AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Advised the door has been kicked in" in the 911 log may mean that the officer was documenting that he had gained the entry to the house. In fact, I believe that. I can see the officer kicking in the door since he cannot see what's behind the door. He needs to keep himself safe. MOO

The sheriff said on the Ashley Banfield show that the door was ajar when the the officer arrived and James' feet were visible. LE did not kick in the door to gain entry.

I'm really hoping they have enough of the perp(s) DNA to get to the right leaf on someones family tree. That type of genealogy has really been in the spotlight lately solving old crimes. I hope it is possible they can backtrack to narrow the suspects and bring this precious child home.

I just wanted to add a word about the 911 log.
Notice it states "Advised door kicked in"
I believe that means that the officer "advised" the dispatcher that the door was kicked in by the officer to gain access... As I recall, during one of the press releases the Sherrif said that there were NO SIGNS of forced entry...

But if people are stuck on the door kicked in theory... then that may very well be, but remember, the dad worked until midnight, so he may have found it kicked in and again... was ambushed as he entered the home. Because from the 911 log, there is nothing about the direction the dad was found in (i.e. facing the door)...

Has it been made official if anything of value was taken ?
If so-- I've missed it.
Would the relatives know if any jewelry or credit cards/cash was missing ?
All of this time I'm thinking Jayme was the target..... but maybe a robbery gone bad ?

Hey guys, this is an interesting new development reported by fox news 9. Any thoughts?

I can't help but think the sheriff's/FBI news conference and possible instructions to Jayme's aunts yesterday might have elicited a response after all... from the wrong person though. Now, if only the person who might have Jayme would respond....
ETA: part of the original message I responded to did not transmit to this page. It is the Fox News information concerning the phone call to a nearby farm asking for Jayme.

Has it been made official if anything of value was taken ?
If so-- I've missed it.
Would the relatives know if any jewelry or credit cards/cash was missing ?
All of this time I'm thinking Jayme was the target..... but maybe a robbery gone bad ?
We haven’t heard anything about things being taken from the house.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, trying to catch up... have we seen that there were computer and smart devices taken from the home? Do we know if it there was just a family computer or if Jayme had a personal one? I’m assuming LE has looked into any all communication on those. Jayme is a victim in anyway you spin this, she’s just a child. I saw on an earlier thread where a chair was removed from the home. What else was removed as potential evidence?

I can tell you for absolute certain you can call 911 from an iphone without intentionally dialing anything. I'm not sure how you're supposed to do it, but I've done it twice now just by putting my phone into a clamp type phone holder backwards. Somehow it squeezes the sides while I'm settling in and next thing you know I'm explaining myself again and telling them there is no emergency.
O T for a second please if u don't mind. Are you saying the newer iPhone s dial 911 with certain sequences one doesn't know about? Please do tell. I got an alert 2 weeks ago at 3:50 am that my son 's telephone number had dialed 911. I have verizo n. smart family. Let's just say I went into full panic mode as he is in college. He swears he didn't dial it but his phone shows that it was dialed. He'll never forgive me for calling the local police and more....because he does suffer from severe depression. I didn't believe him when he said he didn't dial it.

On that thought:

Does anyone know the statistics of criminals where murder was their first crime? I’m sure it happens. It just seems absurd; like a teetotaler waking up and deciding to smoke crack.

Not sure but that would be interesting to read about. The other thing is that his prints could be in the system from other crime scenes but he hasn’t been caught yet. If that makes sense. It sounds better in my head I think lol. Idk but for some reason I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the perps first major crime. It seems very personal to me imo

I'm really hoping they have enough of the perp(s) DNA to get to the right leaf on someones family tree. That type of genealogy has really been in the spotlight lately solving old crimes. I hope it is possible they can backtrack to narrow the suspects and bring this precious child home.
Crime tends to run in the family.

Wisconsin is one of 12 states that allow their criminal databases to be searched for familial matches.

It’s definitely something they could pursue, IF they have DNA.

I hope they do.

IMO they probably know or at least have an idea who is involved... They are probably trying to find out where they are. I believe it's more than one perp and they likely have many places to hide.
I fear that the more attention this case is getting, the greater the danger for JC... Her being recognizable increases the risk for the perps... :(

I'm not sure he opened it. My suspicion is that he heard noises and went to look out of the window - just as the door was kicked in. He may have stumbled or been pushed back by the door - in any event, they then shot him (possibly in part due to the surprise of finding him standing there.)

If you own a gun and someone knocks on your door at midnight, you’re bringing your gun with you, right? I wonder if James had a gun with him and never got a chance to use it. I don’t think we know yet about the family having guns in the house...?

Speculating, but I think this will turn out to be some stalker who contacted her online and decided they should be together. And her parents fought him off. And she was taken.

But then why not take her in a less conspicuous way? That’s my hesitation with theory that the perps main focus was jayme.

In thread 12, 1987 wrote: "have you ever shot a shot gun in the house? unfortunately I have. I quickly considered the risk and done it anyway thinking just that, that what I was shooting would absorb the shot and if not not enough speed left to do much to me. I have pellets in me and they will always be there. to be clear it was not a human I shot at and it was stupid."

Spider? :)

What would really be nice is if LE mentioned how they knew that Jayme was there when the murders took place. Did they hear her screaming on the 911 call? Did they hear the perp scream her name? Did they hear her mother scream her name? How could they actually tell that she was there when this went on? Did they do a voice recognition of her to compare if it was her in the back ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname