WI WI - Catherine Sjoberg, 16, Concord, 5 June 1974

Very very longshot but could this girl be Catherine? Photo taken by Rodney Alcala. He was released from jail 3 August 1974. Hence the longshot.

Attachments

• 277981-b5e62d741121f03e8aa1d1c4548c1a1c.png
    277981-b5e62d741121f03e8aa1d1c4548c1a1c.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 4
sjoberg_catherine.jpg
catherine_lynne_sjoberg_3.jpg

Catherine Sjoberg, age 16, Missing since 5 June 1974

LINKS:

Catherine Sjoberg | Clearinghouse for Missing & Exploited Children & Adults

Catherine Lynne Sjoberg – The Charley Project

The more I read about Rodney Alcala, the more of a web seems to branch out. They mistakenly look at his FIRST conviction rather than follow his life and locations he lived at paralleled to events of those years.
He suffered a psychotic nervous breakdown in 1964 at the age of 21.
This is one of the most accurate detailed timelines I've seen. Here:
Follow the years and locations. Plus life events.

The more I read about Rodney Alcala, the more of a web seems to branch out. They mistakenly look at his FIRST conviction rather than follow his life and locations he lived at paralleled to events of those years.
He suffered a psychotic nervous breakdown in 1964 at the age of 21.
This is one of the most accurate detailed timelines I've seen. Here:
Follow the years and locations. Plus life events.
He was still in the slammer when Catherine disappeared. Hence the long shot.

Did Edward Edwards explain how he killed Timothy and Kelly? I've been wondering about it... I know he was in other state when Cathy disappeared, but is there any possibility he had an accomplice? Maybe a friend or other employee.
Kelly was tied and strangled, Timothy was stabbed... We can assume Edwards intercepted the couple in the parking, how did he prevent them from running or screaming? I know he may have threatened to kill Kelly if Timothy tried to do something, but it's a very risky scenario: anyone could have left the Concord House in that moment and witnessed the abduction. Aside from that: their bodies were far from Concord House, it's not very likely they went on foot, so how did Edwards force a couple to enter in a vehicle? Why not using the couple's vehicle? I really think there were two people involved: one who controlled the couple, another who drove the vehicle.
I know: Zodiac, for instance, killed couples all alone, yes, but he killed them in the same scenario where he approached them. This is more difficult: Timothy, Kelly and Cathy weren't in an isolated lover's lane, but next to a dance hall full of people.
And even if Edwards wasn't in Wisconsin and he wasn't involved in Cathy's disappearance, that potential accomplice may have been there...
I know I'm assuming too much.

sjoberg_catherine.jpg

Catherine Lynne Sjoberg
Missing since 5 June 1974
From Concord, Wisconsin

Catherine Lynne Sjoberg was last seen on June 5th, 1974 leaving Concord Center House from the Oconomowoc High School post-prom party during the early morning hours.

The prom was held at the Jefferson County Concord House dance hall on Interstate 94 interchange in Concord, Wisconsin.

According to a friend, Catherine stepped outside the Concord House around 3:00am for a breath of fresh air and never returned.

Catherine is described as a white female with long and straight brown hair, parted in the middle in 1970’s style.

She has green eyes, freckles, high cheekbones and both of her ears are pierced.

When she was last seen, Catherine was wearing a long formal blue prom dress with white flowers and a corsage. She had on high heeled shoes and was wearing a gold chain and a gold pin.

Because she was supposed to spend the night at a friend’s house, her mother didn’t realize she was missing until the next day. Her mother does not believe that Catherine ran away.

She is 5’5”, 115-125 pounds, and was 17 years old when she went missing...

LINK:

Did Edward Edwards explain how he killed Timothy and Kelly? I've been wondering about it... I know he was in other state when Cathy disappeared, but is there any possibility he had an accomplice? Maybe a friend or other employee.
Kelly was tied and strangled, Timothy was stabbed... We can assume Edwards intercepted the couple in the parking, how did he prevent them from running or screaming? I know he may have threatened to kill Kelly if Timothy tried to do something, but it's a very risky scenario: anyone could have left the Concord House in that moment and witnessed the abduction. Aside from that: their bodies were far from Concord House, it's not very likely they went on foot, so how did Edwards force a couple to enter in a vehicle? Why not using the couple's vehicle? I really think there were two people involved: one who controlled the couple, another who drove the vehicle.
I know: Zodiac, for instance, killed couples all alone, yes, but he killed them in the same scenario where he approached them. This is more difficult: Timothy, Kelly and Cathy weren't in an isolated lover's lane, but next to a dance hall full of people.
And even if Edwards wasn't in Wisconsin and he wasn't involved in Cathy's disappearance, that potential accomplice may have been there...
I know I'm assuming too much.
Edwards could have used a knife, gun, drugs, alcohol to lure them into the parking lot away from the main part of the hall. Maybe they were sitting in a car making out. He forced them both into a different car - remember these are 17 year old teenagers. Back then was different - we played outside until the street lights came on. Seeing a gun or knife pointed at them, they may freak out. Fight Flight or Freeze. They complied with Edwards wishes out of fear for their lives. He probably threatened to kill them where they stood in some manner before kidnapping them. I think Catherine walked outside by herself and someone could have followed right behind her, a man, a woman, an employee. Maybe she walked out further away from the building which made her more vulnerable to being abducted. It's a mystery for now.

To everyone who mentioned hitchhiking, due to the geography of the area this would be highly unlikely. The concord house is pretty rural and located on a country road. There are some nearby houses and back then there was an campground located adjacent to the Concord House. It is unlikely there were many people in the campground ona fall night. If she left that location, it would have likely have been with someone from nearby residence or more likely with someone from the Concord House. I don’t see anywhere where it mentions who she rode with to arrive there but since there is also no mention of her having a car, we can only speculate. If she didn’t have a car, she would have had a plan on how she was getting home, or going to her friend’s for the night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back