AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think if someone took Jayme because they were obsessed with her ("in love with" her), the only logical reason they'd go to such great lengths to murder her parents too is because they were a threat. Otherwise, your run-of-the-mill pedo or sexual assailant is going to wait until his victim is vulnerable and alone. That makes this also pretty highly unlikely, IMO, because how in god's name would Jayme be communicating with someone like this if not with a phone or the internet? LE would know that by now. There'd be plenty of evidence, like the teacher who took his student out to a cabin in the woods.

What motive does that leave? Totally random psychopath murdering for the hell of it. Highly unlikely, right? Drugs. Zero evidence there were drugs in the home or the parents or Jayme had any involvement with meth or drugs. I know there are a few posters here who are really into the idea that "meth heads" go around murdering and torturing people, but that's not the norm for a drug addict at all.

Parents are the actual targets (Denise, it seems like) -- this is what I think is the most likely (IMO, JMO), because of the time spent in the home, the way James seemed to be murdered first and gotten out of the way, the mattress being taken from the home, and -- most importantly -- by deducting other motives one by one.
Someone posted the the mattress removed was a twin. More likely to come from Jayme’s room than James and Denise’s. That doesn’t meant an assault on Denise didn’t happen in Jayme’s room, but it’s worth noting.

We have not heard that the police dash cams were on or off. In my book, they were off as the first two or even three cars responded within seconds of each other.

Only hearing yelling and a person saying “help” would sound like a domestic call IMO. I still wonder where the “suicide” description came from.

After the first officer was on site, the situation took a different turn. Dash cams were then turned on in follow up vehicles I would imagine. JMO.

I would like the dash cams to automatically turn on when the key is placed in the ignition!

I wonder if the perps, though, in this case, ran off through the woods, back towards the railroad track mowed area, carrying Jayme then forcing her to walk.

Good morning all, and thanks for allowing me to this group. I've been following this thread for awhile and figured it was about time I got involved. I grew up in the area and possibly can help shine some light on a few things.

1) The firing of guns at night. I have and known others to shoot a skunk or 2 at night. Not as sport, but not wanting them to tangle with my dogs, they carry rabies and of course I hated dealing with a skunk sprayed dog. Also, individuals coon hunt, that's at night also because they are nocturnal.

2) If Jayme would have fled the house and hid in the woods they would have found her, because they deployed Infra-red equipment, and if she was killed outside, they would have found blood and why take the body when they already left 2.

3) The area does have a history of meth. Other drugs also. Here's a link to a growing operation located about 12 miles from Barron... Marijuana, monkeys found in Comstock barn

4) Last year, remains were found in Maple Grove Township, you go on the otherside of the hwy 8, where the Closs's lived and you are in Maple Grove township. Analysis of skeletal remains leads to homicide investigation in Barron Co. - Wausau Pilot & Review
I'm beginning to wonder if this may be related, ie.. the perp killed someone, got away with it and decided he liked the feeling and stepped it up a notch. Then not killing Jayme, because he just couldn't do it. Maybe has a child of his own.

5) <modsnip - topic not allowed>.

6) <modsnip. - topic not allowed>.

7) Keeping on track, I'm thinking the perp is possibly from JC's work, This would explain the town meeting where no press was there. This would blow up big time, local, national as well as world. tying it all together, <modsnip - not allowed>. This stuff does not happen here.

8) oh yeah. Jayme? she has green eyes, she's a trophy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone posted the the mattress removed was a twin. More likely to come from Jayme’s room than James and Denise’s. That doesn’t meant an assault on Denise didn’t happen in Jayme’s room, but it’s worth noting.

Yeah, worth nothing for sure. I also think if Denise was the target, somebody who rapes her might also rape Jayme. I don't think it's mutually exclusive, if the purpose was to cause Denise as much pain as possible.

I would like the dash cams to automatically turn on when the key is placed in the ignition!

I wonder if the perps, though, in this case, ran off through the woods, back towards the railroad track mowed area, carrying Jayme then forcing her to walk.

That is a good thought! I have thought about the whole going through the woods thing. Even a camp 5 miles away can be reached in less than 2 hours of walking through a wooded area. A 5 mile radius is 100 square miles. That's a lot of ground to search. Maybe they parked a away somewhere and would walk to the vehicle?

While I'm thinking about theories, I go to Google to see what updates are available I type in "Jayme Closs" and one of the Google suggestions is "Jayme Closs theories". (What a coincidence, right?) It leads me to Heavy.com with an article on theories. I remember seeing some of these on here. They also look at why each may not be likely.

Jayme Closs: Theories in Disappearance of Barron, WI Teen | Heavy.com

I have been thinking about the funeral. It wouldn't be uncommon for the perp to attend the funeral of his victims. It makes me wonder who attended. Was LE or FBI present? I also know funerals bring people out of the woodwork too. My ageing mom regularly attends funerals of people she is barely acquainted with anymore (I think she is worried no one will attend hers...trying to build good karma).
Sheriff Fitzgerald paid his respects to the Closs family Saturday, and he also helped provide security outside St. Peter Catholic Church.
Funeral Held For Slain Wisconsin Couple, Teen Daughter Still Missing

Regarding taking a day off to watch a game:
My ex was a big football fan but worked second shift. He usually recorded the games but guys at work inevitably would blab the final score or a great play ruining it for him. So he would take a day off for the games he really wanted to see and enjoy it. A lot of other guys did it for basketball games so it was a pretty normal thing.

Good morning all, and thanks for allowing me to this group. I've been following this thread for awhile and figured it was about time I got involved. I grew up in the area and possibly can help shine some light on a few things.

1) The firing of guns at night. I have and known others to shoot a skunk or 2 at night. Not as sport, but not wanting them to tangle with my dogs, they carry rabies and of course I hated dealing with a skunk sprayed dog. Also, individuals coon hunt, that's at night also because they are nocturnal.

2) If Jayme would have fled the house and hid in the woods they would have found her, because they deployed Infra-red equipment, and if she was killed outside, they would have found blood and why take the body when they already left 2.

3) The area does have a history of meth. Other drugs also. Here's a link to a growing operation located about 12 miles from Barron... Marijuana, monkeys found in Comstock barn

4) Last year, remains were found in Maple Grove Township, you go on the otherside of the hwy 8, where the Closs's lived and you are in Maple Grove township. Analysis of skeletal remains leads to homicide investigation in Barron Co. - Wausau Pilot & Review
I'm beginning to wonder if this may be related, ie.. the perp killed someone, got away with it and decided he liked the feeling and stepped it up a notch. Then not killing Jayme, because he just couldn't do it. Maybe has a child of his own.

5) <modsnip - not allowed>

6) <modsnip - not allowed>

7) Keeping on track, I'm thinking the perp is possibly from JC's work, This would explain the town meeting where no press was there. This would blow up big time, local, national as well as world. tying it all together, <modsnip - not allowed>. This stuff does not happen here.

8) oh yeah. Jayme? she has green eyes, she's a trophy!
:) Welcome to Websleuths, Papa J! :)
Thank you for joining us.​

Last edited by a moderator:
If the neighbors were wrong about the time they heard the gun shots (i.e., 12:58 instead of 12:38), then all that occurred at the Closs home happened very fast and IMHO ups the likelihood that Jayme was the target.

Since we don’t know if James was working Sunday or not, or if he was, which shift he was on, I am going to throw this out there.
James and a friend, maybe with a friend of the friend, were drinking a few beers, and watching football. Time comes to leave, but they had too much to drink, so James tells him/them to stay for a while to sober up. Something happens in this time period, either an argument, or maybe even James caught them doing something to Jayme, so he throws them out. They get pissed off, or even scared that James will report what they did to Jayme to the police, so they get a gun from the car, try to go back in but the door is locked, so they kick it in, kill Jayme’s parents and take her.

I now feel strongly about this theory.

This is all MOO.

No, it was ruled that the man fought with his wife, killed his wife and daughter, then killed himself.
But could that be wrong? With the family so similar, and the daughter in dance could it be the same guy, focused on the teenager, that managed to make that one look like murder/suicide and intended to do so again this time, but it didn't work out?

Being involved in dance for a pre-teen/teen girl, so I really think this is just a coincidence. It’s harder to fake a suicide than you would think and as someone mentioned up thread, this had a lot of the warning signs (DV, marital problems). It’s tragic, but probably not related.

I have followed this case closely, even now finishing reading the many threads and posts here.

To all, hello and thanks.

It seems to me it must have been acquaintances, as it makes no sense to choose that house, otherwise.

Since we don’t know if James was working Sunday or not, or if he was, which shift he was on, I am going to throw this out there.
James and a friend, maybe with a friend of the friend, were drinking a few beers, and watching football. Time comes to leave, but they had too much to drink, so James tells him/them to stay for a while to sober up. Something happens in this time period, either an argument, or maybe even James caught them doing something to Jayme, so he throws them out. They get pissed off, or even scared that James will report what they did to Jayme to the police, so they get a gun from the car, try to go back in but the door is locked, so they kick it in, kill Jayme’s parents and take her.

I now feel strongly about this theory.

This is all MOO.

If there was a friend, there’d be evidence. A car parked in the driveway for a few hours, beer cans or drinking glasses, snack bowls, a
made up couch to sleep on. And I think LE would’ve said so, because then the investigation is just friends and family.

OK Folks first post on this. Here are my thoughts. MOO # Theory One
  • Angry Attack for what ever reason against parents
  • Not so angry. The minor and the dog weren't killed in situ
  • The dog is in the safety of family members
  • The Minor is still classed as missing
Is it just possible the minor JC was able to run and escape for a short period of time before being picked up unfortunately by the perpetrator's of the crime .

IMHO I Think JC jrn Escaped the house and then Ran for help in to what she thought was safety and possibly wasn't. I also think it was JC jnr who made the 911 call from her mothers phone. She couldn't speak because she was hiding. She turned the phone off to stop it ringing.

Do I think a 13 year old could do all of that, Yes I do in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74