Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we knew more about what made him decide October and Jayme were his perfect storm - we know he had the house to keep a victim hidden and secure -he had a vehicle to take her there - what else made him decide the time was right ? I’m sure it will be something in his past- his online presence- or perhaps those that surround and influence him? IMO

His brother had one 4th degree sexual assault from when he was 17/18 and the accuser (perhaps via her parents) was 15. We'd have to know more before presuming that was something other than a consensual relationship, during high school, that angered the parents. The other stuff was a few marijuana charges and a speeding ticket.
We do know more. He drove 3 hours to have sex with a 15 year old. Someone posted an article about him.

BBM I think we let Jayme decide instead of making assumptions about her. We do not know that she is fragile or that she is averse to holding this creep accountable. This creep needs to be tried for his crimes. Where I live they do not pick and choose which crimes to try the perp for. They try them for all committed and do their best to put them away. The severity of the crimes is what keeps them in jail. If you don't nail it shut, sometimes things happen. Just saying, take no chances as there are always loopholes.

Of course we should let her decide. That is exactly my point. I just don't want her to be guilted into making all the private details public if she does not choose to.

And I think it is unfair to burden her with some 'social responsibility' to do so, at 13. If she wants to testify, that is great. But if she doesn't want to, she shouldn't be labeled in a negative light, as somehow it is indicating she feels shame. Maybe she just wants some privacy?

Off topic, but rapid resolution therapy changed my life
This thread is getting a little ugly. Thanks to those of you thinking of Jayme and her parents and not blaming them for this horrific situation. She's home tonight, probably cuddled up with her pup, in a nice warm bed and clean clothing, with a full belly, and hopefully a full heart.
The abduction of a child is inherently ugly :(

Unfortunately, by definition, working to understand cases of child abduction--in order to prevent or shorten future cases--by definition can seem ugly.

But it must be done.

Jayme matters 100%. Future victims matter, 100%. The balancing act is not easy.

I have

So are you feeling that something must have happened to both of these young men that have made them feel that they are entitled to taking advantage of underage females ?

Jmo no. There are so many men who feel entitiled to sex from any women or girls they choose. I doubt anything particular happened to them except for the all too prevalent feelings and expectations that they should have what they want. An attitude that gets worse with each generation IN MY OPINION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther