Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read my last sentence. No, I don't think it ever entered his mind he'd get caught. But, by the same token I don't think he cared . He had successfully completed his plan of murder and kidnapping.
success is getting caught?

''quite a bit'' of thought does not mean ''well'' thought
an idiot can think for months on something and the plan will still be stupid
bold for emphasis only
Well, the sheriff seems to think so.

"...it was very well planned out..." - Sheriff Fitzgerald
WDBJ7
Police are calling the kidnapping of Jayme Closs after the shooting of her parents "well planned," and say there is no known connection or explanation why Jake Thomas Patterson targeted the 13-year-old.

I think he gave himself X amount of time to get in and out. He knew about cell calls being a possibility knew how long an le response would probably take. He may have even practiced.
He just didn't plan the captivity afterward.

I dont know if I agree about the captivity part. I remember the case of the school security guard who kidnapped the 14-year-old girl, and kept her captive in his bedroom for 10-years. He didn't use any restraints, and his elderly parents lived in the house with him. Also, he worked 8-9 hours a day. It wasn't until years later when he started allowing her to make trips to the store that he got caught.

Well, the sheriff seems to think so.

"...it was very well planned out..." - Sheriff Fitzgerald
WDBJ7
Police are calling the kidnapping of Jayme Closs after the shooting of her parents "well planned," and say there is no known connection or explanation why Jake Thomas Patterson targeted the 13-year-old.
I ask again:
911 was called during the crime--you think this is well thought out?
.....a well thought out kidnapping is one where they can't find the kidnapper/where 911 is not called during the kidnapping

''quite a bit'' of thought does not mean ''well'' thought
an idiot can think for months on something and the plan will still be stupid
bold for emphasis only

Suspect carefully planned Jayme Closs' kidnap | KTSA
A man suspected in the kidnapping of Jayme Closs planned the crime methodically after he spotted the Wisconsin teenager getting onto a school bus.

Jake Thomas Patterson planned to kidnap Jayme Closs after seeing her get on school bus, complaint says

Jayme Closs' kidnapper targeted her after seeing her get on a school bus, then carefully planned her abduction and made her hide under his bed when he had visitors, according to a criminal complaint issued Monday against Jake Thomas Patterson, 21.

For Sheriff Who Led Search for Jayme Closs, No Sweeter Words Than ‘We Got Her’

"I don’t think we could have done anything differently because this was random — and yet well planned out. This was what we believe was a random pick of Jayme by this suspect, and then a well-planned-out execution."

I ask again:
.....a well thought out kidnapping is one where they can't find the kidnapper/where 911 is not called during the kidnapping
Yes, I agree with the sheriff and the many other experienced professionals who have expressed the same opinion and I provided you with a link. Do you have a link that the definition of a well thought out kidnapping is one where they can't find the kidnapper and/or where 911 is not called? In all my years I have never heard such a thing. MOO

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with the sheriff and the many other experienced professionals who have expressed the same opinion and I provided you with a link. Do you have a link that the definition of a well thought out kidnapping is one where they can't find the kidnapper and/or where 911 is not called? In all my years I have never heard of such a thing. Anybody else?
MOO
Maybe it's in a manual on "How to commit a perfect crime".

Yes, I agree with the sheriff and the many other experienced professionals who have expressed the same opinion and I provided you with a link. Do you have a link that the definition of a well thought out kidnapping is one where they can't find the kidnapper and/or where 911 is not called? In all my years I have never heard of such a thing. Anybody else?
MOO

I feel like there are two different conversations going on here and our responses are somehow getting lost.

The plan was apparently well thought out enough that he was able to murder two people and kidnap one without getting caught at the time of the crime. He didn't get caught during or even slightly after committing the crime-he got caught when Jayme managed to escape 88 days later.

Did he have a place to hide the red Taurus out of sight?
I feel pretty sure LE was targeting the car. They're not going to ignore a vehicle they have on camera going away from the scene they passed on the way.

Maybe they'd have followed up on any stolen plate incidents and got some sort of evidence from that scene.

I just remember hearing something on tv where le seemed so sure Jayme was still out there.

They had something his certainty was based on. I'm so glad she got out before JP got tired of her and she became a liability he had to discard.
(quote)
As a deputy drove with Jayme, a red vehicle approached, and the deputy "asked Jayme if that was Patterson's car, and Jayme said she didn't know." Other investigators were notified -- and the vehicle's plates were checked. It was learned the vehicle was registered to a female with the last name "Patterson." A deputy noted the lone occupant was a male -- and followed the vehicle, which passed the Gordon home where Jayme was allegedly held. A traffic stop was conducted, and the driver told the deputy "his name is Jake Patterson." As he stepped out of the vehicle, the complaint said Patterson told the deputy: "I did it."
‘I did it:’ $5M cash bond for Jake Patterson, charged with kidnapping Jayme Closs, killing her parents

Forgive me if this has already been discussed or is already known, but can anyone tell me if they have read how Jayme knew that JP's dad was visiting? Also, does anyone know if his mom or sister ever visited during the 3 months? Also, alot talk last night was about what Jayme was wearing when she was found. IIRC, JP burned what she was wearing the night he took her. I remember reading that in the criminal complaint. Also, I may be wrong but I think he burned some of the clothes he was wearing (at least gloves), so they may not of been able to be collected as evidence.

I feel like there are two different conversations going on here and our responses are somehow getting lost.

The plan was apparently well thought out enough that he was able to murder two people and kidnap one without getting caught at the time of the crime. He didn't get caught during or even slightly after committing the crime-he got caught when Jayme managed to escape 88 days later.

Exactly! This would have been nearly perfect, in many minds, if JP had not been outsmarted by Jayme. IMO in his mind, he feels like he won.

I ask again:
IMO he thought it was well thought out and if Jayme hadn't escaped who knows what would of eventually happened?
Even though he thought it was well thought out he still couldn't have known exactly how things would go until he did it.

IMO he thought it was well thought out and if Jayme hadn't escaped who knows what would of eventually happened?
Even though he thought it was well thought out he still couldn't have known exactly how things would go until he did it.

At this point, I think we're just being baited.

Just want to add this thought that we don't know what his 'plan' was. It may have been carried out exactly as he wanted if his plan was to kill and kidnap a person. And I believe it was. He could have abducted Jayme other ways that did not include the killings. He chose to go to the front door, made his presence known, immediately shot and killed James. Broke into a barricaded door and found an unarmed woman and shot her. None of these deaths were necessary. They were planned. He even said he chose a shotgun because of it being so deadly. He was not on anyone's radar, so he wouldn't have been recogonized wearing that type of mask.
He planned it exactly as it turned out. In his mind he was successful in doing what he set out to do. In his mind he had completed something for probably the first time in his life. And if not for Jayme's flight for freedom, he might have committed a perfect crime.
He was outsmarted by a 13 year old Girl.

He was outsmarted by jaymes dog and both parents.. dog didn’t buy bull crap, dad at door didn’t buy bull crap, mom called 911...

I think U make good points lily but also think back to his other two attempts?? He says two many cars or people ?? Wtf. Did he just show up at 7 pm one day... tell me his other two attempts .. did he go through all the license plate shaving bs before those two try’s ?? Can’t help but laugh at him shaving time 3 thinking this is it Jake ....

He could be the luckiest psycho on planet... out with 20 seconds to spare and only 21 yr old in America that isn’t using some form of smartphone... this guy is 10 percent Rambo and 90 percent Gomer Pyle mute.

And even after he was apprehended he was trying to figure out why he got caught. He was not remorseful, but he was critiquing himself on what part did he plan wrong. Almost like he was writing an instruction manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member