lb would be perfect in a size 3 of this brand. I'm about 5' 95lb and the jeans tend to be a little loose/long on me but they would fit her perfectly. Unfortunately the brands that she was wearing are fairly common here in Wisconsin and elsewhere so I think it's unlikely that the clothing can be traced back to a specific store.

I'm still undecided if she was from in or out of state but I did find that the 105th Anniversary of Harley Davidson was held in August of '08 at the Milwaukee Summerfest Grounds. The ride to Milwaukee lasted from the 15th-28th and the rally itself went from the 27th-31st. People rode into Milwaukee from all over the country for the event. The location that she was found can be a straight shot out of Milwaukee and is quite close to the festival location (within an hour or so). I think it may be possible that she came in for this event or another (such as the Oshkosh airshow mentioned earlier) and something happened while she was here.

Good point. That reminded me that the Harley Davidson Museum that is there in Milwaukee had its grand opening in July 2008, just ahead of the anniversary event. So I imagine all of these events were probably pretty highly publicized in the area and amongst Harley fans.

Still no leads for "Jane Doe" found in Fond du Lac County

http://ksax.com/article/stories/S2438901.shtml?cat=11872

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) (1/4/12) — Fond du Lac County officials hoped the attention around the funeral they held last month for an unidentified crime victim would have yielded some helpful tips, but so far it hasn't.

About two dozen residents joined reporters and sheriff's and medical examiner's officials for the Dec. 7 funeral of "Jane Doe" in Waupun. Hunters found her in a frozen lake in November 2008.

Authorities say they've done all they could to determine who she was and who killed her.

Sheriff's Lt. Cameron McGee said they've received about 12 leads since the funeral but none panned out. He doesn't know what more to do, but the case will stay open until it's resolved.

Authorities say the girl is 15 to 21 years old, about 5-foot-1 and between 110 and 135 pounds.

This girl sure looks alot like FDLJD.

Devinee Maria Priscilla Pingul
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6534/81
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pingul_devinee.html

2314049160045078242S425x425Q851_zps092f9e18.jpg
2656991700045078242S425x425Q851_zpsc6c250de.jpg

... and her height and age are spot-on. She has blonde streaks in her hair too (just as is described of FDLJD).

Nothing mentioned regarding pigeon-toed gait though.

And the circumstances suggest that she went west to California from Las Vegas, not east to Wisconsin. But who knows if that is reliable info.

Here's a re-post of FDLJD's NamUs UP page:
https://identifyus.org/cases/3043

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637