AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s possible that she is still alive, but the odds are against it.

Common sense says that if someone goes through all that trouble to kidnap a girl (two murders) he would keep her alive for a period of time.

In general though, that’s not how it works.

Still hope, but fading.
Agreed. I think that he would have had his fun with Jayme and killed her in that house, along with her parents, before the Sun came up......if it had not been for that darn pesky 911 call..... He was not gonna miss his main thrills in this crime so he took her.

It’s possible that she is still alive, but the odds are against it.

Common sense says that if someone goes through all that trouble to kidnap a girl (two murders) he would keep her alive for a period of time.

In general though, that’s not how it works.

Still hope, but fading.
If you look at other cases and statistics, many who are abducted are killed within the first few hours to 24 hours. We can only hope that this is an exception and that she will be found alive. And that LE will continue the investigation as if she is alive until they have a good reason to think otherwise. Jmo

<modsnipped broken quoted post- unable to locate original post>
Maybe they have some hearing loss? I am going to look for a link to their statements...

Couldn’t find much. They are the Smrekars. Ms. Joan Smrekar said that they let police search their house, “in case she was hiding there”.
It was cold at the time, I don’t hear much from my neighbors but I would
remember if cars drove by.
Re: 2004 red orange Monte Carlo
Even if they find prints/DNA, I doubt if we’ll hear about it. I sure hope they look for it though!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at other cases and statistics, many who are abducted are killed within the first few hours to 24 hours. We can only hope that this is an exception and that she will be found alive. And that LE will continue the investigation as if she is alive until they have a good reason to think otherwise. Jmo
Agreed. The hope in this case lies in the fact that this is by no means a standard abduction. Not all of the usual rules may apply.

I’m not betting on it though.

With both parents working for the same company for such a lengthy time, their circle would include other employees. It feels like retaliation : the anger of a hostile, disgruntled former employee perhaps. Do we know if either had people reporting to them? Maybe the ones that were killed were not those intended. I am thinking J was taken because she was a witness and there wasn't time to figure out what to do with her once the 911 call was discovered.

I reviewed the co website. They are owned by big food company. Therefore lots of HR. formalities found under careers on the site. Someone could have been fired and had been festering. Maybe that person planned on taking their own life when done but changed their mind.

The neighbor's house isn't that far away. You can't see it, but on a quiet night there's no reason why they wouldn't have heard yelling and screaming from a house that close - especially when we know the door was open.
That part seems really strange IMO.
Maybe they have some hearing loss? I am going to look for a link to their statements...

Couldn’t find much. They are the Smrekars. Ms. Joan Smrekar said that they let police search their house, “in case she was hiding there”.
Even if they find prints/DNA, I doubt if we’ll hear about it. I sure hope they look for it though!!

We don't know why law enforcement has chosen that specific time period. It can be mutually exclusive of anything we know about.

Of course, you are correct.
But when they ask for anyone who saw vehicles on a 15 mile stretch of HWY from 12:30 to 1:30 AM, we are able to use our minds to speculate that perhaps they don't think the crime began at 12:31.
Perhaps they believe the crime began closer to the 911 call.
What other explanations could there be for putting those times out?
I'm open to hearing suggestions.
All I can think of is that maybe they know where the cars came from-- maybe they have enough video of the cars heading towards the house but for some reason not enough of cars going away from the house on HWY 8? It's possible.

With both parents working for the same company for such a lengthy time, their circle would include other employees. It feels like retaliation : the anger of a hostile, disgruntled former employee perhaps. Do we know if either had people reporting to them? Maybe the ones that were killed were not those intended. I am thinking J was taken because she was a witness and there wasn't time to figure out what to do with her once the 911 call was discovered.

I reviewed the co website. They are owned by big food company. Therefore lots of HR. formalities found under careers on the site. Someone could have been fired and had been festering. Maybe that person planned on taking their own life when done but changed their mind.
On its face, this theory seems entirely plausible.

My issue with it, is that I think that if this was personal, he would have been identified by now.

A crime like this, if work related, would have precipitating conflict. Co workers would be aware of a hostile relationship between a potential perpetrator, and one of the victims.

I think those dots would have been connected by now.

Still possible though.

