Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
for sure! I had to take my son to the ER for a simple knee injury during a football game this fall and while he was getting an Xray a visiting dog happened by the room and his whole deal was "leaning" against people. It was the BEST and I just LOVED on that dog. I can't even imagine the healing these dogs do for people dealing with "real" issues. My kid is fine - just a bone bruise but I'll NEVER forget that dog.
I'm the blessed person of a therapy dog. She's a rescue, and was born to do it. Nothing makes her happier than visiting the hospital. She loves maternity-- befriending ex-only children as they ponder their new world order. Emergency too -- the pets to steps ratio is highest there. But her absolute favorite are those rare occasions when she's allowed to get on the bed for a serious snuggle.

If your dog has "the calling" it's not that hard to get certified -- they don't need to do tricks or stay on command while you leave the room. They just need to love people, not jump up and not be easily rattled. It's a great feeling to see your pup bring joy and comfort to total strangers.

I've had Elizabeth Smart in my thoughts every since Jayme was abducted. I've felt in my gut that this was going to be a similar scenario. Of course we don't know the details yet. I hope there is some way to get Elizabeth in touch with Jayme. Elizabeth has made such a remarkable recovery from her ordeal and I think she could be of help to Jayme.

Lots of people are posting on Elizabeth's FB page about Jayme being found alive.

WHAT a miracle!! I have been silently following this case. I have two concurrent thoughts. "OMG! She must be so relieved to be safe" and "OMG...the poor girl has likely been abused and has to come to terms with the loss of her parents." We can only imagine what else she has been through. She will need a lot of social support moving forward.

This poor girl has the media posted outside of the house she's going home to. I know everyone is excited that she's coming home, but I hope they are respectful. I can't image what it's going to be like for her tonight. I expect her family won't be leaving her side for a long time. So much fear and sorrow.
I wish the media would respect her and back off.

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I just found a twitter post stating exactly that - that Jayme was running barefoot through the woods in Eau Claire Acres when she encountered a woman who lives in a cabin there outside with her dog & Jayme screamed to her about the man having killed her parents and then law enforcement were called - immediately on scene they id'd Jayme as Jayme and then arrested the suspect.
OMG she must have been freezing running through snow like that!

Paul Blume on Twitter
All the green. All the hope. All the prayers for #JaymeCloss answered tonight in Barron, WI. Unbelievable!

Dwm0W8LWsAEn6G8.jpg

Wonder if there's a brightly colored muscle car near Eau Claire Acres in Gordon?

And I'm surprised the dog walker did not know the name JC when she identified herself...

JMO

She knew her.

Northern Wisconsin residents describe the moments they found Jayme Closs

"She said she was pretty sure who the girl was, adding that most everyone who lives in Wisconsin has seen Jayme’s photo on the news or on posters hung up by businesses...Any doubt the woman had was erased when Jayme gave her name. The two quickly made their way to the nearest home "

I don't want to assume anything without the information but I know absolutely that a 13-year-old child is a vulnerable person who should be protected and respected, and Jayme was not. Something terrible happened to her. I wish her all the resources she needs, all the family available to lift her up and carry her through this trauma, the privacy she requests, and a full life from here on out.

Edit: I have had trouble keeping up with this thread. Any word on whether the dog-walker will receive the hefty reward for leading authorities to Jayme? She sure deserves it.

Just starting to sink in... perp is only 21. What background gives someone that young the criminal ability to pull off 2 murders, a kidnapping and a 3 month hostage situation? Horrific.

Sheriff said there could be more arrests. He might have had help-- either taking her/murdering her parents or hiding her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname