Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything we know seems like a contradiction, as if he was two different people completely. Not saying there were two people involved but he plans, then doesn't. He wants to be smart but then just confesses. He is called a loner but then he hosts Christmas. I put much down to media and people who knew him 3 years ago, etc., the only ones talking, etc. The people who probably knew him best in more recent years we have not heard from. All speculation, even media by some friend from 3 years ago or some such...
You speak the truth. This entire case...can't even think of one word that would accurately fit. To many come to mind.

I've noticed a pattern in almost every case I've ever followed...

In the beginning of the discussion, within the first few days, stories about the crime always emerge and are usually shrugged off as "rumors" because they're unsubstantiated by the media or LE. Yet later, sometimes years later, many of those early rumors turn out to be true. In this case, it's Denise barricading herself and Jayme in the bathroom. I see this not just on WS but all over the internet. As a result, I've started paying really close attention to what's being said at the beginning. That's sometimes when lips are the loosest.
Yes, and that he only went five feet into the house, there was no evidence, etc. After the fact, it's easy to see why LE keeps things under wraps but it makes it tough when we can't discuss those things that get moved from first reports to unconfirmed rumors. In this case, saying he left no evidence seemed to be playing to JP's ego that he had masterminded perfect crime, that LE had no clues. Unfortunately, even though they had evidence, they had no connection to JP. If Jayme had not escaped, he wouldn't have been caught... this time.

Yeah, I think some of the outlets are trying to make it sound like there was a full-blown Christmas party going on, which seems very unlikely based on what we know of JP and have seen of the house. My guess is the father and sister and SOs stopped by to drop off gifts and hang out for a little while before going somewhere else for the day, and then JP went to his grandparents' house.

Its a great reminder for us all to put some of those articles for what they are. Its hard to know anymore.

It’s very bizarre, you take anybody and put them in isolated cabin with only books , no phone , and only can talk to your mom once a week...

Half people would be crazy by year 2, if not sooner, whatever demons he had, isolation only made them worse.

That actually sounds like a dream to me. I can see how isolation may have played a part in HIS crazy mind, though.

Yes, and that he only went five feet into the house, there was no evidence, etc. After the fact, it's easy to see why LE keeps things under wraps but it makes it tough when we can't discuss those things that get moved from first reports to unconfirmed rumors. In this case, saying he left no evidence seemed to be playing to JP's ego that he had masterminded perfect crime, that LE had no clues. Unfortunately, even though they had evidence, they had no connection to JP. If Jayme had not escaped, he wouldn't have been caught... this time.

He might not plead out. I can see why LE doesn't want too much revealed.

<modsnipped quoted post>

Same here.:) People often move to places similar to what JP lived (small town, kind of isolated, not a lot of houses around) so that they are able to live like that. We did and off grid living is becoming increasingly popular. I would venture to say that it's not necessarily a sign of anything because there are healthy, "normal" people living lives that are far less social and isolated than what JP lived. In his case, though, it probably plays into his crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
After rereading the complaint I see what others are saying about JP & arrogance. Almost as though he was looking forward to being arrested so he could brag to the officers. The only comment he made that surprised me (if the above is true) is admitting he wouldn't have been caught if he had planned everything perfectly. I wonder what part of his plan he thought wasn't perfect. Hmmmm

My vote would definitely be that this was the typical, divorced family holiday visit. I see a Father that wanted to see his adult children for Christmas on common ground. From what we've seen of the cabin, "full fledged party" is not exactly what first comes to mind! MOO

ETA: And from what we know of JP, he certainly didn't "HOST" anything. Really bad headline...

Yes. And it’s possible his father and sister supplied all the food, drink and party poppers.

Common ground sounds like the motivation for having the ‘party’ at the cabin.

After rereading the complaint I see what others are saying about JP & arrogance. Almost as though he was looking forward to being arrested so he could brag to the officers. The only comment he made that surprised me (if the above is true) is admitting he wouldn't have been caught if he had planned everything perfectly. I wonder what part of his plan he thought wasn't perfect. Hmmmm
Since JC was able to escape, it was probably his "hostage quarters" that he's most upset with. MOO

Still rereading (very slowly this time) but I see the information you shared about the lights. No outside lights on so that answers my question about the front porch light. The wording about the backlight is a little confusing but would make sense if it were a motion detector light.
"Upon arrival, Deputy Pressley reports there were no outside lights on at the residence and no screaming or signs of distress consistent with the 911 call coming from inside. Deputy Pressley reports he observed there was a light on in the residence in the upstairs northwest corner window. As he walked around the back of the residence, Deputy Pressley observed an upstairs light on the back side of the residence."
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I agree entirely. The back is a bit confusing. The family could have left a light on in back at night or he could be referring to the bedroom light seen from the back. Or it could be motion activated. They may have left one on for a variety of reasons. I took it to mean though that the officer did not activate it, something had it turned on. If a motion light it could have been Molly. If a permanent light it could have been left on or family could have turned it on when Molly started barking.

I guess it makes me wonder or speculate (pure speculation) if they had reason to think someone was out back first... I mean Molly starts barking you would not know what necessarily about, even Jayme may have thrown back light on or certainly dad even, thinking at first like a dog will, it barked hearing wildlife or some such. And then checked the front and saw a car, etc.

Thinking out loud.

Still rereading (very slowly this time) but I see the information you shared about the lights. No outside lights on so that answers my question about the front porch light. The wording about the backlight is a little confusing but would make sense if it were a motion detector light.
"Upon arrival, Deputy Pressley reports there were no outside lights on at the residence and no screaming or signs of distress consistent with the 911 call coming from inside. Deputy Pressley reports he observed there was a light on in the residence in the upstairs northwest corner window. As he walked around the back of the residence, Deputy Pressley observed an upstairs light on the back side of the residence."
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

To clarify my previous response, do you take it to mean he meant the same light, the one in the bedroom? Or a light on outside as he says on the "back side". I could interpret that two ways is my point. And the little bitty word "on" the back side.

I agree entirely. The back is a bit confusing. The family could have left a light on in back at night or he could be referring to the bedroom light seen from the back. Or it could be motion activated. They may have left one on for a variety of reasons. I took it to mean though that the officer did not activate it, something had it turned on. If a motion light it could have been Molly. If a permanent light it could have been left on or family could have turned it on when Molly started barking.

I guess it makes me wonder or speculate (pure speculation) if they had reason to think someone was out back first... I mean Molly starts barking you would not know what necessarily about, even Jayme may have thrown back light on or certainly dad even, thinking at first like a dog will, it barked hearing wildlife or some such. And then checked the front and saw a car, etc.

Thinking out loud.
All possible which raises another question I may have missed the answer to. Where did the police find Molly?

Thank you for that info! It's a subject that has nagged at me as well. Going to go back and reread. How in the world did I miss that?

I could not believe I missed it either. I think when the complaint came out, I read it and was not looking for those details at that time I guess. Maybe our mind was more on the Gordon end of it and the public, as well as media, were rushing and reading. I have no idea. Yet in rereading it, a couple of things stood out to me. I said the same thing? I thought, did they add that? Because I do not recall it. lol.

All possible which raises another question I may have missed the answer to. Where did the police find Molly?

I want to qualify this by saying I cannot recall if it is fact or rumor but I recall she was at the patio door wanting in. I cannot quote a source, so unsure if true. Someone else may be able to offer more on that.

Thinking out loud.
Looking at pictures of the Closs home I've only identified three exterior lights.

Looking from front of house there is a light above the front door.

There is either a flood or spotlight directed downwards towards the garage door area that is mounted on the left side front corner of house.

On the right side rear corner is a flood or spot light pointing downwards towards the deck.

Neither of the flood or spots lights look to be either motion activated or dusk to dawn activated.

Not comfortable attempting to post multiple pictures yet. :(

I believe the 2nd light mentioned by the officer at the rear of the house is a light in the bathroom which looks to be in the center of the rear of the house.

MO

Well said, and we have no idea how long he’s been around.....if he liked step dad or not...when did mom move into new house etc. the resume looks like word doc template ... I’m guessing he wrote it on moms computer?

Unless we have things saying otherwise though that I missed, we have no way of knowing he did not have internet or a computer and LE took it. Maybe not but do we know otherwise? Even those pics were someone let in to take them or some such and I would sure hope after LE was done with the place. Or obtained from there. There are no totes, weights, etc. They gave him a car, a home, maybe internet too to apply for jobs, etc.? Hard to say. Yet maybe it was the reason for going to mom's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike