AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just plain sad. They said in an earlier report that the clarity of the 911 call was not good. Not sure they were talking about their dispatch lines or the background noise. We still don't know the time line of the family that day. LE is NOT releasing any of that information. But I am sure that they have interviewed all the people that they had contact with on that Sunday.

A couple ideas I've had: Those ties on the chair looks like the kind that would be attached to a seat cushion. I would venture to guess that the cushion was pulled off and used to silence either a gun or person. The splintering I am still mulling over. It could possibly be from a bullet graze or a secondary weapon such as an axe and the chair was being used to block in defense.

Earlier it was questioned why blood was not visually found on the storm door. I realize this may not be common knowledge but if you suspect an intruder is at your door or you are approaching a door to a volatile situation, one of the last things you want to do is stand right in front of a door due to complete exposure to being shot. You may notice police officers will knock but stand to the side of the door. My guess is that there may have been a knock or noise and JC came to the door to see who was there. Perp shot JC easily disabling him, door was kicked in to gain entry and another shot was fired to completely incapacitate him.
Shooter(s) opened storm door then knocked - possibility. Easier to shoot once done, as well.

I think they are trying to lure Jayme out with the dog. I think they believe she is involved.
I don’t buy that for a second.

A 13 year old girl didn’t kick her door in, shoot her parents to death, and then vanish without a trace.

There is no indication that she had a boyfriend or someone she could be in cahoots with.

She’s a kid, not a diabolical criminal mastermind.

Not only does speculation like this have no basis in fact, but it defies logic.

Do you think the dog was with them for Jayme's benefit? For her to see, if she is allowed to see TV?

ABSOLUTELY! I actually feel Jayne is alive for the first time. Never really felt anything in particular about Jamie perhaps leaving "complicitly" with her abductor, but I am hinky about that scenario now. And Aunties emotional appeal. Make n

Not much from press conference. Reward $25 K and Jayme’s Aunt Jennifer read a statement.

I am VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE sheriff. For his relatively young age he is not at all reluctant to request help. Nor is he shy about press conferences. He comes across as compassionate, intelligent and in charge. The Sheriff also included all of the 200 LE members and extended it to the new evidence team who again went to the crime scene. It’s abiut integrity and sincerity. This man has it.

I would guess without looking he has a degree or is an amazingly intelligent man.

If I had a child missing I believe I would want someone who portrays himself as he does. Barron County is, in all likelihood, very fortunate to have had him elected and serving the public as Sheriff.

News conference link please?
Hope u found one! If not, here is the summary:
Ended 5:12 pm EST, 4:12 WI time
Question about international sources: ambiguous
Suspect in custody? No. We are reviewing 911 call.
Out of state?: Don’t know
Alive?: “We believe she is out there and endangered and needs to be brought home.”
Was gas station lady story helpful? We are following up.
Mattress and other items removed from home, why? (didn’t say much)
LE Spokesman clarifies: We will not say whether anyone is in custody.
Are the perps known or unknown? Don’t know. We will let you know as soon as we do.
LE: If you were on rte 8 between 12:30 and 1:30 headed in either direction, and saw anything please call tip line.
1-855-744-3879

A thought about the 911 call and the phone: Jayme grabbed the phone from her mom (either before or after mom was killed) or from wherever the phone was situated, made the 911 call, bad guy/gal(s) knocked it out of her hand and fled with Jayme.

The thought is that the chair we've all seen pics of being carried out by evidence techs was not used to tie up the mom. The light-colored ties around the chair were most likely cushion ties and that police took the cushion for forensic testing (blood spatter etc).

Possibility that the bad guys took off with Jaime on foot and had a car waiting elsewhere. Otherwise, why didn't police pass their car(s) while responding to the house.

Interested in hearing feedback.

I think this is why they searched the area they did. I understood the ditch search but the fields like they did yesterday couldn't have been just for a cell phone thrown out a window.

It's my opinion that LE has no clue what happened to Jayme, no clue where she might be, no clue who took/has her and no idea where to start looking for her.

First clue was when they released the vehicle photographs the other day.
They couldn't find or locate any info on the vehicles and that's why they went public and requested "help".

ETA: I hope I am so wrong on this belief.

I agree. I think they are right where they were with MT before the neighbor released the video that helped them make an arrest and locate MT remains.

I agree. I didn't get much emotion from it at all either. It seemed really strange.

I think they are scared to death. To be in front of camera's with the nation watching and to be so worried about Jayme and also mourning their sisters loss. Reading different places the sisters were very close. This has to be breaking them.
We once had a man knock on our door late at night. I froze and could not move. Never would have predicted that from me!

I have never gotten the feeling Jayme had anything at all to do with this..friends, social media. I pray for her every single night.

Probably to protect the drivers of the vehicles. They are vehicles of interest. There is no guarantee these vehicles have anything to do with Jayme and if you release the actual footage it could cause someone to go crazy on an innocent person. JMO.
Also to prevent getting hundreds or even over a thousand tips that consist of the tipster trying to tell the FBI (who have experts in vehicle identification) what make/model/year they think the vehicle is, rather than if they have seen it.

Ri
I didn’t get that at all. She was trying to remain composed and get the statement out. Jayme didn’t plan this or have anything to do with it. What is wrong with society today that we automatically assume an innocent 13 year old is a monster? Sorry but she’s not and the aunt was on point in speaking directly to her niece.
Right, we see this all the time. It's all part of the investigation. Family is encouraged to make a plea to the child or even indirectly to the suspect, sometimes even in the hope that the abducter will let her go. Having the dog there was a good idea, imo. Like someone here said, maybe the perp is a dog lover. They are going to try every tactic they know to bring her home. Her Aunt was probably very nervous. Maybe shyness runs in the entire family. I would have tried to look straight in the camera as much as possible instead of reading, but then again I might have been afraid to lose my place or forget to say something and do the same thing she did. I'm sure she was trying to keep her composure. You could tell by the way she got out of there fast she may have been about to break down. Or at least wanted to get the heck away from all the cameras. Jmo

I think we should put this info on the first page. This question is getting asked alot.
Many questions get asked over and over a lot. I am guessing, with a discussion of this size, people just jump to the last couple of pages to get the "latest" and fail to read many of the previous posts. Guess they figure it is just easier to ask. But I certainly agree to keep up to date with all that has been posted with discussions this size can be a daunting task. MOO

The presser had some very good psychological strategies.

First, the aunt not " asking" the perp. to " return Jayme" but for Jayme to know they're waiting on her to go shopping, and have some of her favorite things ready for her, the Starbucks drink and her sweet, well- behaved dog, named Molly.

What they did was NOT to give the abductor the POWER. Not to ASK for anything is a slightly neutral position but it's also a position of strength because of their bonds to her. If she should be alive at this point and see the presser, this should impart HOPE and STRENGTH to her personally.

Next, the DOG was there for EVERY ONE who will see the press conference.
There's a new " empathy' study going around. It asks: If you could only save one, which of these would you rescue: A young woman, an older woman, a child, or a dog.
Thankfully, the results are pretty well split right now but dogs are NOT on the bottom of the results.

Humans react strongly positively to sweet cuddly dogs, and the fact that this one belongs to a missing little girl has huge emotional appeal. Yeah, I cried too, without shame but with great grief. I love my dogs more than most people I've loved. The dogs never let me down, hurt me, or lied to me.

One last thing: The presence of the DOG makes Jayme more of a CHILD victim than an " almost adult' teen victim. This could have deep psychological ramifications for people around the abductor or abductors.. Could help get friends or family to turn on him or them.

I do not know if I am correct because I have not seen all the news releases and such but it seems that mostly Denise's family and in particular the aunts and grandfather that are involved in public appearances, etc. Have there been any appearances or statements by James' family?

You also have to remember that these people are literally having the worst week of their life; their siblings are dead, the media is hounding them and their niece is missing. It can also be unnerving to be on camera, in public. They also may be on some anxiety meds to help deal with all this (I lost a very close family member in a tragic way when I was younger and my doctor kept me pretty whacked out on Ativan for a few days).
Agreed, especially with the Ativan. I am of the opinion that Molly was emotional support as much as anything. Molly is all they have left at this time, and Molly was there when everything happened. Molly needs them like they probably need Molly right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member