Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
No joking. I've lived in a house just like that with the garage in the basement and no interior stairs at all.

I've never seen that photo. That looks like water condensation on the door that has frozen in cold weather. Hence the different color on the wood part. Note the snow. I'm surprised the door has a handle-- that's not a slider. And there are more pumpkin clings just like the front storm door. Are we sure this wasn't photoshopped? Where did the original photo come from?
I'm more interested in what the pink thing is on top of the meter box and why there is a spade left on the railing.
LOL... welcome to the dark side.

The pink thing is a retractable dog leash.

Not condensation - it's on the outside.

Does WI not have building codes for residential house plans?
Do they not have building inspectors for codes?

Because I don't believe you can build a basement without free access to other areas of the home UNLESS you are building it as a separate apartment, and then, the house would probably be classified as a multi-family dwelling and not a single- family dwelling. Taxation would be different is the core reason WHY.

I don't know about Wisconsin but I have lived in a house where their were no stairs to the basement in another part of the US (in the midwest). The basement was unfinished and basically part of the garage under the house. There was also another exterior door to the basement part. It was only used for storage-- not any shape someone would want to live in.

Looks like one of the pumpkins had an "accident" IMO. The biggest pumpkin has a guilty expression, too. Just look at those eyes!. . . IMO LOL
:);)

ETA: here's the link to the image Dude posted
Imgur

Click on the first pic at the link I posted, and make it nice and big. On the right hand door, starting at the top wood frame and running all the way down the glass. It's a white-ish drippy cloud of goop. When it reaches the bottom, it turns black and drips to the ground. I discounted the condensation theory because this mess is on the outside. Do you really not see it?

Because I don't believe you can build a basement without free access to other areas of the home UNLESS you are building it as a separate apartment, and then, the house would probably be classified as a multi-family dwelling and not a single- family dwelling. Taxation would be different is the core reason WHY.

In my state it varies by county and whether the building is in city limits. It's complicated. You can build whatever you want on your property here, or add onto your home in whatever manner you please, and you don't have to get permission. There are no residential house plans. No rules as far as basement access. Tax is based on value. The only "rule" is that when you're trying to sell the house the room must have a window and a closet to be considered a bedroom.

Businesses are different. You can build it however you like, but most have to meet certain fire safety codes and must have access for the disabled. Even then there are exceptions. The funeral home bought a house, for instance, and had to make it handicap accessible before they could move their business into it. Across the street someone bought an old motel, not handicap accessible at all, and put in a flea market and didn't have to make any changes.

I don't know about Wisconsin but I have lived in a house where their were no stairs to the basement in another part of the US (in the midwest). The basement was unfinished and basically part of the garage under the house. There was also another exterior door to the basement part. It was only used for storage-- not any shape someone would want to live in.
Yes, I can see that, esp. in an older house.
Now, it's USUALLY either full basement or no basement. A storage space connected to a garage might be labeled " storage" on the 1 story house plans.

I don't know how picky some were when that house was probably built, and it is in a township, not the city, as for codes and inspectors. Nowadays I believe it is more enforced but in those days in some rural areas, more debatable... No expert, just a guess. I know of people who remodeled their entire interior through the years as well, assessors never went inside, etc...

But I agree that it has stairs most likely even though some have commented they have seen homes that do not. I have never seen one that does not with that type of set-up and I think with the larger basement windows/more egress size that the stairs exist as well. Why do all that and the garage and not put in any access upstairs...?

A thought that just occurred to me however I guess is that they could have had the stairwell closed off/barricaded if they had had anyone recently staying down there? Park outside, give them access through the garage but both the family and the guest have privacy? Just a thought. Probably far fetched but it is a thought--or to not heat it even...

Could it be something investigators used on the door to look for evidence? Dusting for prints or luminol to look for blood?
It definitely could be Luminol. I had forgotten these were ALL post- crime photos.
Also, " up high" would fit with where blood spatter might already be evident in another area of the house.

Regarding the planning of the crime, there seems to be some confusion between planning and risk. Military and law enforcement operations are well planned, but there is always risk involved, as evidenced by the dead and wounded.

Click on the first pic at the link I posted, and make it nice and big. On the right hand door, starting at the top wood frame and running all the way down the glass. It's a white-ish drippy cloud of goop. When it reaches the bottom, it turns black and drips to the ground. I discounted the condensation theory because this mess is on the outside. Do you really not see it?
Intriguing

I don't know how picky some were when that house was probably built, and it is in a township, not the city, as for codes and inspectors. Nowadays I believe it is more enforced but in those days in some rural areas, more debatable... No expert, just a guess. I know of people who remodeled their entire interior through the years as well, assessors never went inside, etc...

But I agree that it has stairs most likely even though some have commented they have seen homes that do not. I have never seen one that does not with that type of set-up and I think with the larger basement windows/more egress size that the stairs exist as well. Why do all that and the garage and not put in any access upstairs...?

A thought that just occurred to me however I guess is that they could have had the stairwell closed off/barricaded if they had had anyone recently staying down there? Park outside, give them access through the garage but both the family and the guest have privacy? Just a thought. Probably far fetched but it is a thought--or to not heat it even...

Might be a dog gate but IDK about barricading someone IN a basement because of exits in case of fire. They would have 1 exit but if it was large enough to live in, then it likely would need 2 entrances/ exits ( one being stairs) to meet basic fire codes.

It definitely could be Luminol. I had forgotten these were ALL post- crime photos.
Also, " up high" would fit with where blood spatter might already be evident in another area of the house.
Okay, but why on earth would they spray Luminol on the outside of the patio doors?

I can't remember what thread it was, but this was discussed ad infinitum for pages. Not that I had anything to do with all that or anything. :rolleyes: :D

Yes, I can see that, esp. in an older house.
Now, it's USUALLY either full basement or no basement. A storage space connected to a garage might be labeled " storage" on the 1 story house plans.

Yes, that's all it was is storage. The house I lived in was built in the 1980's. Closs home seems to be 1970's or 1980's to me but I don't know if we ever figured out when it was built. I recall they purchased the home in 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa