Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief of Police

-9pm April 24th Lily Peters was reported missing by her father after not returning home from a visit to her Aunt's house in the 400 block of North Grove St.

-Her bike was located by officers in the woods near a walking trail at the end of North Grove St. at Allina Cools Brewery Parking Lot

-9:15 am this morning, her body was located in the wooded area near the walking trail

-Coroners office has confirmed this is Lily

-Considered homicide

-Numerous assisting agencies

-Be aware and maintain a state of vigilance, as there may be a danger to the public

-Nobody in custody yet

-Additional press conference at 5 pm tonight

(this presser was rapid speed, will go back and listen to get the rest verbatim, there isn't much)

ETA: Link to replay of presser - starts around 7:00

He also said there could be a danger to the public. So sad! I hope they get whoever did this. Prayers for Lily and her family and friends.

Heartfelt condolences to those who love and cherished Lily

So many bad things happening on walking trails these days.

You can’t even go for a walk or ride your bike these days without being on guard and fearful.

So incredibly sad for Lily and all those who know and love her.

Does anyone have Broadcastify to do a rewind on the scanner in the basement here?

We are not allowed to discuss anything said on the scanner here on this thread, but, it sounds like we need to hear the scanner information for the last hour or two.

I am sadly marking this case because of Lily going missing on her bike, near a trail.

I am always exploring possibilities of linkage for Lyric & Lizzy in Iowa, along with Abby & Libby in Delphi.

WG
There are over 500 miles of bike/walking trails just in the county where I live in Indiana.

Unfortunately with more and more trails being created maybe we have developed a false sense of security. Kids often walk and bike alone on the trails.

No arrests have been made, and police said they are following up on multiple leads. Kelm said he expects to provide more information at a press conference Monday evening.
[snip]
“We encourage anyone with information to please contact the Chippewa Falls Police Department and to maintain a state of vigilance as there may be a danger to the public,” Kelm said
Lily Peters, Missing Wis. Girl, Found Dead; Police Investigating As Homicide

Police used drones to search the wooded area and law enforcement members were on foot along the Duncan Creek Trail where the bike was found.

Lily was a fourth-grader at Parkview Elementary School.
Girl, 10, found dead in woods after bike discovered as cops probe 'homicide'

So sad and considering how she was found I doubt this is the parents or other family members doing. Given the nature of how she was left I think this is the case of a sick pervert grabbing her off the street etc and then leaving her there

Police having surveillance footage from a neighbor's house is really promising but his seeing BIKES pleural, at 4 AM is really concerning.

Chief of Police

-9pm April 24th Lily Peters was reported missing by her father after not returning home from a visit to her Aunt's house in the 400 block of North Grove St.

-Her bike was located by officers in the woods near a walking trail at the end of North Grove St. at Allina Cools Brewery Parking Lot

-9:15 am this morning, her body was located in the wooded area near the walking trail

-Coroners office has confirmed this is Lily

-Considered homicide

-Numerous assisting agencies

-Be aware and maintain a state of vigilance, as there may be a danger to the public

-Nobody in custody yet

-Additional press conference at 5 pm tonight

(this presser was rapid speed, will go back and listen to get the rest verbatim, there isn't much)

ETA: Link to replay of presser - starts around 7:00

ETA - the transcription on the presser was incorrect when I went back to update the notes.

It should read - -Her bike was located by officers in the woods near a walking trail at the end of North Grove St. at Leinenkugal Brewery Parking Lot

Very scary! Don't think this will turn out well. Prayers for Lily. ***total side note the sniffing of the reporter is driving me nuts
The reporter is holding back tears - her voice is shaking, she's really emotional. The sniffing <modsnip> is actually a very sad reporter. :(

So sad and considering how she was found I doubt this is the parents or other family members doing. Given the nature of how she was left I think this is the case of a sick pervert grabbing her off the street etc and then leaving her there
I have a granddaughter this age so this is just breaking my heart. I looked up registered sex offenders in her area and there are two within just a couple of blocks of her home, one with repeated assaults against a child. NOT saying it's related or that any of these people are involved in any way, but as a parent myself it is really disturbing how many such individuals live in our quiet neighborhoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici