Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty P

Betty P On Time Out

Definitely sounds similar to Jeffrey Dahmer, who also had a very active, twisted imagination and fantasy life. Guessing this guy is the same.

cody22 likes this.
  2. human

human Well-Known Member

Under 25 year old driver. Huge insurance costs.

3. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

That could be true mtnlites... although that theory has been posted about a dozen times so far, and each time it's been pointed out that JP didnt make any provisions or plans as to how he would keep Jayme for the simple fact that he probably didn't plan to keep her as long as he did. The fact that he was looking for a job in another town would indicate that he was planning to do away with her. JC may have sensed this as well, which probably escalated her into making her daring escape.

It probably wouldn't surprise us to learn that JP has murdered other people, and some could even be hidden out in those woods near his cabin.

Jessthinkin, oviedo and Betty P like this.
  4. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Quill likes this.
  5. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

BBM

Ha ha, I never claimed to be original, just posting my thoughts. :)

And none of us really know what his plans were. It's all conjecture at this point and that makes one person's opinion as valid as the next.

MrsM, Sjm_qc, TessDeco and 5 others like this.
  6. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

I think Gitana has already touched on this, but really, taxidermy is considered not only normal, but an art form in many rural areas all over the US, including in states many think of as "liberal" bastions.

Using animals that are already dead for taxidermy, if that's what he did (unverified), is actually way less objectionable and creepy, from my POV and IMO, than delighting in killing animals then stuffing them.

IowaMom4, bizzle2, Wrenny and 6 others like this.
  7. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

I hope that you are correct and that any letter sent would be a simple expression of condolences for the death of James and Denise and support for Jayme. But you are assuming a lot about the content and the intentions of a letter to the family that no one has even seen. Empathy, humility and decency can also be expressed in a public video or through an attorney reading your statement. When the father of a suspect writes to the victim's family in private it is easier to get away with writing little personalized jabs disguised as apology.

For example, imagine the horror of a kidnap victim's family to receive a letter that says in part something like this:
    "I'm so sorry my son kidnapped your beautiful girl Jayme. It's clear there is something wrong with him mentally and he needs psychological help, but can you blame him for falling in love at first sight when he saw her?" (MY EXAMPLE ONLY-- PP didn't say this as far as I know and I feel sick writing something so creepy but I have seen similar things written to rape victims by the perp's family members).

That's example of "an apology" and it's also highly inappropriate, a form of victim blaming and a non-apology too-- making excuses for the son's crimes. It would be sickening to the victims who would receive something like that. IMHO it's very difficult for the parents of a suspect to write anything that doesn't subtly make excuses for their son or victim blame when read from the victim's family's perspective. Even if they are sincerely sorry and sincerely horrified at what their son has done--even if they are victims themselves and suffering for his actions-- it would behoove them to get a lawyer's advice and make a public statement of support for Jayme instead. And unless I see the parents of the suspect making public statements and actions that show their desire to help put their son away for the rest of his life-- for example by testifying against him-- I'm not going to assume anything about the contents of a letter they might send to the victim's family.

I hope PP listens to Aunt Jennifer's statement and decides not to send any letter to the family:
    Jayme Closs' family has 'no desire for any contact' with kidnapper's father | Daily Mail Online

MOO.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  8. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

The stuffed animal thing is straight out of Bates Motel, which gives me pause on her account, especially considering no stuffed animals were seen in pictures or mentioned by the sister’s ex.

9. DutchTreat

DutchTreat Well-Known Member

I wonder why JP wanted to be a marine. You know it's a group thing. And you know you are going to be yelled at and got to do whatever you're told.
    That's the worst possible combination for an intelligent loner who apparently has issues with authority (not being able to hold a job). Not being able to be by yourself, no privacy etc.

So why did he want to be there? Was it the killing thing? The adventure? Being someone?

Mimi in London and tnith like this.
  10. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I live in a place where every home seems to have at least one stuffed gopher, beaver, deer head, rabbit, or hawk in the house. It's a thing.

IowaMom4, Quill, kkdj and 2 others like this.
  11. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA me too :p

Jim_M, kkdj, Brubon and 2 others like this.
  12. human

human Well-Known Member

Didn’t the grandfather say he played games all of the time? I figured computer games

dixiegirl1035 and Rubiconbob like this.
  13. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

I'm not at all impressed. She was slow as hell. It took 30 minutes to get them there. That is not quickly. She asked all the typical dumb questions that 911 operators ask today.

I'm more impressed with the caller who was a social worker and was coordinating what help was needed. The operator made her justify why medical help was needed. The social worker pointed out that she should be treated for shock and hypothermia . The 911 operator still blew her off and didn't send that help. That is just bad training. At very least paramedics should be sent to check out a victim of a violent crime. That is just common knowledge, which apparently that operator doesn't possess.

MsBetsy likes this.
  14. bechk45

bechk45 Well-Known Member

I could actually picture him studying beforehand and trying to correct his commanding officers on petty technical things.

TRB, Gardener1850, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  15. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

In the alternative if this were a long term situation for him (female “companion” in his mind?)perhaps he felt comfortable enough with his control over her that he could take a job and leave her terrified under the bed? However he completely underestimated her resolve to get free IMO - something to consider? JMO

16. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Lol. To go a few more steps OT, I've traveled all over the US and have wandered/been invited into more than a few places with the stuffed dead heads of various animals hanging proudly on the walls.

I've found that it is way more civil, interesting, and rewarding to ask the owners of the dead heads about the stories of why the heads are on the wall, rather than to judge them for having dead heads on the wall, no matter how alien that is that me.

IowaMom4, Sjm_qc, MsBetsy and 6 others like this.
  17. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Yes. The grandfather said computer games.

18. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator

Sjm_qc likes this.
  19. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I never heard of a trial being moved to a different state. But yea, would be nice to move him to TX for trial, because TX has a death penalty. And they are not afraid to actually use it.

20. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

someone he admires was in the service? Looking for approval? Nothing else to do - college not an option? No jobs he could keep? I have no idea but many I’ve known joined the military for these reasons - all with some success JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.