There has been uncertainty as to whether Denise Closs was actually found in the bathroom of the house.

The original idea that Denise Closs was found in the bathroom was reported by the Daily Mail (not a reliable source) but they seem to be quoting an FBI source so may be accurate. Complete quote below:

'There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it's an active investigation,' the FBI source said.

'The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,' added the source.

'A lot of yelling' was heard in grim 911 call made the morning 13-year-old Jayme Closs vanished | Daily Mail Online

I actually did like a lot of their articles and in many cases they do have the best photos but I highly doubt someone with the FBI would divulge that information. Maybe an ex FBI agent who heard unfounded rumors. Imo

It makes no sense to me when the FBI is even more tight lipped than even a local sheriff who has jurisdictional control over a state case with the FBI one of the assisting agencies.

I dont think Denise would ever run to a bathroom in order to protect herself and leave Jayme to fend for herself with the killer inside the home. They were known as inseparable and extremely close like two peas in a pod.

Until that is proven as fact I will chalk that up as more misinformation. It happens when there are unnamed sources.

I remember when Laci Peterson was murdered by Scott Peterson several in the media ran with the story that LE had found her blood on a mop in their kitchen.

They stuck with that in several articles for months on end before trial. However at trial it was learned there was no blood of any kind found on any mop in their home.

That is one of the reasons I rarely read any MSM articles lately about any case before the facts are known.

So much misinformation is said and published now in the media.

Imo they dont even vet the source anymore and just run with it.

Jmo tho

6BCE1BAA-2739-4C9F-B5CD-86845871A2B2.jpeg
We know nothing in regards to the locations of any phones.

LE is playing this close to the vest.
She is pictured w what appears to be a phone in front of her. In subsequent posts they crop it out.
I wonder if she knew her mom’s code if pw protected so that she could have made the phone call from mom’s phone. On iPhones, you can hit the right side button 5 times to call 911. Not sure if it has to be unlocked for that.

Keep in mind that the first three log entries after arrival on scene come from three different officers. The first entry is from 329, the second from 325 and the third from 317.

And the Sheriff further "clarified" the "answering the door" part

Clarification: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record
Jethro arent you the one who took all that time and helped me get this log straight to begin with? As I said, I need to stay away from that thing! On another note, I was really hoping Jayme was found before the funeral today. Praying for answers soon!

I think there is a good chance he may have had a gun or guns. Many people who live in that type of environment do. He may have been a hunter. Jmo

Agree. Seems folks have found indications he did spend time at a family hunting camp. But, I suppose he could have borrowed them, or stored his out of the house too, IDK. I know a few people who do that. I've spent time at a hunting camp, but off-season swimming and fishing.

I have a number/variety of firearms. I'm a firearm's (pistol) instructor and rifle(wo)man. I used to hunt, but haven't for decades. Lots of misconceptions about firearms. Not many states have registration, but I'm sure LE has talked to family & friends to establish if he owned any firearms.

I hear nothing going on in our neighborhood and once I close the blinds for the night anything could go on anywhere.

I looked at the map posted and is that neighbor talking the only neighbor? I spun that google map all around and up and down the street and didn't see another house for a long way.

They sure chose a good hideaway target. Nobody heard anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if we will ever know...... Someday she might escape or someday a hunter or hiker might come across her remains. OR, maybe LE really has some good leads and any minute now they will bust in somewhere and free her. Jayme I so want you to be okay.

On its face, this theory seems entirely plausible.

My issue with it, is that I think that if this was personal, he would have been identified by now.

A crime like this, if work related, would have precipitating conflict. Co workers would be aware of a hostile relationship between a potential perpetrator, and one of the victims.

I think those dots would have been connected by now.

Still possible though.

I agree 100% with this.

IMO as time passes the probability that it was a co-worker/friend/etc goes way down. If one of the parents had a disagreement with someone to the extent it became so serious that the person retaliated in such a violent way I'd have to believe that other people would have known about it, and LE would have investigated it thoroughly by now. If it were someone fired from Jennie-O there would be personnel records of it, and again, LE would have been all over it from day 1.

I lean heavily toward the perp(s) being either completely unknown to the family or someone who was no more than a casual acquaintance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname