Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE heartbreaking death of a young Wisconsin girl is eerily similar to a 26-year-old cold case that inspired the Amber Alert, according to a former FBI agent.

The body of Iliana "Lily" Peters, 10, was discovered in a wooded area not far from her bike on Monday morning outside the Lienenkugel's Brewery in Chippewa Falls, which is a few blocks north of her home.

NINTCHDBPICT000728836551-4.jpg

More at Death of girl, 10, has similarities to cold case that inspired Amber Alert

Ugh this breaks my heart. I really hope this one is solved unlike Amber’s case that remains unsolved. Praying there is good DNA evidence.

The statement that I saw LE refused to answer if she had arrived at Aunts house do we have them telling us that she did arrive?

From the same link:

"According to the Chippewa Falls Police Department, Iliana Peters “Lily” was last seen by family Sunday evening. Iliana’s father called police at 9 p.m. after she had not returned from visiting with her aunt in the 400 block of North Grove St."
Body Of Missing10-Year-Old Chippewa Falls Girl Found; Homicide Suspected

I’m a local. I live in Chippewa Falls.
<modsnip >

I’m assuming he told Lily to ‘be home by x’ and didn’t know she’d left the aunt’s and the aunt didn’t know she didn’t make it home. Presumably dad searched for a period of time before calling LE. So this likely happened between 5 and 8pm. Her bike ride home was about 6 minutes one way (the trail) and 4 minutes the other way (Columbia to Rushman).

Some things about this area: When it gets to spring, people dress down. My son insisted on wearing shorts today, it was a high of 48. Lily had a 3/4 zip pullover not a 3/4 sleeve. Think a sweatshirt. The trail has been there for years. Google images shows it very green and overgrown. It’s April, the pavement of the entire path is visible from across the river because there are no leaves. If you stand on Prairie street (both prairie street and birch street start on one side of the creek and continue on the other) and look across the creek, there is a steep embankment from the water up to the path. Then the path. ‘Behind’ the path is a very steep hill. Today there were LE searching the hill. Above the hill is the cemetery, so the cemetery isn’t visible from the trail. There’s a VERY low chance she would have gone up that hill, although when I was a kid, we climbed on occasion as it was a shortcut from the baseball fields to the pool. Again, this ‘woods’ isn’t grown in yet, so the hillside is visible from across the creek. Prairie street isn’t busy. At all, but there are homes facing the creek. I would guess a 10 year old would choose the interesting, fun ride through the trail And over the Leinies bridge every time. If I had to guess I would guess she took that route regularly.

I think where she was found is probably the crime scene, or very close. If dad was looking starting at 8pm then LE was canvassing starting at 9 and going overnight, nobody could have brought the body back to the woods without being seen. I’m guessing, since it took 12 hours to find the body that it was hidden, which would support LE pivoting to homicide upon discovery of the body. Part of me thinks this was a local kid or two, older than her, who just wanted to mess with her. Maybe evilly motivated, maybe accidentally, but then tossed her bike and concealed her body.

But the community is on edge.

Thank you for all of this information. It's helpful to get a visual. Maybe her body was down over that embankment and that's why she wasn't seen? You mentioned the bridge is that bridge anywhere near where she was found like could it be she was down over the embankment and maybe near that bridge area partly under it?

<modsnip>

I’m assuming he told Lily to ‘be home by x’ and didn’t know she’d left the aunt’s and the aunt didn’t know she didn’t make it home. Presumably dad searched for a period of time before calling LE. So this likely happened between 5 and 8pm. Her bike ride home was about 6 minutes one way (the trail) and 4 minutes the other way (Columbia to Rushman).

Some things about this area: When it gets to spring, people dress down. My son insisted on wearing shorts today, it was a high of 48. Lily had a 3/4 zip pullover not a 3/4 sleeve. Think a sweatshirt. The trail has been there for years. Google images shows it very green and overgrown. It’s April, the pavement of the entire path is visible from across the river because there are no leaves. If you stand on Prairie street (both prairie street and birch street start on one side of the creek and continue on the other) and look across the creek, there is a steep embankment from the water up to the path. Then the path. ‘Behind’ the path is a very steep hill. Today there were LE searching the hill. Above the hill is the cemetery, so the cemetery isn’t visible from the trail. There’s a VERY low chance she would have gone up that hill, although when I was a kid, we climbed on occasion as it was a shortcut from the baseball fields to the pool. Again, this ‘woods’ isn’t grown in yet, so the hillside is visible from across the creek. Prairie street isn’t busy. At all, but there are homes facing the creek. I would guess a 10 year old would choose the interesting, fun ride through the trail And over the Leinies bridge every time. If I had to guess I would guess she took that route regularly.

I think where she was found is probably the crime scene, or very close. If dad was looking starting at 8pm then LE was canvassing starting at 9 and going overnight, nobody could have brought the body back to the woods without being seen. I’m guessing, since it took 12 hours to find the body that it was hidden, which would support LE pivoting to homicide upon discovery of the body. Part of me thinks this was a local kid or two, older than her, who just wanted to mess with her. Maybe evilly motivated, maybe accidentally, but then tossed her bike and concealed her body.

But the community is on edge.

Thanks for all this info! I too think she must have left her Aunt’s house no longer than 6pm after either having a meal there or going home to join her family for one. It would be even more brazen for an attack or abduction around 5-6pm because it’s still light out. It does make it more likely for a teen ( or a group of them) to be involved who didn’t have a car and simply went home afterwards?

There must be something on surveillance and I really hope an arrest is announced soon!!

Thanks for your insight and welcome to the board. It's sad that it's under such grim circumstances. If this is the work of a teen, I'm guessing it would be a fairly dark, withdrawn individual. Of course, it seems that most teens are fairly withdrawn and socially awkward these days.

Hello...fiddling with Google Earth...an approximate distance between bike and and location of body is about 400 ft. Someone asked up-thread and piqued my interest, too. Just upsetting, must say!

The brewery has a bar? 0r there is a bar near the trail? Could someone coming out of the bar see the trail? Or be close enough to see it?

News 18 just showed an area with red tape...they seem to be concentrating there...it can't be more than 20 ft. from concrete path...just entering the brewery area...end of path towards brewery...very out in the open...hmmm

I think it’s either a local middle aged man or an older teen male. Potentially someone who groomed her and she trusted him enough to follow him off the path to where she died. I think local since they told the public to me aware and not let kids outside alone (paraphrased). I hope it’s a local so there is a chance of catching him vs someone just passing through and is long gone.

CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (WSAW) - The Chippewa Falls community is still mourning the loss of 10-year-old Lily Peters. She was found dead Monday morning. Now, a petition is making the rounds to help prevent future incidents like this from happening.

The petition was started to create what’s called a “Lily Alert.” The idea is similar to an Amber Alert, to notify the community through their cell phones and other media that a child has been reported missing.

Petition created for ‘Lily Alerts’ after Chippewa Falls girl’s death

Saved this below for the very last paragraph:

<snip>

The News 18 reporter on the scene has not seen anyone being arrested, or sitting in the back of a police car. It appears whatever happened here is already over, and police are not in rushing about and there doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency.

Breaking: Large police presence at N. Grove Street home in Chippewa Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member