Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if the house is the crime scene and her body was moved afterwards. LE taped off the house and gathered bags of evidence. Hard to know what exactly happened without further details.

I'm wondering the same thing. If Lily was murdered inside her aunt's home, then someone would have had to have moved her body to the location where it was found. This is JMO, but I would think that would be a pretty difficult physical task for a single adolescent male to accomplish, and in addition, to not have been seen by anyone (an assumption) in the act of moving Lily. Very hopeful we get some idea of what happened that resulted in Lily's murder.

All JMO

I am wondering if the house is the crime scene and her body was moved afterwards. LE taped off the house and gathered bags of evidence. Hard to know what exactly happened without further details.

I’m wondering the same thing :( My heart breaks for this sweet, innocent little girl who trusted someone she should have been able to trust. It makes me sick to my stomach and so incredibly pi$$ed off knowing evil like this walks among us.

Juvenile suspect arrested in connection with the death of a 10-year-old girl in Wisconsin | CNN

Updated 11:19 AM EDT, Wed April 27, 2022

Police in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, have arrested a juvenile suspect in connection with the death of 10-year-old Illiana “Lily” Peters, Police Chief Matthew Kelm said Tuesday night.

“The suspect was not a stranger, the suspect was known to the victim,” Kelm told reporters. “We do not believe there is any danger to the community at this time.”

The chief did not release the name of the suspect, who is in custody, or say how the suspect and Lily knew each other.

A bond hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. Wednesday, according to the Chippewa County District Attorney’s Office.

ETA: CNN reporting 2pm hearing vs 1pm? What does the Court say?

Juvenile suspect arrested in connection with the death of a 10-year-old girl in Wisconsin | CNN

Updated 11:19 AM EDT, Wed April 27, 2022

Police in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, have arrested a juvenile suspect in connection with the death of 10-year-old Illiana “Lily” Peters, Police Chief Matthew Kelm said Tuesday night.

“The suspect was not a stranger, the suspect was known to the victim,” Kelm told reporters. “We do not believe there is any danger to the community at this time.”

The chief did not release the name of the suspect, who is in custody, or say how the suspect and Lily knew each other.

A bond hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. Wednesday, according to the Chippewa County District Attorney’s Office.

ETA: CNN reporting 2pm hearing vs 1pm? What does the Court say?
Probably 1pm central / 2pm EST.

Not necessarily a crime scene but gathering evidence and they don't want anything moved.

In addition, we don't know the full story of exactly what criminal acts have occurred here. The murder could have happened in the woods but LE have reason to believe a different criminal act occurred in the house. We just have to wait until the full narrative comes out.

In addition, we don't know the full story of exactly what criminal acts have occurred here. The murder could have happened in the woods but LE have reason to believe a different criminal act occurred in the house. We just have to wait until the full narrative comes out.
It could have been the suspect had ties to the house and they were searching for potential evidence. They would already need enough evidence at that point to search, however.

Why wouldn't LE search the house?! They are looking for the killer's clothes, shoes, a possible weapon, etc. I think Lily was most likely killed where the body was recovered. MOO

ETA: Case sounds similar to the murder of 6 yr old Jenise Wright by her teen neighbor. Victim's DNA found on his clothing on his closet floor.

Bremerton man sentenced 40 years to life for murder of Jenise Wright | king5.com

Last edited:
Why wouldn't LE search the house?! They are looking for the killer's clothes, shoes, a possible weapon, etc. I think Lily was most likely killed where the body was recovered. MOO

ETA: Case sounds similar to the murder of 6 yr old Jenise Wright by her teen neighbor. Victim's DNA found on his clothing on his closet floor.

Bremerton man sentenced 40 years to life for murder of Jenise Wright | king5.com

I was agreeing with everyone who was making that same point. I'm just saying we shouldn't immediately assume that because LE have taped off the house that the murder occurred there. They don't necessarily need to put crime scene tape up to serve a warrant; I think it's most likely she was killed near where she was found - but I do think LE believe something criminal occurred in the house (I posted yesterday that it might be just someone trying to hide evidence so I'm totally in agreement there.)

Crime scene tape (police tape) is also used by LE to protect the officers and residents of the property while carrying out their job. (Think of a safety barrier). This is not a large town with multiple personnel resources to stand guard.

Police previously had to put out a request for the public to stop driving down N. Grove St as the traffic was disturbing everybody including the neighbors.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member