Identified! WI - Ashford, I-41, Wht/HispFem 15-21, 764UFWI, in creek, Nov'08 - Amy Marie Yeary

Is there a treatment for pigeon-toed/knock-kneed anatomy (say, a brace) that would improve gait? If so, and if there is no evidence of this treatment, then I think the Doe may be an undocumented immigrant.

Also, anyone who has walked through a dollar store knows the clothing there is very poor quality. This was not a woman of means. If she is not undocumented (my first choice), then I would think a runaway that has been on the road awhile.

I do like the idea that she was picked up by someone who took her to the dollar store and bought her clothes. If they were purchased at once, it would explain why the top and the bra/panty set are all from the dollar store.

Is there a treatment for pigeon-toed/knock-kneed anatomy (say, a brace) that would improve gait? If so, and if there is no evidence of this treatment, then I think the Doe may be an undocumented immigrant.

Also, anyone who has walked through a dollar store knows the clothing there is very poor quality. This was not a woman of means. If she is not undocumented (my first choice), then I would think a runaway that has been on the road awhile.

I do like the idea that she was picked up by someone who took her to the dollar store and bought her clothes. If they were purchased at once, it would explain why the top and the bra/panty set are all from the dollar store.

That's Family Dollar, not the Dollar Store. But your point remains the same.

Newbie here, but a Wisconsin local who is covering this case for an online publication in hopes Jane Doe gets her name back.

I also have my own (albeit long shot) suspicion of where she might be from based on her facial shape and the knock-kneed/pigeon toed thing - does anyone know if there is evidence she had ever been pregnant?

Newbie here, but a Wisconsin local who is covering this case for an online publication in hopes Jane Doe gets her name back.

I also have my own (albeit long shot) suspicion of where she might be from based on her facial shape and the knock-kneed/pigeon toed thing - does anyone know if there is evidence she had ever been pregnant?

I don’t think so.

The skeletal findings were detailed enough that if there were indications of prior childbirth, they probably would have mentioned it.

I see she is being discussed as a possible match for Marlene Santana on other social media sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is making them think it is her?

Probably because Marlene had a foot anomaly that might have resulted in the knock-knee/pigeon-toed condition described for the UID. She'd be the right age, and while there's no picture, she certainly looks like she might have grown up to resemble the UID's sketch.

It appears to be a DNA ruleout, however.

Probably because Marlene had a foot anomaly that might have resulted in the knock-knee/pigeon-toed condition described for the UID. She'd be the right age, and while there's no picture, she certainly looks like she might have grown up to resemble the UID's sketch.

It appears to be a DNA ruleout, however.

No DNA rule out I’m seeing.

Per Namus, Marlene has DNA available: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/7501

Since the decedent also has DNA, it should be a ruleout by default.

I believe that largely depends on what form of DNA they have on each one. There are different types of DNA and only codis knows which one they have on file for each individual case. At least that’s my understanding of this.

I believe that largely depends on what form of DNA they have on each one. There are different types of DNA and only codis knows which one they have on file for each individual case. At least that’s my understanding of this.

The new system Namus has implemented over the last couple of years is supposed to have alleviated those problems. I hope they're right -- but for now, it appears to be working.

The new system Namus has implemented over the last couple of years is supposed to have alleviated those problems. I hope they're right -- but for now, it appears to be working.

Any ideas where I can read up on namus DNA usage?

I went through a few pages, and I didn't see Viridiana Maldonado as a possible match being mentioned, if she was already discussed -- disregard this post.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8115/

She hasn't been ruled out in NamUs, she went missing on October 11, 2007 and was wearing "Pants and shirt.". She's 64 inches tall and weighs 115lbs. Jane Doe is estimated at 62inches and 115lbs, so it's not too far off. Her circumstances were very suspicious,
She was last seen by family members on the night of Oct. 11, 2007. She got off work at a local restaurant and stopped by the North Charleston apartment she shared with immediate family. She told family members that she was going out. Later that night, and into the next morning, a relative received a series of text messages. The first indicated that she was going downtown, another that she would be out with a friend named Miguel(of whom her family had never heard). The last message said she planned to return to Mexico, her native country. Her family doesn't think she sent the text messages, as she did not normally communicate via text messages.

Viridiana is a native of Mexico and speaks Spanish.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back