Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a good idea to check if he had a girlfriend at some point that could've been victimized too. I don't think it's possible to go from not abusing anyone to murder someone. Also, if there are girls in his home, it's probably best to interview them too. Poor Lily.

actually best to talk to any kids, male or female, he's had contact with IMO

The recent case of David Bonola who stabbed Orsolya Gaal in Queens, NY, over 55 times and slit her throat, both adults, comes to mind. David confessed openly without counsel, we were told. And speaks English as a second language but can communicate well enough in English. Will his confession be tossed as well? I assume he was given his rights and refused them. I hope Lily's killer had his rights read and given to him so there is no way he can escape prosecution over some stupid legality.

The rules might be different for 14 year olds.

Agreed that there is most likely incriminating evidence that would have been discovered anyway.

Last edited:
This case has upset me more than any I can remember during the decades I've been following true crime.

I think maybe child-on-child violence is more upsetting emotionally than adult-on-child violence, because we expect children to be incorruptible up to a certain age, even though time and time again we've seen minors commit horrific crimes.

But I think the most devastating fact here is that the perp was known to the victim.

MOO.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but I wonder if those who know the perpetrator are now looking back and realizing there were potentially red flags that they initially missed or wrote off but now seem crystal clear?

I hate to even think it but I would also be on alert for potential copycat crimes.

This is such a heartbreaking case. My condolences to Lily's loved ones, friends, and community.

MOO.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but I wonder if those who know the perpetrator are now looking back and realizing there were potentially red flags that they initially missed or wrote off but now seem crystal clear?

I hate to even think it but I would also be on alert for potential copycat crimes.

This is such a heartbreaking case. My condolences to Lily's loved ones, friends, and community.
Oh there absolutely had to have been warning signs; crimes like this don't typically come out of nowhere. I'd be interested to know his past history, as there's gotta be concerning things there.

I'm not concerned about a copycat or anything. This was a sexually motivated crime committed by a very sick teenager.

Chippewa Falls struggles to comprehend Lily Peters' death | kare11.com

4/27/22

Smiskey, who owns The Chippewa Store with his wife in downtown Chippewa Falls, said almost everybody in this community of 13,000 people has some personal connection to the tragedy.

[..]

“I think everyone wants to feel like they’re helping in some way,” she said. “This is like nothing we’ve ever experienced. I don’t even think I have the vocabulary.”

Ouimette said many parents expressed a sense of fear early in the investigation, before Chippewa Falls Police announced the arrest of a 14-year-old suspect in connection with Lily’s killing.

Now, that fear has turned to a mix of anger, confusion and many other emotions.

“I think a lot of people are still shocked, and it’s just taking it in, and realizing that bad things happen,” Ouimette said. “There’s just a lot of quietness going around.”

When a 14 year old pre-meditates a murder, I'm curious whether that child was exposed to ideas about murdering a young girl earlier in life. We don't know how old the suspect was when he went off the rails; stopped feeling empathy, but, given what he has done, I'm thinking that he has been exposed to very questionable ideas throughout his life.

I don't believe that people are born sociopaths, but I do believe that neglect in early childhood can lead to very young children shutting down emotions when they are ignored - a defence mechanism. Opinion.

I also wonder whether he was trying to impress someone by murdering a young girl - prove that he has what it takes to be a man. That is, was he around someone who talked about murdering young girls but who was all talk, and the suspect got the idea to follow through?
IMO - Psychopaths are born, Sociopaths are made
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Wisconsin DA says 14-year-old boy is the suspect in the death of 10-year-old Lily Peters - East Idaho News

Karl Schmidt, an attorney for defendant, had argued that his client doesn’t pose a flight risk.

“He cannot drive. He is not in a position to raise much money, frankly, at all on his own. He resides with his mother. He is a lifetime resident of Chippewa County,” Schmidt said.

Newell said the defendant also made a statement to law enforcement that he punched the victim in the stomach, knocking her to ground, “essentially strangled her, hit her with a stick, before strangling her to the point of death, before he then sexually assaulted her.”

The juvenile defendant’s next hearing is set for 4:30 p.m. ET on May 5, at which he will appear via video, not in person.

Newell said it is premature to make any determinations regarding whether the case will remain in adult court. In Wisconsin, first-degree intentional homicide, which is the first count in the criminal complaint, by law originally starts in adult court.
So is KS a public defender or did the suspect's family hire a lawyer? I say suspect but trust the certainty of LE on this one...

Chippewa Falls Area Unified School District | Chippewa Falls, WI 54729

Chippewa Falls, a town of only 13,000 residents, there is only 1 high school, 1 middle school, and 6 elementary schools.

The accused attends the middle school which hosts students in grades 6 - 8. Lily was a grade 4 student.

On Friday, April 29, the school district (students, staff) and the community are invited to wear purple to show their support of Lily and her family.

By all accounts, the community is in shock. The neighbors of the suspect are in disbelief. Their children played with both the victim and the suspect.

It's shattering to know that they will live with this breach of trust for the rest of their lives, as well as the memory of the brutal, horrific assault a daughter of the town endured at the hands of a town son. I'm so very sorry for them. :(:(

278758177_5794263113933712_896074521024225621_n.jpg

I keep going to this dark space in my thought process…IMHO, the sexual assault component here was definitely steered by “control/power”…at 14 no less…so disconcerting…of course there will be an underlying sexual aspect induced by that control. The disturbing part, for me…to bring someone to the point of death…meaning in the process of dying…is very macabre…again, IMHO, it shows a specific type of cunning that speaks to premeditation…seems to know exactly what he is doing…so disturbing. Was this learned elsewhere? ETA…Also, was this “coached” elsewhere? Again and again..MOO

I keep going to this dark space in my thought process…IMHO, the sexual assault component here was definitely steered by “control/power”…at 14 no less…so disconcerting…of course there will be an underlying sexual aspect induced by that control. The disturbing part, for me…to bring someone to the point of death…meaning in the process of dying…is very macabre…again, IMHO, it shows a specific type of cunning that speaks to premeditation…seems to know exactly what he is doing…so disturbing. Was this learned elsewhere? Again and again..MOO

MOO, yes!

I keep going to this dark space in my thought process…IMHO, the sexual assault component here was definitely steered by “control/power”…at 14 no less…so disconcerting…of course there will be an underlying sexual aspect induced by that control. The disturbing part, for me…to bring someone to the point of death…meaning in the process of dying…is very macabre…again, IMHO, it shows a specific type of cunning that speaks to premeditation…seems to know exactly what he is doing…so disturbing. Was this learned elsewhere? Again and again..MOO

I wasn't sure how to interpret the prosecutor's description of the murder, but the description of strangling her, sexually assaulting her after she is deceased, does give the impression that he didn't realize how long it takes to completely strangle a young healthy person until they are completely dead. Sounds more like lack of experience than cunning.

I wasn't sure how to interpret the prosecutor's description of the murder, but the description of strangling her, sexually assaulting her after she is deceased, does give the impression that he didn't realize how long it takes to completely strangle a young healthy person until they are completely dead. Sounds more like lack of experience than cunning.
Yes, good point…could be? But I am of the thought that this was not a 0 to full-blown crime…something is taking place here that does not sit well with me and speaks to how very awful aspects this 14 year old is manifesting…internally and def externally…IMHO

ETA…so sorry…maybe I am just inconsolably amazed…sad

Last edited:
MOO.

I’m sure he has at least a few teachers/former teachers who aren’t shocked (and I’m saying this being a teacher myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500