Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

So if I’m understanding correctly, the state will likely pursue SA charges if this did occur, no two ways about that, despite victim privacy and the fact that other charges would keep him incarcerated. Ok, so do this mean that ALL the specific details are going to have to be listed for the charges to be proven? It would seem so.

And if so this sucks bigtime. I wish she could be protected from this in some way.

Yes. If it happened they will charge him. All the details do NOT need to be listed. Only that which is necessary to the probable cause statement.

It says an EMPTY BOX. Where has it been mentioned they actually found diapers? I have seen no mention of that anywhere.

Actually, what you're claiming is incorrect, as adult diapers have been found.

According to DailyMail:
"Patterson, 21, is believed to have lived at the isolated woodland home until his arrest on charges of kidnapping and intentional homicide.

The surrounding 2.5 acre lot is littered with old cars, rusty bikes and an assortment of junk, while a sign saying 'Patterson's Retreat' greets visitors as they approach the two-story, $110,000 dwelling.

Twinkling Christmas decorations are still strung across the yard and many of the lights are still on inside the wooden house - suggesting the occupant left in a hurry and didn't have a chance to return.

Chillingly, a mound of trash strewn beside a garage includes an empty box of 80 adult Member's Mark diapers."

Jayme Closs kept as prisoner inside squalid basement 'cell' | Daily Mail Online

Not taking a personal swipe here, but to be exact and keep the facts straight on the thread, we do not know that adult diapers were found. An empty box was found and could be explained away in multiple ways. Also, the make-up and other girlish things found were likely his sister's left behind belongings.

Actually, that is false as adult diapers have been found.

According to DailyMail:
"Patterson, 21, is believed to have lived at the isolated woodland home until his arrest on charges of kidnapping and intentional homicide.

The surrounding 2.5 acre lot is littered with old cars, rusty bikes and an assortment of junk, while a sign saying 'Patterson's Retreat' greets visitors as they approach the two-story, $110,000 dwelling.

Twinkling Christmas decorations are still strung across the yard and many of the lights are still on inside the wooden house - suggesting the occupant left in a hurry and didn't have a chance to return.

Chillingly, a mound of trash strewn beside a garage includes an empty box of 80 adult Member's Mark diapers."

Jayme Closs kept as prisoner inside squalid basement 'cell' | Daily Mail Online
It doesn't say the used diapers were found. It says an EMPTY box. A better way to have said it would have been "an empty box that at one time contained 80 adult diapers". imo

Yes I agree with this. The two times he yawned looked like forced yawns almost. Just kind of opening his mouth like he was pretending to yawn. As I said before, what a sick freak.

Yeah, I didn't think he was actually yawning either and they weren't even very good fake yawns. I don't know what he was doing.

Absolutely agree. Had Jayme not escaped, this guy probably never would have been caught.

As soon as circumstances changed, or he tired of her, she would have met the same fate as her parents.

Other lives were probably saved by Jayme’s escape.

(I’m trying to remember how far apart timewise Castro brought home more victims...worth a look imo.)

Jake Patterson's father wept openly, as the charges against his son were read out in court today and bail set at $5 million.

Patterson was not present but appeared via videolink. He sat impassive, dressed in orange prison jumpsuit as the charges were read. His father's shoulders rocked with tears at the sight of him.

Asked if he had been appraised of the charges Patterson answered a strong, 'Yes sir.'

As the first charge was read - that of intentional homicide - Patterson's father, Patrick, let out an anguished wail.

In contrast his youngest son sat impervious. He looked down, following the wording of the complaint as the judge read aloud.

Man charged with kidnapping Jayme Closs and murdering her parents sits emotionless in court | Daily Mail Online

“Now, his parent or parents enabling this lifestyle...that’s a different story. If this killer would have to have worked to support himself, like the vast majority of the adult world, he wouldn’t have had the time to guard his kidnapping victim nearly 24/7. There is A LOT to be said about an able-bodied young man not being gainfully employed (& not, that we know of, off on mental health disability or such).”

I do not see a direct correlation here, there are gainfully employed abductors and killers. I don’t think we can blame the parents in any way for choosing to pay his son’s bills, I mean he’s a sicko regardless.

If his parents made him work I doubt that would change his rotten heart and natural predatory inclinations, moo.

They probably gave up given he couldn't seem to hold anything down for longer than a few days or months.. Took an easier route.. Not blaming, being a parent imo is the toughest job of all..

If he hasn't offended before, I would be curious to know if he has a history with his siblings at all. Being overly aggressive, controlling, etc. I know there's always got to be a "first" crime for a person to have a criminal record, but this just seems beyond the pale for someone's first offence.

MOO

Yes, me too. I have wondered what his sibling relationships were like. Maybe the family will speak and that would be allowed to be discussed here eventually.

It doesn't say the used diapers were found. It says an EMPTY box. A better way to have said it would have been "an empty box that at one time contained 80 adult diapers". imo

How else can you explain an empty box of 80 adult diapers located at the scene if they were NOT used?

How do you suggest an empty box could contain 80 Members Mark brand adult diapers if they were the opposite of "used"? New?

They are empty because they have been used.

Yeah, I didn't think he was actually yawning either and they weren't even very good fake yawns. I don't know what he was doing.

Agreed. Then, he started to fidget.

I'm thinking the full extent of what he's facing hasn't hit him yet.

It says an EMPTY BOX. Where has it been mentioned they actually found diapers? I have seen no mention of that anywhere.

What does an EMPTY box of diapers suggest? Are you claiming they were untouched? The box is empty due to someone using them.

Yeah, thought about that. I suspect there is a .000000001% chance in heck that these like-minded losers would raise bail for him, but still . . .
No, I don't think anyone will raise bail for him. But I do think there is a gross group paying close attention and lifting him up as a hero. And he likely knows that is happening online somewhere. Blech, blech, blech.

jmo

It sounds to me that the neighbors did hear the 2 gunshots, one thru the little window to kill James and the other into the door itself. They did not hear the one in the bathroom.
I don't know if their timing was off or if JP had been there longer than what LE thought. LE also said he went inside only 4 to 5 ft. JP says he went all thru the house checking rooms until he broke down the bathroom door. JP also says he was there about 4 minutes. That's pretty fast to accomplish everything he did, tying Jayme up and all, then dragging her out, with a shotgun in the other arm. I guess with high adrenaline maybe.

How else can you explain an empty box of 80 adult diapers located at the scene if they were NOT used?

How do you suggest an empty box could contain 80 Members Mark brand adult diapers if they were the opposite of "used"? New?

They are sold at Sam's Club. Where they often put your things in boxes since they don't have bags.

I have boxes for things I've never purchased, because Costco put my groceries in them when I went shopping.

TBH, I remember as a child any time we moved, my mom would get boxes from work (she worked at a school) or grocery stores. We moved in boxes that said they were full of giant cans of fruit in syrup, crackers, chips, cereal...we didn't actually USE any of those things. We just had the empty boxes.

We don't know the full history of the home (whether or not an elderly or ill relative had stayed there at any point), or if the box was even related to the occupants at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11