Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any type of abandoned houses/sheds etc. in the area. Question for our locals.

I can’t believe how sad this case is…RIP sweet Lily..

I’m also stuck on them saying there is a danger to the community. It’s really hard not to draw some comparisons to Delphi. I don’t remember them claiming there is a danger to the public. I hope they did a better job of preserving the scene for this case.

I know this will be a case I’ll hold with me forever, you and your family won’t be forgotten sweet girl

I think we all thought Delphi immediately.
The big difference is the urgency with which LE let the public know to be alert and that LE was watching the schools.
It makes me wonder if there wasn’t a note of some sort with the body or a call later threatening the community children.

No I was thinking more of a bump, grab and go to a secondary scene. After dark return to initial scene with bike and poor Lily. Probably unlikely but is has happened.

I agree with you. I believe she was harmed away from the scene and brought back. IMO.

This is a good picture of the bridge but why would she have crossed the creek way up there when there is another bridge across the creek on the most direct route between the two homes?

Just my thoughts, but I’m thinking she went that way because she is 10 years old and that route is way more interesting than the shorter route home.
When I was 10, I’m sure that’s the way I would’ve gone too. As an adult I would look at it differently.

Everyone keeps saying other names of girls that were taken - but I'm thinking of Autumn Pasquale (sp)? Young girl and she was going to sell or give her bike to a group of guys. One of those young men killed the 12? yr old girl. That's who I keep thinking of.
I was also thinking about her! But forgot her name. So sad.

This case is making me think of a girl named Amber. I can't recall her last name. She was 14 I believe. She was walking her dog on a popular walking trail. The perp rode his motorbike on the trail and then ambushed her and she was killed in the bushes, during the day when other people were using the trail.

One of the pieces of evidence that helped him get convicted was the data from an app that measured how fast she walked and where. They could see her entire trip from when she left home, during the attack, and then when the perp put it in his backpack and sped home on his motorbike.

April Millsapp? That is who I am thinking of. Absolutely tragic and broke her poor mother.

It doesn't look like any of those cameras will be helpful. Hopefully someone who lives along the trail has footage of the trail.
I agree. I believe any cameras that may be helpful will come from the east side (cemetery side) or North. I can’t find my source at the moment but I believe she was found on the East side of the creek/river, IMO!

This case is making me think of a girl named Amber. I can't recall her last name. She was 14 I believe. She was walking her dog on a popular walking trail. The perp rode his motorbike on the trail and then ambushed her and she was killed in the bushes, during the day when other people were using the trail.

One of the pieces of evidence that helped him get convicted was the data from an app that measured how fast she walked and where. They could see her entire trip from when she left home, during the attack, and then when the perp put it in his backpack and sped home on his motorbike.

You're think about April Milsap, and yes, there do seem to be similarities along with the Dephi and Evansdale murders.

I watched the trial of the killer, Van Callis, and one of the best lines I've ever heard at a trial came out. The Fitbit was moved at a speed greater than a human can run, obviously taken away by Van Callis on his motorcycle. The defense tried to insinuate that maybe her dog ran off with it instead, and asked the Fitbit expert how fast a dog could run. The expert deadpanned "Sir, I have no opinion on the top speed of a Border Collie".

I know the suggestion is out there that maybe this is another Tristyn Bailey type case, but to me it smells more like April Milsap, a random encounter with a sexual predator.

No I was thinking more of a bump, grab and go to a secondary scene. After dark return to initial scene with bike and poor Lily. Probably unlikely but is has happened.
The only thing that is confusing about that is....why return her to the place she disappears from? How would one know there was not already people looking for her? I would think if she were taken to a secondary scene she would have been left somewhere else, away from possible searchers, etc.
ETA..I know it was early for the police or a search team but given the time of day one might assume her parents or aunt or someone might be looking a very short time after not arriving home.

It seems like a lot of perps would take her and not leave her. This suggests to me that the person did not have a car and could not take her into a home because they don't have a home in that area or they do not live alone.

It seems like a lot of perps would take her and not leave her. This suggests to me that the person did not have a car and could not take her into a home because they don't have a home in that area or they do not live alone.

Or maybe they have some awareness of forensic science, and don’t want evidence that she was in their home? Or have neighbors that might see something?

I think we all thought Delphi immediately.
The big difference is the urgency with which LE let the public know to be alert and that LE was watching the schools.
It makes me wonder if there wasn’t a note of some sort with the body or a call later threatening the community children.

I wonder if it was a local teen boy.

I believe where they found her is the scene of the crime.

8:30 would be the proximate time and just when it's getting dark and traffic pretty much quieted down.

Yes there sure would be a danger to the community. Until they find who did this every child is in danger.

God Bless little Lily.

Edited my post because I finally found the name of the girl I was thinking of. Her name was Alanna Gallagher. She was just a 6-year-old girl enjoying her summer when her 17-year-old neighbor coaxed her into his home and murdered her. The details made me want to vomit. I keep thinking about that murder.

I was thinking that too. Statistically, it seems it's likely a man in his late 20's with no romantic partner, but I'm thinking maybe local teen also.

I could be wrong but I am thinking local teen. IIRC, there were people who were not far from the location where Lily's body was found. I think it's possible that one or more people may have noticed something that was odd, but didn't think enough of it to report it at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte