Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a child is prosecuted as an adult as he is, does that mean he is sentenced and incarcerated with adults from this point forward?

I followed a very similar case (14 year old who sexually assaulted and murdered a six year old) and the judge in that case stated that one of the good reasons to move that case from juvenile to superior (adult) court was that in superior court sentencing he would have more flexibility in how the offender could be housed to keep him safe from other adult prisoners but at the same time keep everyone else safe from the offender - like the current case, he had made comments that led experts to believe that other incarcerated children would not be safe around him.

I would imagine that anyone who knows or is even familiar with the accused is reeling right now. And in a small community like this the families of children who are acquainted with this boy are probably in shock. I can't even imagine...

I mean he PLANNED the attack, sexual assault, AND the murder.

Wow. Just wow.

Big respect for local law enforcement - they have been stellar, imho.

The suspect is in court now. You can watch here.

One of the conditions of bond the state is requesting is no contact with juveniles. Apparently he made statements to LE stating his intention was to "rape and kill the victim from the get-go."

The prosecutor said he strangled her to the point of death then sexually assaulted her. Apparently he used a stick to assault her as well. I feel physically ill.
And all this time he's been hanging out with her, over the days, months, possibly years, playing and interacting with her and other friends and relatives...and he suddenly has this impulse? To kill and rape her? Hard to grasp this whole horrible crime and I can only believe he's what one would call "a bad seed,"someone born with criminal tendencies and lack of empathy or sympathy... Perhaps environment played a part along the way, but I'm thinking someone this evil is simply born that way. JMO

Maybe premature to wonder...
But, the prosecution will talk to people he attended school with, neighborhood children and anyone that was in arm's length of him correct?
I feel there is a huge possibility and probability that he has sexually assaulted other kids.
That information could secure him never being released into society again. (Hopefully)

AMOO JMO MOO

And all this time he's been hanging out with her, over the days, months, possibly years, playing and interacting with her and other friends and relatives...and he suddenly has this impulse? To kill and rape her? Hard to grasp this whole horrible crime and I can only believe he's what one would call "a bad seed,"someone born with criminal tendencies and lack of empathy or sympathy... Perhaps environment played a part along the way, but I'm thinking someone this evil is simply born that way. JMO

Sadly, the impulse may not have been that "sudden." He may have been abusing Lily for some time; or he may have other victims that he has perpetrated abuse on and this was an escalation.

When a child is prosecuted as an adult as he is, does that mean he is sentenced and incarcerated with adults from this point forward?
No- they are either in a completely separate facility or a segregated part of a prison where they do not have contact with adults. Wisconsin does have secure juvenile facilities for this. When they turn 18 they can be moved into the adult population.

Obviously since the news broke of Lily's death we all thought of not just her family, but her friends and classmates and what tough news that must be.

Reading all of this I am also thinking about the classmates of the charged individual, and I imagine they'll have their own struggles taking in this news. It's scary to learn that somebody you've spent large chunks of time around stands accused of something this horrific. Really hope that whole community is just surrounded by love and support.

Glad this is finally reported- this person bravely reported what she saw and led LE to the right spot

The person who called police did not see Lily. She read the Reddit post by someone who claimed to have seen her, then reported the post to police. I personally don’t think it’s very significant, but it got picked up as an interesting detail. People were actually suggesting that the original poster was involved.

So so so sad that he was walking her home - he was supposedly keeping her safe, helping her feel safe, the one to protect her...only to do that.

I am so sad for her last moments on the earth - just awful awful picture those details paint.

Multiple people's lives ruined forever. I hope he feels the true weight of his evil choice for the rest of his life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms